Could we start new season still with embargo on. (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

We can start the season while under an embargo as long as we have enough bodies! At this rate though we'll be signing up our under 8's for the first team as we can't even sign free transfers!

There must be a point where the FL step in as we're not putting out a team that can compete. I know we were hardly amazing last year but if we lose Keogh, Cranie, Sammy, Bigi from last years team at what point does the league take action?

Aren't Pompey being brought out of admin by the same guy who put them into admin first time round?

Close, he's the guy who put them into admin the second time (this time is the third time round in case you're losing count). He only got control of the club as it was security on a loan for £18m. Funnily enough the offer he's made somehow means he comes out still being owed £18m which is the same as the last time he put them into admin. Essentially he's only offering to take them over to save his £18m. They'll be in the same boat as us as he won't put any more of his money in.

Maiden Cov

I hope Orange Ken doesn't come back, or I will not be a happy bunny!

I can actually look back now and laugh, quality moment Ken sitting in the dug out and we'll never forget him.:jerkit: As much as I don't think TF is from the same mould as Ken and for all I know might even be good for the club if it wasn't for Joy & co but at least Ken did something - he had a lovely picture taken with our Oggy:D
2Q==

Thinking about it didn't Ken actually get us out of a embargo?:thinking about:

Unfortunatly it doesn't matter who has been put in charge of our club none of them can do anything to get us out of the position were in.

Wonder if they'll consider paying our rent like they do with players wages when the shit hits the fan! Or even the hard working honest staff members I.e shop and ticket office staff whose jobs are at risk due to the ill running of our club! Doubt it. We're not a big club

Not true, tried that one but the FL cant do it as it would be giving that club an unfair advantage.

Ashdown

Why would SISU file the accounts and lift the embargo, its suits them down to the ground. It means their dealings can remain secretive and they can peddle this losing 500k per month bullshit for a bit longer and obviously it means that they don't have to bring anyone in and part with anymore money yet. It might also reveal what they have done exactly with 5000 ST holders cash.

SonofErnie

Why would SISU file the accounts and lift the embargo, its suits them down to the ground. It means their dealings can remain secretive and they can peddle this losing 500k per month bullshit for a bit longer and obviously it means that they don't have to bring anyone in and part with anymore money yet. It might also reveal what they have done exactly with 5000 ST holders cash.

Agree, it suits them down to the ground. We keep hearing that the finance department are working hard to get the accounts submitted, why ? What can they possibly need to work hard on other than concealment and creative accounting, so that when they are released they are so complex, that even highly trained experts won't be able to spot where the money is being spent.

Users who are viewing this thread