Could we start new season still with embargo on. (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBri

I asked the FL the following question
"
I am a supporter of the above club that are currently under a transfer embargo due to our owners SISU not submitting accounts.

Is there any deadline, before the season starts, by which accounts must be submitted? "

"

Any Football League club that fails to submit to the Executive the Annual Accounts, shall be subject to a registrations embargo (as per regulation 16.6 here http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/section-4-clubs_2293633_2125725).

Any such club will remain under embargo until their accounts are submitted to the satisfaction of the Executive/Board.

Thank you for contacting The Football League. "

So tried again
" Thank you for the reply and I have read those rules, but as far as I can see there is no deadline once the embargo is in place due to not hitting the March date.
So am I correct in thinking that we could start the new season still in that condition? "

FL
"

Thanks for your email, unfortunately we are not able to comment on any specifics in relation to any club that may or may not be subject to a registrations embargo. The Football League has a long-standing policy not to comment publicly about the imposition of embargoes, which is maintained to protect the interests of the clubs involved. As previously stated any such club will remain under embargo until their accounts are submitted to the satisfaction of the Executive/Board."

chiefdave

The FL are useless, how is that a question about a specific club?!? No wonder things are in the state they are with them running the show.

Brighton Sky Blue

That answer suggests that the embargo is indefinite until the accounts are filed and approved-which doesn't make a whole lot of sense; it doesn't seem a strong enough deterrent for crap administration.

wingy

At what point does not filing accounts incur a sanction for not being able to satisfy them of our ability to seeit through the season ,or is it on a nod & wink?:thinking about:

ccfcway

not fililng accounts
not paying rent
not signing players

they will get away with it

Pompy Mark 2

Brighton Sky Blue

Bit pointless isn't it Wingy-the FL seem happy to turn a blind eye to these issues until a club is staring extinction in the face.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Bit pointless isn't it Wingy-the FL seem happy to turn a blind eye to these issues until a club is staring extinction in the face.

Wonder if they'll consider paying our rent like they do with players wages when the shit hits the fan! Or even the hard working honest staff members I.e shop and ticket office staff whose jobs are at risk due to the ill running of our club! Doubt it. We're not a big club

Brighton Sky Blue

Over 30 people lost their jobs at Portsmouth to keep the club afloat. Did any of their players offer to take pay cuts from their £10,000+ a week contracts to prevent that? No, they just sat their milking the cash cow for all its worth, and the PL forwarded on parachute payments to help them justify it.

Nonleagueherewecome

not fililng accounts
not paying rent
not signing players

they will get away with it

Pompy Mark 2

It's a chuffing disgrace that they are getting away with it: in what way is this "fit and proper"? The administrators of the game are about as fit for purpose when it comes to standing up to owners as Parliament is at holding multi-national corporations to account: utterly impotent. Like our attack.

Nonleagueherewecome

I hope Orange Ken doesn't come back, or I will not be a happy bunny!

wingy

Aren't Pompey being brought out of admin by the same guy who put them into admin first time round?

Don't know SW but his offer of £0.02p. somehow seems acceptable over a £0.07p. offer from that guy who visited us back in September ,not a made up name Brett De Bank,anyone remember him?

Nonleagueherewecome

Nonleagueherewecome

Who was our last signing we signed and we thought 'I'm glad we signed him?'
Chris Hussey. I was doing cartwheels.

Grendel

Who was our last signing we signed and we thought 'I'm glad we signed him?'

I had a week off work when I heard we captured David Bell

Nonleagueherewecome

Clinton Morrison-gave our front line a bit of brap.

TBF, his constant bollockings of Eastwood possibly got more out of him than we did subsequently, but that was offset by the negative effect it had on Best's confidence. Joe Elliott told my brother he had to go as half the dressing room hated his guts!

Nonleagueherewecome

I had a week off work when I heard we captured David Bell

A deaf, dumb and blind sloth could capture David Bell...

Sorry Bell, din't mean it...don't leave us due to the crap support we give you, as we won't replace you anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread