Council and Sky Blues in court tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Lord_Nampil

While I'm in an argumentative mood - and this is not aimed at you Lord N - I would suggest this is of interest to a small number of people but just turns off huge numbers of City fans who are interested in football not law, finance or council employees

To be fair I think that's what we all want!!! I am convinced come mid June we will have clarity off the field, and have what we want, cov bk in cov! The football banter then can go on for ever and a day!!!

James Smith

If they did nothing wrong why are they bothered?

I would guess that they don't want to give the people who have started a Judicial Review against them anything that could be used as ammunition. It may all be above board, ship shape and all that (we won't know until the judgement) but even so why give them (sisu) what they want if you don't have to.

Ian1779

Exactly what rights do sisu have to see private and confidential Council documents.

You're missing the point - if the council have done nothing wrong then there would be no issue in the documents being made public will there?

It's not like they are requesting personal information is it?

Tonylinc

I don't know about anyone else but the fact that Shitzu are making this application gives me some confidence that they are starting to panic. Do they feel that their case is good enough without some additional information which may or may not be gleaned from the documents which they are seeking to,"discover"?

DazzleTommyDazzle

You're missing the point - if the council have done nothing wrong then there would be no issue in the documents being made public will there?

It's not like they are requesting personal information is it?

I look forward to SISU releasing all their internal documentation relating to their time as owners as of our club.

After all "if" they "have done nothing wrong then there would be no issue in the documents being made public will there?"

"It's not like" we're "requesting personal information is it?"

Ian1779

I don't know about anyone else but the fact that Shitzu are making this application gives me some confidence that they are starting to panic. Do they feel that their case is good enough without some additional information which may or may not be gleaned from the documents which they are seeking to,"discover"?

Apparently they have been asking for this from the start of the process. As someone has already said, they probably know what is in there, but want it put in the public domain.

bigfatronssba

I look forward to SISU releasing all their internal documentation relating to their time as owners as of our club.

After all "if" they "have done nothing wrong then there would be no issue in the documents being made public will there?"

I can't wait to see ccfc Ltd accounts being published.

Ian1779

I'd welcome it as well. I think we all would. In fact I'd like to see everything from a club perspective from about 1995 onwards.

Perhaps you can lobby CCC/ACL to pursue this, as they clearly felt the admin process was flawed, seeing as that was the reason we were deducted 10 points.

Lets get it all out in the open.....

Steve.B50

To be fair I think that's what we all want!!! I am convinced come mid June we will have clarity off the field, and have what we want, cov bk in cov! The football banter then can go on for ever and a day!!!

Although we all want this, I am not so sure it will happen.

Nick

Administrator

Exactly, the more that comes out the better I think

Skybluesquirrel

Not sure if this has been posted here before but please accept my apologise if it has.

below is the link of the State Aid Guidance

https://www.gov.uk/state-aid

In case anyone are interested while we on the topic.

This bits quite interesting:

Regional aid and UK assisted areas
State aid, provided as regional aid, can be used to support the economic development of certain disadvantaged areas within the European Union.
On the basis of Article 87(3)a and Article 87(3)c of the Treaty, State aid granted to promote the economic development of certain disadvantaged areas within the European Union is considered compatible with the common market by the European Commission. This kind of state aid is referred to as regional aid.
Regional aid for business consists of aid for investment, or in certain limited circumstances operating aid, targeted on specific regions to redress regional disparities. Increased levels of regional investment aid may be granted to small and medium-sized enterprises located within the disadvantaged areas.

Longford is a designated disadvantaged area, allowed to receive assistance as regional aid, according to the 2007 - 2013 documents, and in the current 2014 - 2020.

shmmeee

In the spirit of open government I don't really see why anything can't be disclosed. It isn't a threat to national security is it?

Normally I'd agree. But the idea of making public a discussion which those involved considered private doesn't sit right with me. But overall I'd agree, all government meetings should be recorded and available to view going forward. Might keep people a bit more honest, though in all likelihood would just increase the backroom deals.

I'm very surprised that in this election season, if there is something bad to come out, no-one has made political hay with it. Very unusual for a governing body to be so united on something like this. I haven't followed the local council too closely, has anyone spoken out from within the council? If it's whistleblowing it's not like they could be sanctioned.

Nick

Administrator
Normally I'd agree. But the idea of making public a discussion which those involved considered private doesn't sit right with me. But overall I'd agree, all government meetings should be recorded and available to view going forward. Might keep people a bit more honest, though in all likelihood would just increase the backroom deals.

