Coronation (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Is for me. I'm fascinated by heritage and tradition, how it continues, how it's manufactured, how it embeds into society, how people react to it...

It’s the same general display as all the other times. Just with the added extra of dissenters getting arrested.

TomRad85

Just got the boy to nap, so off goes Peppa Pig and on goes the coronation. Not overly interested but am glad I've made it just in time to see the crown get popped on before I clean the bathroom.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I'd abolish the monarchy. It's a ridiculous institution and it's obscene that they have so much wealth. There are many homeless people in the area where all this is taking place.

I actually prefer him to his late mother, who received an undeserved positive press in my view. At least he does seem to be fairly enlightened on the environment. She was prepared to spend our money to keep Andrew out of the Courts. He does have some crazy views especially on alternative medicine and he sees nothing wrong with having so much privilege.

Shocking that people can't protest peacefully against this.
There are so many homeless in every country without the monarchy, it’s naive to think this is solved through removing them, not sure any country exists without the same problem, all of us have a part to play in that problem and addressing it but our politicians should be held to account on this as they do have power to change it.

greys4life

I'd abolish the monarchy. It's a ridiculous institution and it's obscene that they have so much wealth. There are many homeless people in the area where all this is taking place.

I actually prefer him to his late mother, who received an undeserved positive press in my view. At least he does seem to be fairly enlightened on the environment. She was prepared to spend our money to keep Andrew out of the Courts. He does have some crazy views especially on alternative medicine and he sees nothing wrong with having so much privilege.

Shocking that people can't protest peacefully against this.
At least then we could abolish the a*******s wandering around with dead animals on their heads and give the horses an early retirement.

I am glad to see the support for the protestors on here, I remember the dog shit abuse (and actual dog shit) being chucked at me many moons ago when I was protesting at Brandon and Antree.

TomRad85

Seriously though just get that crown on, I have a poor attention span anyway and the remotes starting to twitch in my hand.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

olderskyblue

I quite enjoy all the pageantry that goes with it.

“Not my king” well stay the f*** away then… :LOL:

olderskyblue

People pay their tax contributions towards this shit, in a functioning democracy, which we just about still are, they should have a right to protest.
Naaa, f*** em :LOL:

Mr Panda

Preferred the energy the black choir brought to a dull affair, but got to admit Zadok the priest is a banger

SBT

LOL at him getting anointed to the tune of the Champions League theme…..just need Clive Tyldesley to hop on the mic now

olderskyblue

At least someone's happy with the police state we're walking in to.
Well, I was joking, but… I recall what it was like 40 + years ago, and you got arrested for much less, so it’s actually improved since then…

clint van damme

Well, I was joking, but… I recall what it was like 40 + years ago, and you got arrested for much less, so it’s actually improved since then…

40 years ago I was going on marches, I've got to say I don't think it was worse than this.
ANL/NF marches often turned violent and lead to arrests but I don't recall people getting arrested just for turning up!

Macca

Not interested, but hey I’m not interested in floats of fat blokes in bondage gear at Pride either. So I don’t watch and adopt the each to their own mentality. Let people get happiness out of what they want, the world is a miserable fucking place at the best of times

olderskyblue

40 years ago I was going on marches, I've got to say I don't think it was worse than this.
ANL/NF marches often turned violent and lead to arrests but I don't recall people getting arrested just for turning up!
You used to go on NF marches? Blimey…

Brighton Sky Blue

Not interested, but hey I’m not interested in floats of fat blokes in bondage gear at Pride either. So I don’t watch and adopt the each to their own mentality. Let people get happiness out of what they want, the world is a miserable fucking place at the best of times

Equally let them peacefully protest without being arrested

djr8369

They are giving out flags at STP, when I said "no" to them, you would have thought I committed treason. 😂
There’s some irony there really seeing as a republic was established then the monarchy brought back to prop it up.

If we can bring the monarchy back after winning a civil war we can have another Brexit vote.

olderskyblue

It wasn't down to political conviction, I just needed somewhere to show off my 14 hole ox blood docs with yellow laces!

I went on ANL marches and counter protests to NF marches, but I think you knew what I was saying!
The thing is, 40+ years ago, at a major event similar to todays, we wouldn’t have known what was happening to any protesters unless the press wanted us to know, or it was your mate down the pub who got arrested. (and he’d have had the shit beaten out of him as well)

the heightened security for an event like this means different rules I suspect. I doubt any of your marches corresponded with a major event like this.

David O'Day

at least this time round every hereditory peer doesn't have to individually pledge allegiance

Users who are viewing this thread