Could the club shop be moving to the Ricoh? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
It would explain why the shop is getting smaller at Gallagher...

It could just be that Wasps have sense and aren't going to have loads of dead space like the CCFC Store and use the other space for something else and have a fuller looking club shop...

letsallsingtogether

TBF they could share the same shop both have a limited amount of stuff to sell.
I hear that the lease on the City shop is due in march so who knows.

Wasps don't have any need for a shop that big so decided to shut off a section of the room. I've been in the shop and with the stock they have, it would look a little empty if they used the whole thing. Its eerie being in there after so long

Kingokings204

No reason why not. Is this one of the things they say ccfc and wasps could benefit from? Full looking shop attracting more traffic hence more sales on both sides.

For example a ccfc fan walks in and might take a look and buy some wasps stuff and vice versa.

Seems to make sense for me.

wingy

Don't they have an arrangement /range with an upmarket Tailoring/Country wear outfit ? Maybe for the other half.

stupot07

Would be a nice little earner for wasps, rent us some more space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
Don't they have an arrangement /range with an upmarket Tailoring/Country wear outfit ? Maybe for the other half.

Forget the nike air max in Wood End, get yourself a Tweed Suit and some Hunter Wellies old boy! :)

Nick

Administrator
I would prefer us to be there, we should then go out and sell like shit to the people on Wasps Matchdays ;) Upsell the hell out of it.

Well, thats what people with sense should be doing anyway to take advantage of the footfall.

skyblusam

I heard that the unit which houses the shop has been offered to poundstretcher who want to extend there store and will be ready for let in feb/march

withnail

I got a very nice mug for Christmas from the little table top shop at the ground.
It leaks.
I've never experienced a leaking mug before.

skybluetony176

I got a very nice mug for Christmas from the little table top shop at the ground.
It leaks.
I've never experienced a leaking mug before.

Your sky blue mug might be leaking but the sky blue defense has tightened up. You can't have everything in life :)

italiahorse

Would be a nice little earner for wasps, rent us some more space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Cheaper than the unit they have at the moment and definitely a better turnover.
Got to start pulling the club round and stop the negativity.

stupot07

Cheaper than the unit they have at the moment and definitely a better turnover.
Got to start pulling the club round and stop the negativity.

How do you know it will be cheaper?

The gallagher is fine, they just need a market stall type place at the Ricoh on matchday's. If anything Tesco's would be a better place for it. But that will cost a bomb.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Even if it isn't it would surely see an upsurge in business especially on match days so is possibly the prudent thing to do anyway.

stupot07

Even if it isn't it would surely see an upsurge in business especially on match days so is possibly the prudent thing to do anyway.

Answered that above. Just need a market stall type place. There's virtually no footfall on non matchday's.

skybluetony176

Answered that above. Just need a market stall type place. There's virtually no footfall on non matchday's.

So they ballsed up opening the shop in Gallagher in the first place then?

italiahorse

The gallagher is fine, they just need a market stall type place at the Ricoh on matchday's. If anything Tesco's would be a better place for it. But that will cost a bomb.

I assume its cheaper because theres less retail spce.
Tescos would be better. In the vacant phone shop if its still going spare.
Even in Decathlon, they could make space.

skybluetony176

Didn't say that, I meant at the Ricoh on matchdays - a market stall type place.

But if they had a shop at the Ricoh they wouldn't need a shop at Gallagher full time and a stall at the Ricoh on match days and the cost and time of setting it up as everything would already be there. Surely much more sensible.

letsallsingtogether

Didn't say that, I meant at the Ricoh on matchdays - a market stall type place.

Oh you mean like the wheelbarrow we had in Tesco's before.
FFS are we not already the laughing stock of the league and some want us to sell out of a fuckin gipsy wagon.

stupot07

FFS are we not already the laughing stock of the league and some want us to sell out of a fuckin gipsy wagon.

no nothing like that. and we're not the laughing stock of the league, no one gives a flying f*** about us

hill83

It should be moved. There is no excuse having it in that absolute shit hole it's in now.

chiefdave

If you go to see any sporting event in the US they have mobile merchandise stores all round the ground to make sure they aren't missing any potential customer. It's not a bad idea. The shop was always busy but how many people couldn't be bother to walk round to it or didn't go in as it was busy? Ideally we'd have both but we can cope without a shop if appropriate alternatives are available on matchday.

letsallsingtogether

It should be moved. There is no excuse having it in that absolute shit hole it's in now.
Trouble is we need things to sell any shop will look shit when it only has a hand full of things on display.
I used to spend loads in there before.
if I was buying a ticket I would look around the shop normally I would buy something now there is just nothing there worth spending money on.

letsallsingtogether

If you go to see any sporting event in the US they have mobile merchandise stores all round the ground to make sure they aren't missing any potential customer. It's not a bad idea. The shop was always busy but how many people couldn't be bother to walk round to it or didn't go in as it was busy? Ideally we'd have both but we can cope without a shop if appropriate alternatives are available on matchday.

That's a different kettle of fish see no problem with those in the concorces.
Trouble is you have to employ people to run them.
The wasps used the jaguar hall as there family center on the first game it had the funfair in there.
City were offered it for free the same week only had to man it they refused, another opportunity thrown away without a thought.

hill83

Trouble is we need things to sell any shop will look shit when it only has a hand full of things on display.
I used to spend loads in there before.
if I was buying a ticket I would look around the shop normally I would buy something now there is just nothing there worth spending money on.

I agree. But I meant the actual area it's in. Absolutely no reason to go anywhere near it. It should be in town or the ground.

letsallsingtogether

I agree. But I meant the actual area it's in. Absolutely no reason to go anywhere near it. It should be in town or the ground.

The old shop in the town still has the old sign up keep meaning to go there in my hi viz and take it down for a keep sake.:)

The Philosopher

In the US they do. I'm still stunned that JS has left the running of the club to RR then KD, Onye and now TF/ SW.

I really expected some Yank to come in at the behest of JS and take the Bull by the Horns so to speak.

I'm not necessarily advocating such, just surprised it's not happened.

italiahorse

In the US they do. I'm still stunned that JS has left the running of the club to RR then KD, Onye and now TF/ SW.

I really expected some Yank to come in at the behest of JS and take the Bull by the Horns so to speak.

I'm not necessarily advocating such, just surprised it's not happened.

I see lots of opportunities we are missing.
Advertising should increase on the back of Wasps as it is now seen twice. However talk of new stadium and moving to Northampton has made businesses think twice.
The club shop is a disaster as we know.
I'd like to know what incomes we get from the Ricoh so I know where to spend my money.
Simple things that I noticed today to encourage the family experience. That little 6 year old girl mentioned on the PA as she ran out and put the matchball on the spot. Ahhh .... Simple.

Wasps/Rugby must be making a fortune on bar and food as it serves all match. All helped by drinking in your seats of course.

Users who are viewing this thread