I'm very surprised that in this election season, if there is something bad to come out, no-one has made political hay with it. Very unusual for a governing body to be so united on something like this. I haven't followed the local council too closely, has anyone spoken out from within the council? If it's whistleblowing it's not like they could be sanctioned.

Somebody must be saying something, how else would sisu know this other stuff they are after exists?

James Smith

I can see this as:

The council not wanting to hand over potential ammunition to Sisu but everything the council did above board and them not worried about the outcome of the JR.

Or

The documents show something the council don't want revealed before the JR but are convinced about the lawfulness of their actions.

Or

Sisu know what's in the documents and want it out in public to try and sway opinion before the JR and are convinced the council have acted unlawfully.

Or

The documents show something the council don't want revealed before the JR and are not convinced about the lawfulness of their actions.

Or

Sisu were hoping that the council would have backed down by now and are fishing for anything they can potentially get in the hopes that there's dirt somewhere.

Have I missed anything?

The Gentleman

Actually Michael they turned their back on them when the final whistle went that night. Promise a trip to Wembley they'll sign then.

Oh bore off Grendel, trying to make out that fellow Cov fans are fickle when in fact you would find the same thing across the country. Football fans enjoy football but generally have more important things in their lives such as a roof over their families heads, food on the table, bills paid etc. A lot of CCFC fans have just turned their backs on things because they have had enough of all this shit that is going on, its no fun when we are not playing in our own city, all the politics and sniping which cloud what goes on around match day. Even coming on here isn't as much fun as it used to be because I used to like to argue as it was fun but people seem so entrenched that they will never change their view/stance even when facts are staring them in the face. People like Torchomatic have said on here before that I don't like things said about ACL/CCC when in actual fact as much as I love CCFC, I also am a proud Coventarian and also care what happens in my city and the people who live in it, which is why I was against things like that Rob S person was trying to do in removing Anne Lucas from office who does good things for the people in her community to people like CC4L constantly slagging off CCC despite the good work they actually do for the people who live in Coventry. But then I wouldn't expect you or people like Torchomatic and others to care what happens to the people of Coventry or the City itself or the council who govern us as much as I couldn't give a shit for the cities/towns you live in. It really gets fucking boring when you and others bring up about how many fans turned up for the JPT semi or the visit to MK when all it is is fans wanting to support the club when they want, which is no different to you or Torch or others going to Sixfields to support the team when you want. Rant over.

Hobo

Oh bore off Grendel, trying to make out that fellow Cov fans are fickle when in fact you would find the same thing across the country. Football fans enjoy football but generally have more important things in their lives such as a roof over their families heads, food on the table, bills paid etc. A lot of CCFC fans have just turned their backs on things because they have had enough of all this shit that is going on, its no fun when we are not playing in our own city, all the politics and sniping which cloud what goes on around match day. Even coming on here isn't as much fun as it used to be because I used to like to argue as it was fun but people seem so entrenched that they will never change their view/stance even when facts are staring them in the face. People like Torchomatic have said on here before that I don't like things said about ACL/CCC when in actual fact as much as I love CCFC, I also am a proud Coventarian and also care what happens in my city and the people who live in it, which is why I was against things like that Rob S person was trying to do in removing Anne Lucas from office who does good things for the people in her community to people like CC4L constantly slagging off CCC despite the good work they actually do for the people who live in Coventry. But then I wouldn't expect you or people like Torchomatic and others to care what happens to the people of Coventry or the City itself or the council who govern us as much as I couldn't give a shit for the cities/towns you live in. It really gets fucking boring when you and others bring up about how many fans turned up for the JPT semi or the visit to MK when all it is is fans wanting to support the club when they want, which is no different to you or Torch or others going to Sixfields to support the team when you want. Rant over.

But a very good rant and I couldn't have ranted it better myself.

bigfatronssba

Couldn't agree more. The same handful on here who constantly go moan about those who attended the JPT are in the next sentence saying that with regard to Sixfields its the individuals right to go. Hypocrites!

I also wouldn't mind guessing that those who complain about the nasty hillers shouting abuse at Sixfielders are the same people who were shouting abuse at families leaving early on the JPT night.

Kingokings204

His lordship mr mark labovitch has spoken.

Seems fair enough to me. Like Everyone we want it all out in the open and the truth shall set us free.

