Could a change of manager save our season? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Just playing Devil's advocate here and not saying I want to see TM sacked, but just wondering if we brought someone in now would we have a better chance of a top 6 place?

We are on a downward spiral and it is now just 3 wins in 15 games.

New manager syndrome? Is that a possible option?

Just putting it out there.

Kingokings204

Hmmm desperate times call for desperate measures. If you kee losing football matches then I don't care who you are.

Long term answer is no we keep TM as we know he is quality. He is having a bad patch with an average group of players. We are 6th somehow. Long term tony is the answer.

Evo1883

Last 18 league games is 6-6-6 ,
We were the ones who got over excited and demanded promotion , when realistically we should have demanded progress , which up to now is most definitely what we have got .
I fear we might not make the playoffs now , but Mowbray should have the full 2 years

Otis

Last 18 league games is 6-6-6 ,
We were the ones who got over excited and demanded promotion , when realistically we should have demanded progress , which up to now is most definitely what we have got .
I fear we might not make the playoffs now , but Mowbray should have the full 2 years
That's not the question though.

I am asking if the new manager syndrome could save our season and help us make the play-offs.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's an interesting point to raise. Whilst I don't agree he should be sacked, this run of form is appalling.

A new manager, if he could kick the players into making a sufficient effort would make a difference for sure. The players waiting in the wings need to be given a chance. I'm not sure giving them this holiday before the Fleetwood game was a good idea either. They did look like they were hungover on Saturday!

Otis

It's an interesting point to raise. Whilst I don't agree he should be sacked, this run of form is appalling.

A new manager, if he could kick the players into making a sufficient effort would make a difference for sure. The players waiting in the wings need to be given a chance. I'm not sure giving them this holiday before the Fleetwood game was a good idea either. They did look like they were hungover on Saturday!
Yep, agree. That's always a fear when you give players time off like that.

ccfc92

I don't believe it's the manager that's the issue.

Too many over inflated egos (Maddison and possibly AA and Murphy)

Plus, there must have been something happen behind the scenes?

Also, anyone noticed how every time Norwich concede now, on CWR it's: "Bad news for Maddison" etc.

ccfcway

well, its been 12 months now

Annually sacking managers and 2nd half of the season slumps are what we do

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Peter Reid was good. :facepalm:

Nick

Administrator
I am not sure, we have a decent squad, we have good players so it isn't an investment or wage issue.

I think a few players need to be given a bit of a speaking to, they all need some passion.

pusbccfc

I think so. This squad on paper is well above the way we are playing.

Evo1883

So from this I'm guessing some fans are starting to want Mowbray out , or am I reading this wrong ??

ccfcway

not advocating sacking him, but something is up.

Remember early in the season when "this team doesn't know when they are beat"

We have gone from that to being beaten before we even got to the stadium tonight

Samo

Just playing Devil's advocate here and not saying I want to see TM sacked, but just wondering if we brought someone in now would we have a better chance of a top 6 place?

We are on a downward spiral and it is now just 3 wins in 15 games.

New manager syndrome? Is that a possible option?

Just putting it out there.

Possibly. But I'd rather not find out. I thought TM was a good manager a few months ago and I still do. Clearly the wheels have come off but I'm happy to let him work it out rather than panic and switch to the next catastrophe.

Gazolba

I see our problems as 50% managerial and 50% player ineptitude. so a manager change would only affect half the problem. On balance, I'd say give TM till the end of the season. He does bring the credibility we need to attract players like Kent, Murphy, Armstrong, Stephens, Cargill and Cole. Without him, we might have to make do with the type of players SP used to scrape up, the McQuoids and Ecclestones.

Grendel

I don't believe it's the manager that's the issue.

Too many over inflated egos (Maddison and possibly AA and Murphy)

Plus, there must have been something happen behind the scenes?

Also, anyone noticed how every time Norwich concede now, on CWR it's: "Bad news for Maddison" etc.

Why must something be going on behind the scenes?

Evo1883

Just think we over achieved early doors and mistakes throughout the team have cost us ALOT of points.
i doubt we can pull in a combination of Mowbray Venus and Clapham again any time soon

Alan Dugdales Moustache

..probably because it appears ALL the players are off form in a catastrophic way, not just one or two. Speculation of course but understandable

Nick

Administrator
I think JOB suddenly being shipped out could be something to do with it. It was all a bit sudden.

Especially with what TM said about him at that evening.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think JOB suddenly being shipped out could be something to do with it. It was all a bit sudden.

Especially with what TM said about him at that evening.

Agree Nick.

He would (should) have been one of the first names on the team sheet at Christmas time. To be frozen out and loaned (own decision or not) is extremely strange.

I still think it comes down to Mowbray and favourites. Hence the reason for the team selections and certain players.

shrewcov

Plus I went to watch Shrewsbury v Rochdale tonight and really not much to worry about Rochdale,poor side tonight very slow at the back and midfield seemed non existent. As for Shrewsbury on Tuesday will be difficult but if we can have good start against them should go on to get a result

ccfc92

Plus I went to watch Shrewsbury v Rochdale tonight and really not much to worry about Rochdale,poor side tonight very slow at the back and midfield seemed non existent. As for Shrewsbury on Tuesday will be difficult but if we can have good start against them should go on to get a result

That's another 2 losses then :(

Johnnythespider

If it was a relegation scrap maybe but we are 6th, we should try and remember that. I think Mowbray has done enough to have another crack next year if we miss out. Remember the clusterf**k of a club he took over and the quality of players we now attract.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
It is all well and good saying we are 6th, but we won't be for long if the form continues. The teams above us are pulling away, the teams below us are gaining on us.

Super Graham Withey

If it was a relegation scrap maybe but we are 6th, we should try and remember that. I think Mowbray has done enough to have another crack next year if we miss out. Remember the clusterf**k of a club he took over and the quality of players we now attract.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The quality of players Mowbray attracts.

Irish Sky Blue

Anderson said at the meeting last week that sacking managers is both statistically and financially stupid. Hopefully that means no more knee jerk reactions and that at long last a manager might be given a bit of time to succeed. Mowbray has had us in the top 6 of the league all season. He saved us from relegation last season. It seems that some would show him the door in the vague hope that the next one in is going to do do better. With regard to the team I do think that we are missing O'Brien. Three more games to go before he can be recalled?

capel & collindridge

Fleetwood's manager seems a bit of gem - he's won his last two games against top of the table sides and only lost 3 times in his last 15 league games. Why do we never get a manager like that?

Users who are viewing this thread