Coronation (3 Viewers)

fatso

Not interested, but hey I’m not interested in floats of fat blokes in bondage gear at Pride either. So I don’t watch and adopt the each to their own mentality. Let people get happiness out of what they want, the world is a miserable fucking place at the best of times
Is it only fat blokes that don't turn you on? 😥

clint van damme

The thing is, 40+ years ago, at a major event similar to todays, we wouldn’t have known what was happening to any protesters unless the press wanted us to know, or it was your mate down the pub who got arrested. (and he’d have had the shit beaten out of him as well)

the heightened security for an event like this means different rules I suspect. I doubt any of your marches corresponded with a major event like this.

That's true enough. Though we've seen less high profile peaceful protests having people lifted for seemingly nothing, though as you say, they're still getting media coverage they wouldn't of back in the day.
I still believe strongly that peaceful protest is a fundamental right in a functioning democracy.

olderskyblue

That's true enough. Though we've seen less high profile peaceful protests having people lifted for seemingly nothing, though as you say, they're still getting media coverage they wouldn't of back in the day.
I still believe strongly that peaceful protest is a fundamental right in a functioning democracy.
Agree with this, although my conviction Is tested when people start gluing themselves to things…or chucking statues into the briny etc

Brighton Sky Blue

It could constitute a breach of the peace, or even instigate trouble, either way it ain't going to be allowed, not there, not today.

If your unhappy about it, you could always put in an official complaint to the met 😝

Pathetic.

SBT

They can all hear each other chant together in the cells then. And they'll all be warm and dry!
As comebacks go, that’s up there with your classic “NASA can’t be trusted since they faked the moon landings” routine.

rob9872

I know some people are anti monarchy and I appreciate they have a right to protest, but really what harm does a king do them? Yes they're privileged but so are lots of people. It costs a few quid and some are against that but probably paid more to go out of their way and be a nuisance. I don't like Eastenders or towie or lots of other trash, but I turn over, not sure why they can't do the same. Their choice but really strange unnecessary behaviour imo.

Marty

Not something I'm interested but I thought I'd stick it on as I'll probably only see 2 in my lifetime, was bored as fuck after 10 minutes and switched it off.

stay_up_skyblues

Not something I'm interested but I thought I'd stick it on as I'll probably only see 2 in my lifetime, was bored as fuck after 10 minutes and switched it off.
Jimmy Fallon Comedy GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

fatso

Exactly, it’s a flipping democracy. I’m talking about the people who want to tell everyone they aren’t interested. Good nor am I so let the people who are enjoy it
Exactly, maybe only those that enjoy such pomp and ceremony should have the extra bank holiday 😉

clint van damme

Just had to pay a flying visit to Strarford, thought it would be a hotbed of this sort of thing but it was really quiet, could be the weather, which is incredibly shit.

olderskyblue

I'd go along with this - same interest level.
A bit like when I occasionally watch women's football.
I don’t think Camilla’s going to take her top off at the end…

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I know some people are anti monarchy and I appreciate they have a right to protest, but really what harm does a king do them? Yes they're privileged but so are lots of people. It costs a few quid and some are against that but probably paid more to go out of their way and be a nuisance. I don't like Eastenders or towie or lots of other trash, but I turn over, not sure why they can't do the same. Their choice but really strange unnecessary behaviour imo.
The monarchy is an antiquated system where by people have decided that god has anointed them as a higher power.

over 1000 years they’ve been responsible for countless wars, killing millions of “serfs” and “peasants” in their name, even as close as World War 1 where it was effectively 3 cousins having an argument in the background.

we now have people in poverty whilst we have to have these people swan about in gold carriages and be told - we should be proud. That’s what people protest about.

Users who are viewing this thread