Could those attending Wasps games... (1 Viewer)

TheRoyalScam

we all know what SISU are and what they've done to our club.

The problem is the club you've supported since the 60s is about to die as the council carries out it's vendetta against SISU, if you're happy with that then shame on you.
You think I'm happy about the situation......jeez!

Ian1779

I thought it was obvious rather than strange: 'Let's just criticise Wasps instead (they're 'egg-chasers' after all with a 'shit concept of sport').' Just answering the replies to my first post - the one where I considered this whole thread in terms of 'straws' and 'clutching'........

We should criticise them for being the franchise cunts that they are.

A franchise sports team has come into our city and is hellbent on driving us into oblivion.

It's time for this to stop.

Grendel

I thought it was obvious rather than strange: 'Let's just criticise Wasps instead (they're 'egg-chasers' after all with a 'shit concept of sport').' Just answering the replies to my first post - the one where I considered this whole thread in terms of 'straws' and 'clutching'........

It's nothing to do with being egg chasers (stupid and annoying phrase)

It's do with your beliefs on franchising in sport. You can't bleat about nasty sisu going to Northampton but refuse to criticise the strategy deployed by Moonstone.

It's also about getting annoyed at the now blatant attempt to gain market share at the clubs expense.

You blest about history - well that's all we will have if apologists like you have your way.

Mr T - Sukka!

I'm not being funny but Rugby is the most boring shitty sport i have ever known.
I went to a game once at Butts park arena, not for me. Wish CRFC well and everything as they are a local team. But would never go to the Ricoh to watch Wasps even if offered a free ticket. It just doesn't appeal at all, strange folks the Rugby lot. Seem to like Chess, bowls, cricket, etc.

Wasps have not really bothered me until now, its a bit sneaky and underhand to move in on the Higgs.

no_loyalty

Rugby is shite, I have to watch the 6 nations just to please the missus, she keeps bugging me take her to watch Wasps but I think I'd rather bathe in my own piss.

2 lads at work are ex City season ticket holders who now have season tickets at Wasps, they have said they are never going to watch City again, they are born and bred in Cov so don't get it myself, I fucking hope Wasps go bust

fernandopartridge

Rugby is shite, I have to watch the 6 nations just to please the missus, she keeps bugging me take her to watch Wasps but I think I'd rather bathe in my own piss.

2 lads at work are ex City season ticket holders who now have season tickets at Wasps, they have said they are never going to watch City again, they are born and bred in Cov so don't get it myself, I fucking hope Wasps go bust
What a pair of wankers they are.

Nick

Administrator
I think more of this is needed, their PR will soon change it all round to be the club's fault.

There's no harm in Wasps being pressured is there? Maybe if they hadn't been given the pass and support from CCFC fans and everybody else they might never have been able to do half the shit to the club.

Liquid Gold

Resist the temptation to reply to these posts trying to claim it all as our club's fault, it's blatant PR and taking threads like this off track is exactly the purpose. Casual observers on here could be swayed by people like this. A one word answer the continuing with the purpose of the thread is much better.

Anyway, I'm not based in the city but any reasonable ideas that I can help with i'd be more than happy to get involved. I think we need to start showing that football fans can be trouble.

Nick

Administrator
Resist the temptation to reply to these posts trying to claim it all as our club's fault, it's blatant PR and taking threads like this off track is exactly the purpose. Casual observers on here could be swayed by people like this. A one word answer the continuing with the purpose of the thread is much better.

Anyway, I'm not based in the city but any reasonable ideas that I can help with i'd be more than happy to get involved. I think we need to start showing that football fans can be trouble.

Yep, that is exactly what it is trying to do.

As soon as any pressure gets to Wasps or anybody else, they blame it on SISU then off everybody goes.

Macca

Less talk more action. Instead of bleating do something more than some wanky protest march

Grendel

Less talk more action. Instead of bleating do something more than some wanky protest march

I'm off down the Wheatsheaf with a brown envelope to talk to The Lurker.

Hope the police aren't looking to smash the gaffe tonight.

Shakeitup

I'm not being funny but Rugby is the most boring shitty sport i have ever known.
I went to a game once at Butts park arena, not for me. Wish CRFC well and everything as they are a local team. But would never go to the Ricoh to watch Wasps even if offered a free ticket. It just doesn't appeal at all, strange folks the Rugby lot. Seem to like Chess, bowls, cricket, etc.

