Conor Thomas (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Not even on the bench today.

I think we should give him one more chance to try and prove himself. Looking at the programme today, I noticed that he has played in the few games where I would say the team has played well this season..

He started the games such as Gillingham(h), Walsall(a), Peterborough, Yeovil(h).
Personally I am not his biggest fan, and I know many do not rate him, but surely he could do better than what has been on show the last couple of games?

ptr

Got to be worth a shot, after all he is going to be next Steven Gerrard isn't he?

RFC

Not even on the bench today.

I think we should give him one more chance to try and prove himself. Looking at the programme today, I noticed that he has played in the few games where I would say the team has played well this season..

He started the games such as Gillingham(h), Walsall(a), Peterborough, Yeovil(h).
Personally I am not his biggest fan, and I know many do not rate him, but surely he could do better than what has been on show the last couple of games?

Think he's been out injured?

pusbccfc

Got to be worth a shot, after all he is going to be next Steven Gerrard isn't he?

A midfield of Barton, Fleck and Thomas must be dubbed 'football's biggest flops'.

Fleck being the next Rooney starting for Rangers as a 16 year old.
Thomas on the verge of a move to Liverpool dubbed the next Gerrard
Barton close to a £3 million pound move to Liverpool.

With the way their careers are going, it will be lucky if they are starting in a league 2 side next season.

pusbccfc

I think he's just coming back from an injury

As far as injuries go, Reda Johnson, Jordan Willis and James Maddison remain out while midfielder Conor Thomas made a return to training yesterday but won’t be pushed for the weekend.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...-news/tony-mowbray-puts-coventry-city-8782291

He was really good against Walsall I thought.

My bad.

I do agree, he was good at Walsall and don't think he was too bad at Gillingham.

Barton on the other hand has started in some of our worst performances of the season - Doncaster, Oldham and Bristol City.

stupot07

My bad.

I do agree, he was good at Walsall and don't think he was too bad at Gillingham.

Barton on the other hand has started in some of our worst performances of the season - Doncaster, Oldham and Bristol City.

So did fleck and JOB....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

torchomatic

Every time I see the words Connor Thomas I expect the next two to be "is crap".

johnwillomagic

I have already said I'd have him in start xi for Bradford if fit.....certainly not fantastic but sadly the best we have in squad in the holding midfield role!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He's missed Imo

I miss him too! I mean, who else can I moan about so much when he's absent from the squad? ;)

That said, he can't do much worse than what we've seen of late, can he?

Won't say I'll give him another chance, but of course I'll support him if he plays (only to say how poor he was after the game if history is anything to go by ;) )

Otis

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Yep, ditto. This is how low we have sunk.

Total lack of consistency from him over the years, but we are in such a mess I would positively welcome him back with open arms right now.

torchomatic

Unfortunately, it's the can't pass to any of his own team mates role that he excels in.

I have already said I'd have him in start xi for Bradford if fit.....certainly not fantastic but sadly the best we have in squad in the holding midfield role!

johnwillomagic

I'd have him in for his discipline in the role, his pace, his fitness, his role in disrupting the opposition......all of these I think he is far better at than
Barton who although he can pass the ball lacks all of the above which I view as more important in the holding role.

I'd have Thomas in for a destructive role rather than creative one.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Simple game where he breaks up play and leave others to pass, he has been missed and others are inadequate at breaking up the play.

if we are going to stay up then we need Thomas or someone else who can be the stopper in the middle

cov1987

I'm sorry but thats how desperate we have become relying on a return to the side of a midfielder who contributes nothing to the team when did he last score or even create a goal for us he gives nothing, saying that all are midfielders apart from o'brien who scores now and again are the same, for me not being able to get in players for that area as contributed to our downfall this season.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hobo

I think Thomas lost a bit of confidence and has been overplayed at times. He is the best holding midfielder we have, it is one of the glaring imbalances we have in our squad...no alternative holding midfielder. Finch needs more development at the moment.

Barton and Fleck together are too lightweight.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I can see Mowbray making a few changes after seeing the players firsthand, wouldn't be surprised to see Webster, Thomas and Odelusi start Tuesday

shmmeee

I'm sorry but thats how desperate we have become relying on a return to the side of a midfielder who contributes nothing to the team when did he last score or even create a goal for us he gives nothing, saying that all are midfielders apart from o'brien who scores now and again are the same, for me not being able to get in players for that area as contributed to our downfall this season.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Not really his job to be "in that area" to be honest.

torchomatic

Could be right. Won't hurt. I think Odelusi deserves a start and Webster does to. I'm still hoping we'll see another keeper and midfielder in before too long.

I can see Mowbray making a few changes after seeing the players firsthand, wouldn't be surprised to see Webster, Thomas and Odelusi start Tuesday

Users who are viewing this thread