Terry Gibson's perm

Will our leader be attending court today to batter her rivals or will she be sending her minions again as it is a sunny day and I am not sure she will be able to leave her coffin in this weather!

Maybe we will get to see Labo in a Neville Chamberlain pose with a piece of paper.

fernandopartridge

This bits quite interesting:

Regional aid and UK assisted areas
State aid, provided as regional aid, can be used to support the economic development of certain disadvantaged areas within the European Union.
On the basis of Article 87(3)a and Article 87(3)c of the Treaty, State aid granted to promote the economic development of certain disadvantaged areas within the European Union is considered compatible with the common market by the European Commission. This kind of state aid is referred to as regional aid.
Regional aid for business consists of aid for investment, or in certain limited circumstances operating aid, targeted on specific regions to redress regional disparities. Increased levels of regional investment aid may be granted to small and medium-sized enterprises located within the disadvantaged areas.

Longford is a designated disadvantaged area, allowed to receive assistance as regional aid, according to the 2007 - 2013 documents, and in the current 2014 - 2020.

It isn't classified as a disadvantaged area in the terms described above. The formally recognised areas in England are Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, South Yorkshire and Merseyside.

Astute

So it sounds like they want access to the outstanding minutes of the January full council meeting in which the ACL deal was agreed by councillors in private and also details of PricewaterhouseCoopers’ analysis of ACL’s financial position.

One of these could have something to do with the JR. The other seems like just to carry on with their effort to show that the Ricoh has a very low value. So this would be a continuation of the spin to get everything cheaply. But the valuation was used against Higgs to try and devalue their share which the judge pulled Deering up on. So is this already now publicly known? Do they think that CCC know more? Are they still after this?

Oh the joy of it all
:mad:

Nick

Administrator
So it sounds like they want access to the outstanding minutes of the January full council meeting in which the ACL deal was agreed by councillors in private and also details of PricewaterhouseCoopers’ analysis of ACL’s financial position.

One of these could have something to do with the JR. The other seems like just to carry on with their effort to show that the Ricoh has a very low value. So this would be a continuation of the spin to get everything cheaply. But the valuation was used against Higgs to try and devalue their share which the judge pulled Deering up on. So is this already now publicly known? Do they think that CCC know more? Are they still after this?

Oh the joy of it all

Unless they are trying to prove its not worth anything so the council over paid?

fernandopartridge

Oh the joy of it all

If PWC value ACL cheaply it isn't exactly SISU 'spin', is it?

Kingokings204

Oh the joy of it all

No pun on the last line I'm sure. We will see after today what the outcome is but I doubt today is a key day in terms if everything one way or another.

Astute

If PWC value ACL cheaply it isn't exactly SISU 'spin', is it?

We know they didn't value it as nil though. You know they didn't value it as nil unless you ignored that part of the case of Higgs v SISU. Deering tried to make out as though it was valueless, but that was only if everything went wrong. All that has gone wrong is that our club has left. This was planned by SISU. Don't you remember the judge pulling Deering up on what she said then? You know, the reason for only offering Higgs 2m for their share as they are a charity :thinking about:

fernandopartridge

We know they didn't value it as nil though. You know they didn't value it as nil unless you ignored that part of the case of Higgs v SISU. Deering tried to make out as though it was valueless, but that was only if everything went wrong. All that has gone wrong is that our club has left. This was planned by SISU. Don't you remember the judge pulling Deering up on what she said then? You know, the reason for only offering Higgs 2m for their share as they are a charity :thinking about:

I don't see why any of that prevents CCC from disclosing PWC's valuation. You'd think the taxpayer would be interested considering the council have lent ACL £14m.

Nick

Administrator
I don't see why any of that prevents CCC from disclosing PWC's valuation. You'd think the taxpayer would be interested considering the council have lent ACL £14m.

Exactly, if it is worth £1.99 then surely the tax payer will wonder why they got given £14m? If it is worth £60 million they got a bargain ;)

Astute

Would anyone like to explain how it could have a value of less than 14m? How much value would a smaller build be worth without everything the arena has if it is built in the Coventry area?

Nick

Administrator
Would anyone like to explain how it could have a value of less than 14m? How much value would a smaller build be worth without everything the arena has if it is built in the Coventry area?

It isn't the value of the build is it? It is the value of ACL isn't it?

The council themselves thought that the Higgs shares at £5.5m were way over priced, so if they think £11m is way over priced then what value do they give it? Surely if somebody wants to give me a loan for a house they need to know the house value?

Users who are viewing this thread