Wasps have not really bothered me until now, its a bit sneaky and underhand to move in on the Higgs.

Using CRFC as a gauge to liking rugby is a pretty poor barometer. It would be like taking someone to see Bedworth United.

SkyblueBazza

A thought just occurred to me about how this anti-Wasps obsession & many of the ideas to somehow (& unrealistically) force them out of Coventry & the Ricoh has parallels with the ridiculous scaremongering & extremism of current anti-immigration, & the "if theyre black - send 'em back" racism of old

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Nick

Administrator
A thought just occurred to me about how this anti-Wasps obsession & many of the ideas to somehow (& unrealistically) force them out of Coventry & the Ricoh has parallels with the ridiculous scaremongering & extremism of current anti-immigration, & the "if theyre black - send 'em back" racism of old

Yes, somebody being against franchising and against a team that can be damaging our football club is very much like racism.

Grendel

Probably the most stupid thing I've ever read on here.

mrtrench

I don't agree that being concerned about the *volume* of immigration has anything to do with racism. One can be for diversity and against accepting 300,000 net immigration every year (that's the population of Coventry every year). If the numbers of European migrants continue at the current pace, it would be terrible for the UK. We couldn't and are not building houses fast enough; it will cause homelessness, people living in slum conditions and shanty towns. It's also not good for the countries they are leaving - removing young people that would otherwise form the bedrock of their economy going forward, causing economic hardship to each one.

That isn't extremism in any form, it's just economics and concern for everyone in Europe. People like Owen Jones, stating that "immigration isn't the problem, it's the Tory government's fault for not building enough houses" just don't understand the supply and demand rules of economics: when demand is greater than supply the price of a commodity increases and an increasing number of people have to go without that commodity. The solution equally falls between supply and demand not just one side. And if we physically cannot increase supply fast enough we must reduce demand. Further, Jones hasn't thought through the harm it will do to Poland, Bulgaria, Romania...

I do agree that being hateful towards rugby fans is nasty and has similarities with the arrogance and hate of racism. I can understand people here being angry about a franchise taking over what we believed was our ground. Personally I don't blame Wasps (I've already explained why in another thread) but I can understand the antagonism towards the Wasps club. However people projecting that anger onto Wasps fans is IMO hateful and inconsiderate; failing to accept that some people are different to ourselves and failing to respect others' rights.

Nick

Administrator
I don't agree that being concerned about the *volume* of immigration has anything to do with racism. One can be for diversity and against accepting 300,000 net immigration every year (that's the population of Coventry every year). If the numbers of European migrants continue at the current pace, it would be terrible for the UK. We couldn't and are not building houses fast enough; it will cause homelessness, people living in slum conditions and shanty towns. It's also not good for the countries they are leaving - removing young people that would otherwise form the bedrock of their economy going forward, causing economic hardship to each one.

That isn't extremism in any form, it's just economics and concern for everyone in Europe. People like Owen Jones, stating that "immigration isn't the problem, it's the Tory government's fault for not building enough houses" just don't understand the supply and demand rules of economics: when demand is greater than supply the price of a commodity increases and an increasing number of people have to go without that commodity. The solution equally falls between supply and demand not just one side. And if we physically cannot increase supply fast enough we must reduce demand. Further, Jones hasn't thought through the harm it will do to Poland, Bulgaria, Romania...

I do agree that being hateful towards rugby fans is nasty and has similarities with the arrogance and hate of racism. I can understand people here being angry about a franchise taking over what we believed was our ground. Personally I don't blame Wasps (I've already explained why in another thread) but I can understand the antagonism towards the Wasps club. However people projecting that anger onto Wasps fans is IMO hateful and inconsiderate; failing to accept that some people are different to ourselves and failing to respect others' rights.
I don't think many are being hateful to the actual wasps fans are they?

Nick

Administrator
I don't know how many Nick, but I've seen them being called cunts on here more than once.
Just the average Joe rugby fan? That's certainly not on. You can have issue with wasps, and the wasps situation but blaming big Dave from the rugby cub from going to watch isn't really on.

The op doesn't suggest any hatred.

