Coronation (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

So, Republican here, but I'll dip in and out as it's a moment of historical interest, innit.

Could do without the obsequious interviews with the likes of Jamie Oliver mind you, just let me listen to the choral music!

Reactions: vow

Otis

They are giving out flags at STP, when I said "no" to them, you would have thought I committed treason. 😂

Otis

Listening to people on the buses and trains is scary

Someone said they didn't think Andrew will be there and some woman piped up with 'I think he's innocent. The whole thing was made up and they have just photoshopped photos"

😂

Sick Boy

They’ve arrested people at an anti-monarchy protest and police have put a barrier around others so Charlie won’t have to see them.

What a normal country.

SkyBlueCharlie9

In London (not for Sausage fingers coronation) there are some wacky characters wandering around here dressed in red white and blue waving tiny union jacks.... lots of crap merch! Feels a bit like loads of people who used to go to Wasps matches..... a bit sad and tired!
Hopefully if we happened to get to the play offs our flags, outfits and costumes will be more creative.
Its pissing down...if it stops I might go to Trafalgar Square to watch the NotMyKing protestors and the middle class royalists shout abuse at each other. Bit like Legion and Zulus last weekend!

greys4life

Thank god we don’t have just 3 TV channels anymore so I can avoid this shit. I’m not necessarily a republican either, just not interested in the slightest.
Thank god I'm not that dependent on TV that I have to search desperately for something else to watch :LOL:

SkyBlueSoul

I've got a few errands to run (to the tip, Argos etc) so I'm hoping enough people are watching it that there's not loads of people in my way.

no_loyalty

On holiday in Benidorm, decorated the front of the lodge for the crack. 4A35CA41-2A92-47B1-B71E-31C131A43E4B.jpeg

Hertsccfc

Not sure Charles is a popular royal
I'd abolish the monarchy. It's a ridiculous institution and it's obscene that they have so much wealth. There are many homeless people in the area where all this is taking place.

I actually prefer him to his late mother, who received an undeserved positive press in my view. At least he does seem to be fairly enlightened on the environment. She was prepared to spend our money to keep Andrew out of the Courts. He does have some crazy views especially on alternative medicine and he sees nothing wrong with having so much privilege.

Shocking that people can't protest peacefully against this.

Johnnythespider

The need of so many people to bow and scrape to somebody in a ridiculous outfit absolutely baffles me, I hope he's the last but very much doubt it as the arrests in London show

Johnnythespider

The Duke of Kent looking like Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn at the end of Death Becomes Her

fatso

Thank god we don’t have just 3 TV channels anymore so I can avoid this shit. I’m not necessarily a republican either, just not interested in the slightest.
Interested enough to make the effort to come on here and tell everyone how uninterested you are though.

Bizarre!

CCFCSteve

Depends if you’ve got an interest in our country’s history i guess. Might be the last or penultimate coronation for all we know 🤷‍♂️. All feels a bit dated and i say that as someone who leans more towards monarchist than republican

Users who are viewing this thread