Copthorne Park (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
coming from town, the junction before sainsburys to the right
In my childhood I won the World cup, FA cup etc there

Google Maps

Ah yeah thats the one. School on one side and then the shops on the other?

Is a fair bit of land there but not sure the houses would be too happy.

In the summer there as usually hundreds of blokes making their own matches on the grass, they have kits and everything.

wingy

Ah yeah thats the one. School on one side and then the shops on the other?

Is a fair bit of land there but not sure the houses would be too happy.

In the summer there as usually hundreds of blokes making their own matches on the grass, they have kits and everything.
Even Bigi was coaching some refugees I think.

shmmeee

Starting my search but have to fit it in around my actual work.

Am I right in saying the search zone is a 9 mile buffer around the council house? I seem to recall fisher saying that’s where it had to be.

Otis

Here's the TRU site: 43.6 acres and freehold owned by TRU so maybe a good shout.

TRUSite.png
Bloody hell that is some expansion. Earlier today it was only 4.72 acres.

wingy

Did they even own the site.
Seem to recall they've trying to negotiate rents down or Holidays.
Most likely part of someone's portfolio.

shmmeee

Stage 1: All registered land, over 15 acres, within 9 miles of the Council House:

CCFC_Search.png

Bad news for those that want a city centre stadium.

Do we think 15 acres is too large?

fernandopartridge

Is that the Marconi / Copsewood site there just about Willenhall, guessing the pink roads are Binley Rd and Allard Way. There would be good.

Stage 1: All registered land, over 15 acres, within 9 miles of the Council House:

CCFC_Search.png

shmmeee

Is that the Marconi / Copsewood site there just about Willenhall, guessing the pink roads are Binley Rd and Allard Way. There would be good.

Been sent home early because of snow. Will have a look on Monday.

Worth remembering that I’ve done no ownership filtering so may include large plots still owned by housing developers or whatever Paragon Park between Foleshill Rd and Stoney Stanton is there for example. Once I’ve got the size and location down I’ll start whittling it down.

Also those titles are about 6 months out of date, but I’ll fix that too.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Thinking about putting a max size on there too. Say 15-50 acres. Presumably some level of excess is best to allow the club to sell to retailers or whatever next door?

NorthernWisdom

Right. My day job is partly searching for land for companies to buy and develop. Let’s get this sorted. What are the specs we need for a stadium? What sort of acreage? What sort of location? What sort of existing uses?

I’m going to pull off a list of potential sites with the addresses of the owners and send it to Fisher.
I hesitate to blow smoke but... could be the best thing to actually happen, show him the choices, force a decision... whatever it is!

shmmeee

Busy today so no updates. Did update my title plots today though which’ll help.

Really not sure how to proceed once I’ve done location and size. Probably remove flood plain stuff, look for stuff near a main road I guess.

What else do you need other than a given size?

Otis

Really not sure how to proceed once I’ve done location and size. Probably remove flood plain stuff, look for stuff near a main road I guess.

The likelihood of resident objections.

Captain Dart

CCFC_Search.png

Don't tell Tim.

NorthernWisdom

I wouldn't even say lack of a main road is an obstacle...

If the club were to do it properly.

shmmeee

For those interested there are roughly 1,400 sites in that first image. So remember that when people say there’s nowhere to build. Gonna try to get it down to 100 or so. Will probably focus on stuff owned by a company.

shmmeee

Also: it costs about 40p to write to someone in bulk. £3 to find the owner of a private site. Likely roughly half of them are private, so for a total outgoing of about £2600 (plus time) you could write a letter to the owners of each site asking if they would sell for a stadium.

What I’m saying is: for less than a month of Stuart Beavon we could find a new ground.

I’m also saying: I’ve clocked this with a total effort of about three hours. What has Tim been doing for four years?

NorthernWisdom

Also: it costs about 40p to write to someone in bulk. £3 to find the owner of a private site. Likely roughly half of them are private, so for a total outgoing of about £2600 (plus time) you could write a letter to the owners of each site asking if they would sell for a stadium.

What I’m saying is: for less than a month of Stuart Beavon we could find a new ground.

I’m also saying: I’ve clocked this with a total effort of about three hours. What has Tim been doing for four years?
tbf it's probably a little more difficult than that but... I do get your point.

Also, to stop the circular arguments, probably best we all acknowledge here and now we know the stadium from SISU is a red herring. The frustrating thing is they have taken a kernal of truth, that every club really should have their own ground. Going forward... I hope any future owners remember and recognise that. Even if it isn't attainable immediately, I hope they have it on their radar to at least try for!

Captain Dart

That's quite close to our old stadium isn't it? Gosford Green area.

I dare not say.

Users who are viewing this thread