SkyBlue_Bear83

You're not serious?

mrtrench

Just the average Joe rugby fan? That's certainly not on. You can have issue with wasps, and the wasps situation but blaming big Dave from the rugby cub from going to watch isn't really on.

The op doesn't suggest any hatred.

No he doesn't - and I would have been surprised if he had, as Tony isn't like that. But others have. I'm not going to name and shame because that is counter-productive.

SkyblueBazza

Yes, somebody being against franchising and against a team that can be damaging our football club is very much like racism.
Hence I was careful to use the word parallels.
The paranoia, threats, vitriole, snide-ness...the list goes on.
I remember the first black family that moved onto our council estate. They we abused & victimised - my parents were beside themselves when I befriended one of the kids of same age & school as me that subsequently moved in. Some of the stories I heard & how shunned they were.
Now it seems the attitude involved here is similar. Instead of victimising Wasps or their fans, or looking for blame etc - just accept they are here & own the stadium. Let them get on with it! All we the CCFC fanbase can have a real impact upon is the income of CCFC by buying tickets & merchandise, & getting behind the team!

SkyblueBazza

Your last paragraph sums it up nicely

theferret

Think we're getting a bit hysterical. Is there one example of a city fan being 'hateful' to a Wasps supporter outside of online trolling? At least any more hateful than city fans are to each other most of the time? Think I must have missed something, because Coventry seems to have rolled out the red carpet for them - bet they can't believe their luck.

Saying people from Coventry shouldn't watch them is not a hate crime. Let's dispense with the hysterics.

tisza

I don't think many are being hateful to the actual wasps fans are they?
define a wasps fan.
Is it someone whose followed them for years and is travelling up from London?
Or is it someone whose just been popping along to the Ricoh for the last 12 months or so?

theferret

define a wasps fan.
Or is it someone whose just been popping along to the Ricoh for the last 12 months or so?

Not sure what difference it makes. Wasps fans who travel up from London - well that's up to them. There were Wimbledon fans who travelled to MK, and some still do. Don't get it myself, but then since there is no prospect of a Wasps phoenix club (it's Rugby after all, nobody cares that much), then I have no issue with them, I actually feel for them.

For those locals who have adopted them, I have contempt. If they were that desperate to watch Rugby, they could have supported their local club and helped it climb back up the ladder - and it would have had every chance of doing so given its long, proud history. That said, I won't hound, harass or abuse them. Life's too short for that, and I don't think anyone on here has suggested anything of the sort. Venting frustration as the situation is a world away from being 'hateful' to individuals.

italiahorse

define a wasps fan.

A Wasps fan is someone who has an affiliation with them and may, or may not attend matches and regardless where they are in the world.

ccfc92

... please reconsider your decision. A boycott of Wasps games would be a good way of registering your displeasure of their plans for the Higgs centre and the dangerous knock on effects this will have for the academy.

This is a battle we will need to fight on every available front and we can make this a front. I appreciate its a while until the Rugby season starts again and the application could be well down the road it needs to travel by then but I would imagine that if they're season tickets aren't on sale already they will be soon.

Ultimately it's your decision. All I ask is that you consider CCFC and specifically our academy in that decision.

I honestly can't believe CCFC fans will go to watch Wasps, but I'm sure some do :(

I understand, to a degree, Coventrians who have no interest in CCFC, but like Rugby, but then they should go watch Cov Rugby. Likewise, those from outside of Cov, who go to Wasps, that's up to them.

But, CCFC fans need to stay well clear of Wasps IMO.

mrtrench

I honestly can't believe CCFC fans will go to watch Wasps, but I'm sure some do :(

I understand, to a degree, Coventrians who have no interest in CCFC, but like Rugby, but then they should go watch Cov Rugby. Likewise, those from outside of Cov, who go to Wasps, that's up to them.

But, CCFC fans need to stay well clear of Wasps IMO.

OK got it. I was considering either the theatre or the cinema this evening. Which of these is acceptable? Or neither? If I did go could you provide a list please of the shows I should avoid?
Any rules on which newspaper I should read?

Last edited:

TheRoyalScam

I wonder how many Wasp-hating CCFC fans went to see Springsteen yesterday? All that revenue going to 'egg-chasers' with their 'shit concept of sport'....

Users who are viewing this thread