Could we have a very different team for second half of the season ? (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Nearly half way through the season and it looks to me we could have a very different team for the daunting second half of the season and a hopeful big push for promotion. Having signed the Swede who at 31 I believe will soon be in the team, Bigiriama to come in, a fit Joe Cole and James Maddison maybe a new centre-half if/when Ben Turner goes back and looking seriously at this Andy Rose chap and a bit of a hint last week from TM of looking at a striker just seems to me we could have a very different 11 to what we have had upto now and a bit more age to it.

Covstu

Agree it could be starting again for some areas. I think we still have Murphy but not convinced we will keep Armstrong. TM hasn't disappointed so we just need to keep the faith!

Otis

Nearly half way through the season and it looks to me we could have a very different team for the daunting second half of the season and a hopeful big push for promotion. Having signed the Swede who at 31 I believe will soon be in the team, Bigiriama to come in, a fit Joe Cole and James Maddison maybe a new centre-half if/when Ben Turner goes back and looking seriously at this Rose chap and a bit of a hint last week from TM of looking at a striker just seems to me we could have a very different 11 to what we have had upto now and a bit more age to it.

We should still hopefully have though, RCC, Ricketts, Martin, Stokes, Vincelot, Fleck, Maddison and Murphy, so that's 8 first teamers right there.

Hopefully we'll have a stronger squad though for the run-in.

wingy

Agree it could be starting again for some areas. I think we still have Murphy but not convinced we will keep Armstrong. TM hasn't disappointed so we just need to keep the faith!
Yeah I think we'll be looking for two Strikers
I also expect a couple of players to go out on loan or have contracts settled as we continue to recruit.

bawtryneal

My worry is we may sell Fleck in January. Bigi and the Rose guy here for a reason. If some championship or SPL team bid 750K or more will be difficult for the club to turn down. I will be pissed off if it happens, but would not surprise me.

RegTheDonk

I can't see Fleck being sold at this point. He's been fairly solid when he's played and if not in the starting 11 is needed for cover. I'm giving the owners the benefit of the doubt here that they have learned from their mistakes and will not cash in when we seem to have a genuine chance of promotion.

stupot07

We should still hopefully have though, RCC, Ricketts, Martin, Stokes, Vincelot, Fleck, Maddison and Murphy, so that's 8 first teamers right there.

Hopefully we'll have a stronger squad though for the run-in.

Agreed. Plus JOB that's 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

They will be there but I think John Fleck although generally playing well is a little vunerable imo

Vulnerable to what? Leaving or being replaced by Bigi/Rose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

fernandopartridge

Turner has only played 3 times. It's not as if he's been a mainstay so far. Twitter suggesting Armstrong is here for the season.

stupot07

So I make it from Jan.

-------------RCC
Ricketts-Martin--???--Stokes
-------Vincelot-fleck
JOB---Maddison--Murphy
-----------????

Hopefully Armstrong will stay, so really the only real change will be Maddison coming back in and a CB or the swedish guy playing right back.

Samo

Not what I'm hearing.

It doesn't matter what anyone is hearing, it all depends on the situation at Newcastle and that could change in a second. It's pure guesswork.

shmmeee

I'm not hearing anything but I can't see Arma staying past Jan. The tone up at Newcastle seems to have changed as he keeps doing well and they keep doing poorly. I'm sure Mowbray will find someone else, or Murphy will step up in that role.

wingy

What are you hearing and who from?

I won't name anyone
It's one removed from someone who is in contact with several ex players and at least one very close to the current set up
He saw them yesterday and was told this, also that TM is working on a replacement who we'd be very happy with,but would not name them in case it doesn't come off
Same source who told me the overall budget fot the season was £4m,which seems valid.

stupot07

I can't see Armstrong or Kent staying beyond January either.

skybluesunny

We would all like Armstrong to stay beyond January until the end of season. But, what situation would best suit us with McLaren, for him to stay as manager of Newcastle or for him to be sacked in order for AA to stay with us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

The thing with Armstrong is this is his first full season at senior level and has been fantastic better than we all imagined but can he continue delivering should he stay the rest of the season that's the delema for Mowbray if funds are there I would definitely bring a striker in added to what we have and if AA is recalled I'd consider 2

wingy

The thing with Armstrong is this is his first full season at senior level and has been fantastic better than we all imagined but can he continue delivering should he stay the rest of the season that's the delema for Mowbray if funds are there I would definitely bring a striker in added to what we have and if AA is recalled I'd consider 2

Same here RB.

Mcbean

What we have had over the six weeks is depth of squad that we haven't had before - TM has been able to bring a second wave of strong players on - last season we had nobody of any substance - they were on the pitch if they had any skill then the injuries came - this has been what TM has brought with his contacts

Astute

What we have had over the six weeks is depth of squad that we haven't had before - TM has been able to bring a second wave of strong players on - last season we had nobody of any substance - they were on the pitch if they had any skill then the injuries came - this has been what TM has brought with his contacts

Most of our subs this season are better than the first team last season.

ccfcway

I can see Conor Thomas and Lateef Elford-Alliyu moving on. Coupled with Turner going back, and likely that at least one of Kent or Armstrong going back, TM will have some money to play with.

I trust him to spend it wisely

Users who are viewing this thread