Corners (1 Viewer)

ccfc922

Seeing Eccles being blamed constantly, majority tonight going into the far edge of 6 yard Box, with most players bunched at the near post, so who's at fault?

Why are players not spread throughout the box attacking the ball?

I'm not saying he's Beckham, but I don't see the attacking players doing much other than congregating at the near post?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The same thing happens every time we get a corner: the opposition heads it away. There is absolutely no pressure put on the opposition from an ariel perspective and as a fan who knows what's coming having seen it week in week out it's nothing more than going through the motions . The second the corner is floated in our players may as well run back to the half way line.

Greggs

Is Robins watching this and thinking "This is good, we should keep doing the same".

It's a fucking embarrassment.
nat geo hyena GIF by National Geographic Channel

be careful, the 'positive' brigade will start to circle and get personal

ccfc922

The same thing happens every time we get a corner: the opposition heads it away. There is absolutely no pressure put on the opposition from an ariel perspective and as a fan who knows what's coming having seen it week in week out it's nothing more than going through the motions . The second the corner is floated in our players may as well run back to the half way line.

Zero challenges on the CBs, n definitely zero at the far post/edge of 6 yard Box.

CV22SBA

Seeing Eccles being blamed constantly, majority tonight going into the far edge of 6 yard Box, with most players bunched at the near post, so who's at fault?

Why are players not spread throughout the box attacking the ball?

I'm not saying he's Beckham, but I don't see the attacking players doing much other than congregating at the near post?
What are you watching. He can’t get the ball past the first defender, it barely makes the six yard box most times.

Greggs

Crosses in general. We are shit at them, but that's how the king wants us to play.

ccfc922

What are you watching. He can’t get the ball past the first defender, it barely makes the six yard box most times.

...? The ball going to the far corner of the 6 yard box.... repeatedly....

Then we switched it up to playing it short 2nd half.

Adge

The proof I’m afraid is in the pudding. Best ball delivered into the box was from McFadz of all people on the left in the first half which resulted in Sims’ effort being saved.

skybluepm2

Reverting to taking short corners throughout the second half said it all. For a guy who specializes in passing sideways, you’d think that he’d be able to get at least one into a dangerous area. Garbage, every single time. Why the hell aren’t MVE or Da Silva taking them?

Nick

Administrator
We have far bigger problems than our corners, and I find the hysteria about them the last couple of games to be a bit weird tbh

It's just another addition to the list of having no clue what to do and they have all been shit. Probably why people are pointing it out.

Chris1987

It's just another example of having little goal threat. Any opposition coach watching our corners will have minimal bother setting up to defend them

Users who are viewing this thread