Controversial idea (1 Viewer)

ccfcmustang

SISU have maintained that the club isnt for sale. This much we know for a fact. What im wandering is how realistic would it be for CCFC fans to put a consortium together and make an offer for a stake in the club?

It looks to me that SISU will not be selling up any time soon, so we have to work with what we have got and the situation we are presented with. I do not think that we will be able to starve them out (as much as Id like to ) with proof of funds for a stadium, cover losses while we are in Northampton and the absolute reluctance to sell i cannot see them going anywhere.

I think we should test Fisher and see if he and SISU have any care for what the fans think and what we have to bring to the table. We would be backed by the media, other clubs and more importantly I imagine the Football League would back it aswell.

IF we tabled a serious offer for a part stake in the club this would give us leverage and a certain level of transparency on the running of the club. We cant beat them, I think its time to join them at the top and see where it goes.

How much do you think this would cost collectively? And do you think there is a possibility of attracting enough supporters of this to be a serious option?

Sbarcher

There is no doubt that SISU WILL sell for the right price - they are a business. But, I feel they have no loyalty to fans so they will give no special treatment. Timmy will be on a big exit fee for the eventual sale, based on the best offer, just like any other business I'm afraid.

ccfcmustang

Do you think? I think we would take the 'morally right' stance of the whole issue claim why we should have a part stake. Could SISU morally turn down it, can bring their own reputation down a hell of a lot more than it already has. I genuinely believe this is viable

Godiva

It would cost a fair few million :(

Maybe not.
According to Fisher the plan is to transfer shares to fans at some point.
I suppose they could simply pass the voting rights to a fans rep without really transfer the shares.

But to who?
The Trust have placed themself in a position where they wouldn't be offered anything by sisu.

So who should represent the fans at the clubs board?

ccfcmustang

I think there would be a lot of outside pressure for them to do so. If we tabled and they reject they would find it even harder to get sponsors for the club as noone will want to associate themselves with SISU. Win Win situation?

ccfcmustang

Maybe not.
According to Fisher the plan is to transfer shares to fans at some point.
I suppose they could simply pass the voting rights to a fans rep without really transfer the shares.

But to who?
The Trust have placed themself in a position where they wouldn't be offered anything by sisu.

So who should represent the fans at the clubs board?
True, its not something that can happen overnight and someone will need to front the bid from outside the trust

shmmeee

How much did Brody pay for his share in SBSL? Might be your best chance is buying him out.

LastGarrison

Do you think? I think we would take the 'morally right' stance of the whole issue claim why we should have a part stake. Could SISU morally turn down it, can bring their own reputation down a hell of a lot more than it already has. I genuinely believe this is viable

You write this as if you honestly believe that SISU a) have morals and b) give a fuck about the fans.

ccfcmustang

You write this as if you honestly believe that SISU a) have morals and b) give a fuck about the fans.
SISU care nothing for the fans, however with outside pressure it could be possible. If we got to a point where we were able to table an offer and it was rejected. This is the point where I would lose all faith.

Godiva

True, its not something that can happen overnight and someone will need to front the bid from outside the trust

I don't think a 'bid' is necessary. As I said they could pass the voting rights of a some of the shares to a fans rep while they (sisu) keep the ownership.
Should a situation arise where more funding is needed by the means of equity increase, that solution wouldn't require the fans to raise money to prevent depleting their voting power.

ccfcmustang

We would need to establish someone to front it and eventually someone to sit on the board. Sometimes I feel city fans arent thinking of alternatives to standing outside SISU HQ where they can, and are, easily ignored

LastGarrison

SISU care nothing for the fans, however with outside pressure it could be possible. If we got to a point where we were able to table an offer and it was rejected. This is the point where I would lose all faith.

Nice idea but I have a feeling SISU don't "bow to oustide pressure" and this would be rejected out of hand.

Unless they can get to a point where they can sell everything (?) to either recoup their investment or make a profit, then my impression is we are stuck with the cunts.

shmmeee

We would need to establish someone to front it and eventually someone to sit on the board. Sometimes I feel city fans arent thinking of alternatives to standing outside SISU HQ where they can, and are, easily ignored

Elected board member on two year term please. Certainly no one currently in the public eye (Jan, JE, etc.).

Anyone got Brody's contact details? Give him a call, cant have cost more than a million or so for his share. He striked me as the type to enjoy a bit of self-publication and his passion is helping small startups...

shmmeee

Nice idea but I have a feeling SISU don't "bow to oustide pressure" and this would be rejected out of hand.

Unless they can get to a point where they can sell everything (?) to either recoup their investment or make a profit, then my impression is we are stuck with the cunts.

