Could Ashley already have a deal? (1 Viewer)

Is it possible that there’s a deal in place with Ashley to take over if we make the prem?
King is in it short term and set to make a load of cash if we get promoted and sells with a great deal to Ashley?

this could be why there’s no stadium deal already.

SkyBlueScottie

I would have thought it made more sense to buy us while we were in the championship with loads of debt. Rather than pitentially being a Premiership club... However its not beyond the reqlms of possibility. Otherwise, why buy the stadium?

Saddlebrains

It’s a forum, a place for discussion. Not pushing anything, just asking a question. But thanks for taking the time to reply.

Hence the reply..

Not a dig at you just sick of seeing it, theres 3 or 4 on Twitter that still ask most days 'what if Ashley XYZ??'

Boring, hes an astute businessman if he wanted us he would have got us in November when SISU wanted rid on the quick and marry both club and stadium together

He wouldn't dick about and pick up a premier league team for 60 odd million more than he could have got us a few months back

hill83

It’s happening from what I’ve heard, couple of people on here have heard it from the same person as me.

I’ve no idea if it’s true or not though.

Last edited:

Terry_dactyl

Hence the reply..

Not a dig at you just sick of seeing it, theres 3 or 4 on Twitter that still ask most days 'what if Ashley XYZ??'

Boring, hes an astute businessman if he wanted us he would have got us in November when SISU wanted rid on the quick and marry both club and stadium together

He wouldn't dick about and pick up a premier league team for 60 odd million more than he could have got us a few months back

I don’t understand why people are so adamant that it’s not happening?

A man who owned a football club, and recently tried to buy another football club, has even more recently (and unprecedentedly in his business portfolio), bought the stadium our football club plays in.

I’m not saying he’s definitely going to buy us but I completely understand why we would talk about the potential.

Evo1883

Mike ashley also owns the parent organisation of frasers , mash holdings

To suggest hes not on the scene anymore is entirely false

rob9872

Imagine being SISU if we go up:

Had years of stress and having to put money in and a few weeks later we hit the jackpot.

Wounded.
I'd be amazed if being so close there is no clause that gives them extra cash if we go up within a fixed period.

Grendel

Mike ashley also owns the parent organisation of frasers , mash holdings

To suggest hes not on the scene anymore is entirely false

Well if that logic applied Seppalla was never on the board of ccfc - I suspect she had a say in a few things

rhino1002

Surely the reason nothing has been announced yet about the stadium (and therefore season ticket prices) is that ST Prices are probably and almost certainly going to be higher if we do get promoted. Why would the club announce a deal and lower season ticket prices and we then get promoted I would suggest the delay in announcing any stadium deal is to do with the ST Prices depending on which division we are in

clint van damme

Surely the reason nothing has been announced yet about the stadium (and therefore season ticket prices) is that ST Prices are probably and almost certainly going to be higher if we do get promoted. Why would the club announce a deal and lower season ticket prices and we then get promoted I would suggest the delay in announcing any stadium deal is to do with the ST Prices depending on which division we are in

It's going to be a very late early bird

Sky Blue Pete

Is it possible that there’s a deal in place with Ashley to take over if we make the prem?
King is in it short term and set to make a load of cash if we get promoted and sells with a great deal to Ashley?

this could be why there’s no stadium deal already.
Evidence based rather than opinion based
There is absolutely no evidence to suggest Fraser group have any interest in the football club at all
Could be of course but no evidence

thekidfromstrettoncamp

If you play in the Premier League the season don't go up that much as you get 18 matches and 23 in the championship so ticket prices don't alter much, just less bang for your buck as they say.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

That's probably the reason but ST receipts are nothing compared to the PL TV money. Plus you get fewer games in PL. But they know there's going to be a demand if we did and will want to make the most money from it.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Don't like Mike Ashley. Never have. I can't get excited about any deal, particularly one that makes him sound almost like some kind of saviour. I trust him as much as SISU.

Sbarcher

If Ashley/Frasers had no interest in CCFC it would be easy just to make a statement to that effect. I have a feeling there is a deal in the background somewhere, but just my guess.

JulianDarbyFTW

Not sure if it's been announced, but I'm reliably informed that Frasers committed to relaying the pitch in the summer a while back - unlikely that would happen if a ground deal was not as good as done, and if Ashley was looking to take over then I doubt this commitment to King & Co would have been needed.

skybluetony176

I have a mate who lives in the vicinity of Ansty who was always convinced that Sports Direct moving its HQ to Ansty was a done deal as soon as the consultations started in the area. He got friendly through that process with a local parish councillor who apparently told him that it was all done and dusted last week apart from the announcement, the new HQ that is not Ashley taking over CCFC. The point I’m making is that Ashley does have a history of investing in other projects in an area where he’s making a large investment. IIRC he’s moving the HQ from Newcastle to Ansty so it does kind of tie in. I have no insider information about whether he has an interest in the club or not but it is an easy assumption to come to given his history in Newcastle before you even factor in that Fraser Group owns the CBS. I don’t think it’s relevant that he no longer sits on the board of Fraser Group, as someone else pointed out he owns that through his investment company MASH, I think he also owned NUFC through MASH and not sports direct or what is now Fraser Group.

At the end of the day we won’t get a say in who owns the club so it’s kind of irrelevant either way. My big concern with Ashley as owner is that for someone who threw a shit load of money at it he didn’t achieve much for his money. They brought a whole lot of average Premier League players for better than average fees and no doubt better than average wages. I always suspected he might have had too much involvement in the day to day and wondered how much saying the managers had in the signings and how much was Ashley playing football manager or at least director of football without any great knowledge of the game. Which would worry me if he did own us as we have a formula that’s working and an over involved owner with an overinflated opinion of what he can bring to the club in terms of football expertise. If he came, put his faith in the manager and staff, stayed in the background signing cheques it could work, but it was clear that he liked being front and centre at Newcastle, never went as far as putting on a tracksuit and sitting on the bench but putting on a shirt and sitting in with the punters was a strange dynamic too for an owner at that level.

The Philosopher

Having MA as an owner would mean that other clubs think we are loaded and transfer fees go up.

The confidence that King displayed by buying SISU out without a stadium deal (and it is a big risk) did previously make me suspect that he might be a “front” (in which case not a bad plan).

Bottom line: f*** knows, but I’d rather MA than SISU or some of the other lunatics in charge of football clubs.

Users who are viewing this thread