Cost of watching the team (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
There is a calculator been released on the BBC website "Price of Football"

I figure that if I were to go to Sixfields for the season (and I will not) it would cost me £818 if I bought a ticket on the day Same fixtures at the Ricoh £681

by season ticket Total at sixfields £656 (ST 207)at the Ricoh £564 (ST 297)

I put £2 parking for Sixfields and £5 for Ricoh in to the travel costs

Everyone will be different of course

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23723537

skyblueprincess

Just sit on the hill side ..seem to be the best seats in the house ~giggles~

RoboCCFC90

For last season my costs came over £1000 but to follow City at Northampton would almost be double that.

Astute

Each game rarely costs me less than £200 so I prefer not to think about it :D

Ashdown1

That's crazy ! I hope you have a company somewhere that can help you out with those petrol costs !
We think as a family we spent £800 last year direct with the club and a further £1200 on match related expenses inc. travel, Meals, drinks, parking etc. This season so far We've spent nothing ! That doesn't just impact on SISU/CCFC but all the venues around CV6 that we used as well.

RFC

I'm fed up with 'posters' continually knocking the Club and it's owners, some people need to look a little bit deeper into what's gone on IMHO! There are at least four other parties 'actively' involved who've helped to bring about the current situation and our overall plight.

They are Coventry City Council, ACL, The Alan Higgs Trust & to a lesser extent Compass.

A lot of supporters don't appear to have realised that a lot of fans who attended games at the Ricoh don't live in Coventry and have to travel anyway, my mileage to the Ricoh was 35 and to Sixfields is 64 and the journey time is only slightly longer!

The tickets are considerably cheaper so I've bought a second season ticket for the first time and it's been used for every game so far, the atmosphere is much, much better than the Ricoh with no "negativity" from all the moaners and groaners.

The football has been breath-taking at times and the entertainment value superb IMHO. Long may it continue and congratulations to Steven Pressley his Staff & our exciting and youthful squad. PUSB & bring on Gillingham!

Ps. A Very Happy Birthday to a 'true' Sky Blue Legend,
Oggy, have a good one!

ccfcway

I'm fed up with 'posters' continually knocking the Club and it's owners, some people need to look a little bit deeper into what's gone on IMHO! There are at least four other parties 'actively' involved who've helped to bring about the current situation and our overall plight.

They are Coventry City Council, ACL, The Alan Higgs Trust & to a lesser extent Compass.

All of whom are based in COVENTRY, yet our Football club isnt !

Monners

A lot of supporters don't appear to have realised that a lot of fans who attended games at the Ricoh don't live in Coventry and have to travel anyway, my mileage to the Ricoh was 35 and to Sixfields is 64 and the journey time is only slightly longer!

The tickets are considerably cheaper so I've bought a second season ticket for the first time and it's been used for every game so far, the atmosphere is much, much better than the Ricoh with no "negativity" from all the moaners and groaners.

The football has been breath-taking at times and the entertainment value superb IMHO. Long may it continue and congratulations to Steven Pressley his Staff & our exciting and youthful squad. PUSB & bring on Gillingham!

Oggy, have a good one!

Mot really sure that there was any need to taunt those who have made a decision not to go to Sixfields. You don't know me, but for info, the moaners and graoners irritate me also. When I watch Cov, I go to support the team. Please drop the holier than thou attitude - we are both fans of the club in equal measure. I take it personally and find it insulting. No doubt you'll find my response amusing and come with with some witisism.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
First off I dont see much evidence of knocking the owners or the club in this thread so far. Just people pointing out the personal financial costs involved which strangely was my point in raising the article i read on BBC website. Yes I compared the cost of Sixfield and Ricoh - but the decision whether to carry that cost or not is personal to each fan and as far as I am concerned I respect each choice whether i agree or not

secondly everyone knows there are more factors than SISU involved in this. However the responsibility for decisions that the owners of any football club take lies with the owners. Thats just a fact of business life. The rest may be reasons and influences on the range of decisions that can be made but they do not actually make the decision.

Interesting isnt that playing some of the best football in seasons coincides with having our lowest wage bill and lowest income in decades :thinking about:

and yes Happy Birthday Oggy

Last edited:

italiahorse

Oggy, have a good one!

Can't do it I'm afraid.
I used to walk up with my eldest Grandson.
But its not just the cost and inconvenience it's the principle of the thing.
It's only SISU that want us in Northampton. It's not even cost effective for them.
As for the long term future I dread to think.

My Grandson had found something else to do with his dad.:(

AndreasB

So you pay NO travel costs to go to the Ricoh then and NO parking cost? Food is cheaper at sixfields and so is parking. Cheapest sixfields ST was less than £200 - add in the £150 for parking and petrol and its still £350 - absolute bargain whether you are happy with going or not.

ccfcmustang

we are still the cheapest in the division regardless what anyone says. highest goals/game ratio in the country and the cheapest tickets in the league. PUSB

Nick

Administrator
Also if the tickets are a lot cheaper and coach is £7 you could get the game and travel for the price of a ticket at the Ricoh if you wanted to. I have heard the food is cheaper too there.

It is just the added hassle / time of the travel / waiting for coaches.

The Reverend Skyblue

Oggy, have a good one!

1500 Cov fans and the atmosphere is better, I think your telling porkie pies chap

Grendel

Oggy, have a good one!

Its inevitable the move would reduce the fanbase. It's absurd to say or wouldn't.

In wouldn't cost me any more money but it would cost time and convenience. I am not prepared to waste an hour there and an hour back.

It's pretty easy to google Oggy and see its his birthday to try and give credibility to your posts.

I think you try a bit too hard.

Ashdown1

Oggy, have a good one!

A very poor troll !!

Astute

The tickets are considerably cheaper so I've bought a second season ticket for the first time and it's been used for every game so far

What a shock. You have to pay to get someone to go with you.

Astute

That's crazy ! I hope you have a company somewhere that can help you out with those petrol costs !

I don't mind too much. I normally make a weekend of it with family and friends. ....and the wife don't know how much it costs me :D

Users who are viewing this thread