Corona in reverse (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Italy have thousands of illegal Chinese migrants it’s a sub class who have been travelling freely between the two countries - oddly it’s not getting much reporting
A lot of bars, shops and most sushi restaurants are owned by Chinese here and they banned flights between the countries over a month ago.
@OffenhamSkyBlue
It’s more likely to be a mixture of a blase attitude and much more testing going on. Even at the weekend in Lombardia people were going skiing in concentrated areas, despite there already being the lockdown there. It’s only the last couple of days that it has been taken much more seriously across the country.

The country also has a very high elderly population.

I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised to see the UK having the same numbers in a couple of weeks either though to be honest.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

You encapsulate the entire point- why is every fucking thing about ‘the economy’? About how rich people can become? About how much peoples investments might drop? These are human beings, not economic assets, pieces of meat whose purpose is to keep the wheels turning on UK PLC, it’s people’s mums and dads, grandparents, family. So take the “economic impact” stuff and try having some humanity, some decency.

Here he goes again on the high horse

hill83

Here he goes again on the high horse

If you think someone is always on their high horse and you always appear to be on foot that’s a problem for yourself to deal with.

giphy.gif

Grendel

A lot of bars, shops and most sushi restaurants are owned by Chinese here and they banned flights between the countries over a month ago.
@OffenhamSkyBlue
It’s more likely to be a mixture of a blase attitude and much more testing going on. Even at the weekend in Lombardia people were going skiing in concentrated areas, despite there already being the lockdown there. It’s only the last couple of days that it has been taken much more seriously across the country.

The country also has a very high elderly population.

I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised to see the UK having the same numbers in a couple of weeks either though to be honest.

It seems very strange that the rates are vastly higher and it has large congregations of illegal Chinese communities in Tuscany don’t you think?

Made in Italy, by Chinese workers

shmmeee

Just wanted to say, I’m hardly a GDP whore but “the economy” includes a lot of self employed and low paid workers very close to the breadline (average wage for self employed is below NMW I believe). Just as austerity killed people, so does any economic downturn. It’s not all City fat cats. I couldn’t give a flying fuck about the stock market (don’t gamble personally), but the day to day running of the economy is a different beast.

Sick Boy

It seems very strange that the rates are vastly higher and it has large congregations of illegal Chinese communities in Tuscany don’t you think?

Made in Italy, by Chinese workers
No, not really and trying to blame it on illegal Chinese immigrants in Tuscany is tinfoil hat stuff, especially when the worst of the problem is in Lombardia.
All flights to and from China were also stopped a month before the outbreak started.
There has been much more testing carried out compared to other countries in Europe and no one taking the situation seriously until this week.

Grendel

No, not really and trying to blame it on illegal Chinese immigrants in Tuscany is tinfoil hat stuff, especially when the worst of the problem is in Lombardia.
There has been much more testing carried out to other countries in Europe and no one taking the situation seriously until this week.

It’s hardly tinfoil hat stuff - the first France case was a Chinese visitor - Italy has had by far the biggest infection numbers away from China in Europe

Sick Boy

It’s hardly tinfoil hat stuff - the first France case was a Chinese visitor - Italy has had by far the biggest infection numbers away from China in Europe
Just updated post, flights to and from China were banned up to a month before the outbreak started in Italy.
Italy is also incredibly popular with legal Chinese tourists, especially Milan and Veneto.
The UK also only seems to be testing people if they have been to an affected country, which is a sharp contrast to here.

Grendel

Just updated post, flights to and from China were banned up to a month before the outbreak started in Italy.
Italy is also incredibly popular with legal Chinese tourists, especially Milan and Veneto.
The UK also only seems to be testing people if they have been to an affected country, which is a sharp contrast to here.

Given that a lot will enter illegally and there are open borders it’s not difficult to get people in. Even the Italian government admits it’s got a huge illegal problem.

People haven’t been tested coming from there to the UK either even recently people were wandering through the border controls unchecked

Sick Boy

Given that a lot will enter illegally and there are open borders it’s not difficult to get people in. Even the Italian government admits it’s got a huge illegal problem.

People haven’t been tested coming from there to the UK either even recently people were wandering through the border controls unchecked
All countries have issues with illegal migration and a lot will enter in the back lorries. It still doesn’t explain why illegal Chinese immigrants in Tuscany led to outbreaks in Lombardia and Veneto.

It’s just as likely it was a Chinese tourist or a resident here who’d been over there and picked it up and returned.

fernandopartridge

People do seem to very casually toss out 'its only old people and those with existing conditions' as if they don't matter.

I find it pretty disgusting tbh, even those saying "They were old and had underlying health conditions" - that is a significant proportion of the population. Even if it is mostly old people becoming very sick they will quickly use up capacity in the NHS to the extent that it'll be difficult to see all sick people.
Meanwhile, in the Telegraph...

View attachment 14379

It won't be of much benefit to the Torygraph as it'll smash their market

Liquid Gold

I find it pretty disgusting tbh, even those saying "They were old and had underlying health conditions" - that is a significant proportion of the population. Even if it is mostly old people becoming very sick they will quickly use up capacity in the NHS to the extent that it'll be difficult to see all sick people.

It won't be of much benefit to the Torygraph as it'll smash their market
I don't think it is people tossing aside the elderly or vulnerable I think it is being used as a reason to calm the mad fears of people in their 30s in perfect health panic buying things that are needed to help those more likely to have complications.

'If you're not elderly and in good health you have very little to fear' =\= 'fuck the old'
'If you're not elderly and in good health you have very little to fear' = 'calm down and wash your hands'

tisza

We've got all people from Italy, China, South Korea and Iran banned from entering Hungary from midnight.
Any Hungarians coming from those countries will forcibly quarantined (and I do mean forcibly!!).

Border controls to be enforced from Slovenia and Austria (the main road routes from Italy). All mass transport from there banned to (planes, trains, buses).

No gatherings bigger than 100 inside or 500 outside

Universities closing but schools to stay open for now.

Most of the cases here are Iranian students although an elderly British man has died after coming back from Italy.

Users who are viewing this thread