Controversial and preparing to be shot down in flames.... (1 Viewer)

InterSkyBlues

Just wanted to say that I'm pleased for Mark Robins that Huddersfield won last night and ended their 8 games without a win.

I'm not pleased that Mark left us but I don't have any anger against the man who turned round what effectively was a massive shambles at the beginning of the season. I also cannot blame him for leaving what is one of the worst run clubs outside of Portsmouth - if my company had the same reputation and leadership, I would be off too.

So, I know its controversial, and totally against the vitriole that has been displayed on the forum, but well done Mark and good luck for the rest of your career! I do wish you were still here at CCFC but it wasnt to be, so thanks for the trip as short as it was.

There, I've said it, let the games commence......

BackRoomRummermill

No I totally agree, it would be immature and fickle not to agree.

Your spot on came to the club and sorted us out. Thanks to him we are safe now and maybe a shot at the Playoffs, trouble is football fans only go by the last game or incident and make daft statements which ever club they support.

kg82

Nothing to do with him taking a better job, moving up a league or actually leaving the club. Lot's of people can see and understand that. It's more the soundbites he was giving - committed to the club, sky blue blood, long term vision etc etc. That is what has upset people. I'm getting over it, but I won't forgive him and I won't wish the best for him either.

ajsccfc

You seem to be basking too much in the idea of being controversial for something that's really quite far away from rousing the villagers into a frenzy.

luwalla

I've no problem with him leaving to further his career ( I'd do that )... I've no problem with a manager going to a club where he can triple his wages ( I'd do that ) .. I don't even have a problem with a manger leaving simply because he thinks the grass is greener ( I'm human and may do that )

But I do have a problem with a man that tells you he is going nowhere, is committed to the club and its in his veins.. And a week or so later jumps ship for all of the above. Thanks for what you did mark, but bit of a slimey exit!

D

Deleted member 4439

Nothing to do with him taking a better job, moving up a league or actually leaving the club. Lot's of people can see and understand that. It's more the soundbites he was giving - committed to the club, sky blue blood, long term vision etc etc. That is what has upset people. I'm getting over it, but I won't forgive him and I won't wish the best for him either.

Expect it's all pretty much history to most now. I was as bitter as the next person when it happened, and for the same reasons. However, once I'd read that he had been offered a deal that potentially quadrupled his salary I found that whatever remained of my bitterness had disappeared, and instead I'd began to feel a little sheepish. Whatever Robins' true feelings for the club at the time, it would be a heroic person indeed to have turned down such an offer. 90K to manage a L1 club? Almost taking the piss.

coundonskyblue

I've no problem with him leaving to further his career ( I'd do that )... I've no problem with a manager going to a club where he can triple his wages ( I'd do that ) .. I don't even have a problem with a manger leaving simply because he thinks the grass is greener ( I'm human and may do that )

But I do have a problem with a man that tells you he is going nowhere, is committed to the club and its in his veins.. And a week or so later jumps ship for all of the above. Thanks for what you did mark, but bit of a slimey exit!

Agree 100%

Glad he's gone though, I dont want a liar as our manager

scroobiustom

Did they win? I don't tend to focus on TOWN teams ;)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I put him on the same level as Stachan. I 'ate 'em both!

kg82

Expect it's all pretty much history to most now. I was as bitter as the next person when it happened, and for the same reasons. However, once I'd read that he had been offered a deal that potentially quadrupled his salary I found that whatever remained of my bitterness had disappeared, and instead I'd began to feel a little sheepish. Whatever Robins' true feelings for the club at the time, it would be a heroic person indeed to have turned down such an offer. 90K to manage a L1 club? Almost taking the piss.

Maybe so. But he didn't know what they were offering when he begged our board to let him speak to theirs. And if he did, is that not tapping up?

Anyway, all history now. Just another part of Coventry City's.

J

Jack Griffin

Well, perhaps he's learned a lesson, not to pledge undying alliegence to a club he is frankly only using as a springboard to better things..

SkyblueBazza

Just wanted to say that I'm pleased for Mark Robins that Huddersfield won last night and ended their 8 games without a win.

I'm not pleased that Mark left us but I don't have any anger against the man who turned round what effectively was a massive shambles at the beginning of the season. I also cannot blame him for leaving what is one of the worst run clubs outside of Portsmouth - if my company had the same reputation and leadership, I would be off too.

So, I know its controversial, and totally against the vitriole that has been displayed on the forum, but well done Mark and good luck for the rest of your career! I do wish you were still here at CCFC but it wasnt to be, so thanks for the trip as short as it was.

Personally, I wish him well...& this might then sound like controversial, but I am pretty indifferent to his success or failure there or anywhere else now.

Sky Blue Jay

Huddersfield fan in disguise

CODY!!!

Exactly, being bitter will not help us for one second. Noone is bigger than the club

dadgad

HE wanted assurances and couldn't get them.
Certainly NO blame for going to a club that could.
We still haven't paid the rent btw.:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

jabharty

I wouldn't have blamed him for leaving, but all that "I'm here to build for the long term" and stuff made it hard to swallow.
Anyway, lets move on to the new instead of the old!

skybluesteve76

Bore off. I'd forgotten about that twat!
Can we move on now!
I see Chris Coleman is doing okay for Wales and Aidy Boothroyd still loves Clive Platt!!

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

ajsccfc

I'm going to be controversial and I know some people may get really mad, but here's hoping we can turn around our home form against Swindon. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just saying what people don't have the balls to!!! I await the abuse. Flame on.

Joy Division

He's still got a bad credit rating after walking out on every club so far

Users who are viewing this thread