Corporate Season tickets/Executive boxes (1 Viewer)

Ricketts

Have they fixed the tv's in there because at the end of last season they were pretty much impossible to watch. Good choice of beers though.
Oh, they are still appalling, and also the Wi-Fi drops out every five minutes. The bar staff need training so that they know half-time is coming and they need to be geared up for serving drinks, not cleaning glasses and stacking shelves. Waiting 15 minutes for a drink is a bit pointless.

chiefdave

In the interest of balance and fairness

I caved in to getting ‘The Mill’ membership for the season and was majorly impressed and looks a snip at the price paid so hats off
Considered the Mill membership but from what I could see its basically paying over £250 to be able to order a drink at half time.

That part of the ground desperately needs a F&B outlet now they've closed off access to the Mill. Got in around 45 minutes before ko yesterday and the queues at the only outlet in that stand were already ridiculous. Like many others I didn't bother waiting and didn't even attempt it at half time. They're just throwing revenue away if they make it difficult for people to spend money.

PVA

Pretty much

Found it a lot more laid back and less formal than normal hospitality, was a big fan and glad I did it

Cheers. Will give it a go next time I take my old man then as he prefers hospitality these days. Spoilt old git 🤣

Last edited:

chiefdave

I’d rather we price too high and have to come down than the other way from a business perspective TBH.
I'm never going to be purchasing a box so might have this wrong but from what I can gather the increase was only to put us in line with what other Championship clubs charge.

Understand it being annoying for people who were previously getting a box at a lower price but also find it a bit disappointing that with the club performing on the pitch and spending way more on players than we have in years we don't have any local firms, or even rich supporters, who are happy to pay the going rate. Sure the prices will be adjusted next year, and probably some offers for individual matches but as has been mentioned you can't drop the price so a box is lower than other hospitality packages that have sold

Saddlebrains

I'm never going to be purchasing a box so might have this wrong but from what I can gather the increase was only to put us in line with what other Championship clubs charge.

Understand it being annoying for people who were previously getting a box at a lower price but also find it a bit disappointing that with the club performing on the pitch and spending way more on players than we have in years we don't have any local firms, or even rich supporters, who are happy to pay the going rate. Sure the prices will be adjusted next year, and probably some offers for individual matches but as has been mentioned you can't drop the price so a box is lower than other hospitality packages that have sold

It is more in line you're right, but the service and facilities in return for the money you pay is poor

Apparently Frasers are going to modernise the hotel rooms/boxes so we'll see but i thought that wouldnt be under their remit, would be the hotel chain no?

chiefdave

Apparently Frasers are going to modernise the hotel rooms/boxes so we'll see but i thought that wouldnt be under their remit, would be the hotel chain no?
Pretty sure the hotel is franchised so its actually the arena operating it just using whatever brand name its currently under

That was definitely how it used to be but not sure if anything has changed with Frasers taking over

Saddlebrains

I was told Frasers are basically gutting the place

The ovens, fridges, meeting rooms, staff rooms, carpets all that jazz havent been replaced in the 18 years we've been there.

I know we know it but Wasps really did let the place fall to shit

Quite a few serious health and safety issues were discovered aswell

chiefdave

The ovens, fridges, meeting rooms, staff rooms, carpets all that jazz havent been replaced in the 18 years we've been there.

The hotel was / is in such a shit state they were threatened with removal of the franchise. Think some work was done at that point but only to bring it up to the bare minimum to allow it to continue operating.

Know from someone who works there that the catering setup was in such a bad state it was pretty much unusable and it wasn't uncommon for stuff to be prepared offsite or using mobile catering units.

Not sure how the place stayed open tbh, when the list of remedial works needed was published there was stuff on there like the CCTV and fire alarms not working.

Saddlebrains

The hotel was / is in such a shit state they were threatened with removal of the franchise. Think some work was done at that point but only to bring it up to the bare minimum to allow it to continue operating.

Know from someone who works there that the catering setup was in such a bad state it was pretty much unusable and it wasn't uncommon for stuff to be prepared offsite or using mobile catering units.

Not sure how the place stayed open tbh, when the list of remedial works needed was published there was stuff on there like the CCTV and fire alarms not working.

I genuinely think blind eyes were turned with nudges from the council as to help keep their vanity project from London afloat....

alexccfc99

I hope they strip Delaware North of the catering contract asap mind

pusbccfc

Remember that spreadsheet of all the issues? Wonder how far down the line Fraser's have got with that.

clint van damme

Have they fixed the tv's in there because at the end of last season they were pretty much impossible to watch. Good choice of beers though.

Perhaps the 2nd part of your statement goes some way to explaining the first bit?!

PVA

Pretty much

Found it a lot more laid back and less formal than normal hospitality, was a big fan and glad I did it

Just going back to this post...

Would you say The Mill is OK for an older gentleman? I think he'd probably like a sit down and a cup of tea at half time! And wondering if the Legends Lounge might be better for him

alexccfc99

Just going back to this post...

Would you say The Mill is OK for an older gentleman? I think he'd probably like a sit down and a cup of tea at half time! And wondering if the Legends Lounge might be better for him
I don’t think the legends lounge is a thing anymore tbh - could be wrong

But don’t see why you couldn’t take him in The Mill

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Or Club Coventry.

Grendel

the Mill is corporate only now

pusbccfc

I feel like it is less likely to be on Sky than it would be if we were in the top half now (granted we could be by the actual game)

I think it's a banker for Sky personally. Sky love Leicester and it's considered a derby match in their eyes. Cardiff v Leeds will probably be on telly that weekend too.

Ashdown

They’ll sell all they can at the City then announce it’s a 12.00 pm on the Sunday on Police advice …..it’s all bollocks !

Users who are viewing this thread