Then don't buy from Sisu, people forget we have more than one owner.

ccfcmustang

Elected board member on two year term please. Certainly no one currently in the public eye (Jan, JE, etc.).

Anyone got Brody's contact details? Give him a call, cant have cost more than a million or so for his share. He striked me as the type to enjoy a bit of self-publication and his passion is helping small startups...

On it

Godiva

http://www.linkedin.com/in/lbrody

blueflint

SISU have maintained that the club isnt for sale. This much we know for a fact. What im wandering is how realistic would it be for CCFC fans to put a consortium together and make an offer for a stake in the club?

It looks to me that SISU will not be selling up any time soon, so we have to work with what we have got and the situation we are presented with. I do not think that we will be able to starve them out (as much as Id like to ) with proof of funds for a stadium, cover losses while we are in Northampton and the absolute reluctance to sell i cannot see them going anywhere.

I think we should test Fisher and see if he and SISU have any care for what the fans think and what we have to bring to the table. We would be backed by the media, other clubs and more importantly I imagine the Football League would back it aswell.

IF we tabled a serious offer for a part stake in the club this would give us leverage and a certain level of transparency on the running of the club. We cant beat them, I think its time to join them at the top and see where it goes.

How much do you think this would cost collectively? And do you think there is a possibility of attracting enough supporters of this to be a serious option?

where is the proof of funds for new stadium and its to soon to tell if NOPM will or won't work

ccfcmustang

where is the proof of funds for new stadium and its to soon to tell if NOPM will or won't work

They have proved to the footballl league that they have "10 million for new stadium, other 15 million will be borrowed" and also they have proved that " cover groundshare losses for 3/5 years" How long before Fisher says that without revenue the club will have to stay in Northampton longer as the losses are cutting into the money for the stadium. once he announces that the possibility of coming home is down to 0

torchomatic

If Hoff, Mr Cov and PH4 can't do it then what chance do we have?

dadgad

I think Lady Godiva should kidnap Joy Sepulchre and flick red hot coals at her until she relents. Of course the citizens would be prepared to pay at or near market value for this asset, part of the community fabric of our great and noble city; about 3/6d in old money.

SkyBlueScottie

Anybody who thinks this idea will come to fruition is:

a, Dreamer
b, mental
c, should not be allowed unsupervised access to a PC / Internet connection.

Take your pick

(I await the usual comment well at least he is trying to do something)

Samo

I don't want to piss on your chips guys but are you saying you would give these vultures our money and trust them to honour any contract to allow us a voice?
If... and it's a very big if... it ever happened they'd take our money, use loopholes, move contracts and generally fuck about until ultimately it would come down to legals. Do we have the money to take them on? Would you want to try? Sorry to be negative but with SISU at the helm this is pure folly.

Godiva

Anybody who thinks this idea will come to fruition is:

a, Dreamer
b, mental
c, should not be allowed unsupervised access to a PC / Internet connection.

Take your pick

(I await the usual comment well at least he is trying to do something)

I match all three ...

Grendel

Ill be glad when the kids go back to school.

Godiva

I don't want to piss on your chips guys but are you saying you would give these vultures our money and trust them to honour any contract to allow us a voice?
If... and it's a very big if... it ever happened they'd take our money, use loopholes, move contracts and generally fuck about until ultimately it would come down to legals. Do we have the money to take them on? Would you want to try? Sorry to be negative but with SISU at the helm this is pure folly.

If they pass voting rights to a fans rep, no money would be involved.

Skyblueweeman

SISU and Morally in the same sentence!

And coming up later, 'One Direction and Talented' as well as 'Simon Cowell and Good Father Figure'....

CJ_covblaze

We did contact Brody by phone, email and letter some time ago regarding his shareholding. He owns around 4% (410 shares if I remember correctly). We didn't even receive an acknowledgement of the communication, let alone how much it would cost. Also get the impression SISU just don't want to sell to anyone atm. It's almost like they're happy for the club to just slowly die.

Samo

If they pass voting rights to a fans rep, no money would be involved.

Ok so take the money out. Do you think a business like this is going to permit a situation where a bunch of fans has a 'realistic' say in it's future?

Astute

Ok so take the money out. Do you think a business like this is going to permit a situation where a bunch of fans has a 'realistic' say in it's future?

Personally no, but at least the fans would have a better idea of how football clubs are run. Best time to get rid of your best striker.....when to strengthen a certain position......when to change loans......in fact anything unless it is the usual legal proceedings that would still be done by SUSU.

Godiva

As long as there's an 'emergency breake' the owners can pull if the boards decisions would put the club at risk - yes, I think it would benefit the owners to share the responsibility with the fans. Any flak given for selling the potential superstar to Liverpool would be directed towards the fans rep.

Users who are viewing this thread