Could Pressley? (1 Viewer)

mds

Given the funds do it at any level, here n Falkirk he has had nothing to work with, if money was no object would he be a failure?
You know some players are out of reach for all but the very very top clubs, but above average clubs do do well with a good budget, say a half decent top flight club gave him 100-150m to build a successful team could he/do you think he could do it?
Personally i think he has the fundamentals right, the basics from ground up seem to be spot on, with 5-10m on each position plus five or six strong back up and a strong youth system.
Me, i think he could?

With all the doubters on here?
What do you think?

There needs to be a drunk toggle so you can hit it and all your drunken posts are hidden from you for 7 days, this is another post i dont want to re visit.

ccfc1234

I think not, his buying of players on free transfers and the ones he has had on trial and gone on to deem good enough, have by in large been poor and in some cases atrocious signings. Here are last seasons players he signed to improve the team:

Mathieu Manset
Stuart Urquhart
Denzel Slager
Danny Seaborne
Blair Adams

To break up the long list and to highlight the other deluded person involved in our transfers, waggot's also been instrumental in the signing of:

William edjungeue (aka the edge)
Steve Jennings
Stephen Elliott
Danny philiskirk
Kevin Malaga

How bad were they and where are these players now?
In conclusion would you trust these two with money to sign anyone of substance?
Sadly SISU are compounding their thriftiness by allowing two completely inept talent spotters to identify players for us to sign.

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

I think not, his buying of players on free transfers and the ones he has had on trial and gone on to deem good enough, have by in large been poor and in some cases atrocious signings. Here are last seasons players he signed to improve the team:

Mathieu Manset
Stuart Urquhart
Denzel Slager
Danny Seaborne
Blair Adams

To break up the long list and to highlight the other deluded person involved in our transfers, waggot's also been instrumental in the signing of:

William edjungeue (aka the edge)
Steve Jennings
Stephen Elliott
Danny philiskirk
Kevin Malaga

How bad were they and where are these players now?
In conclusion would you trust these two with money to sign anyone of substance?
Sadly SISU are compounding their thriftiness by allowing two completely inept talent spotters to identify players for us to sign.

Pressley didn't bring in Blair Adams.. That was Mark Robins.

Hobo

One scout has been at the club.
Look at the list attributed to Waggott and it is not dissimilar to Pressleys. They are woeful.

I think Pressley might be suffering bad advice on players.

Either way, we need to improve this situation. One thing about the duff signings is Pressley has moved them on quickly, which suggests his own eye isn't all bad.

As for Urquhart, he was clearly bought as a long term prospect so would not write him off after 12 months....but needs to push on this year. One player in the list Pressley might have had pre knowledge of.

I think this summers signings are the ones we can start to judge Pressley on.

Don't under estimate the roll of a good scouting system at any club, many managers have built bullshit reputations on the back of them.

mrtrench

On the other hand, Thorn and especially Robins laid the foundations of the success that Pressley enjoyed at the start of last season with the players they bought in.

Hobo

On the other hand, Thorn and especially Robins laid the foundations of the success that Pressley enjoyed at the start of last season with the players they bought in.

Every manager inherits players. Every manager looses players and I am sure Pressley would have loved to have kept some of the departed. I am sure he would not have wanted his budget cut. But we are were we are. One game into a new season with a new team.

So it is too early to judge is it not?

Users who are viewing this thread