Conor Thomas (1 Viewer)

Lord_Nampil

We have really missed him!!! Apparently not injured as well, even though hes a youngster i think he is better than Deegan, Norwood and Clingan and with him in the midfield with two of the above our midfield would be much stronger!

If we field the same team against Palace i will be very annoyed!

Otis

Guess it depends on who we have fit.

If fit, I would like to see Hussey back in at left back, in place of Clarke, if only because of his crossing and the fact he is left footed and is a left back.

Don't want to see Clingan back in the first 11 and agree, would like to see Thomas in there. Might be inclined too, to give McDonald a go from the start. We all know Platt struggles with 2 games in a week.

SkyBlueScottie

I dont think its any coincidence that some decent results have come along while Clingan was out of the team, in Norwood we have a lad who is technically a better passer of the ball than Clingan and also one who is prepared to pass the ball forward. While Deegan may have limitations he is also a more forward thinking player. It irritates me that we have an international in Clingan who seems content to pass the ball 5 yards backwards to a centre half who then tries to launch an attack. Also with Clingan in the side because he plays so deep it means our midfield is disjointed and all of our attacks start from well within our half.

sylus

i dont think it makes no differance who is in now..the writing is on the wall...i agree otis with Clingan..he had no right taking the pen yesterday when he had not even touched the ball..Mcsheff should of..it made me feel sick..and i knew he would miss.but in truth had he scored,i dont think it would of made much differance anyway..

Lord_Nampil

Guess it depends on who we have fit.

If fit, I would like to see Hussey back in at left back, in place of Clarke, if only because of his crossing and the fact he is left footed and is a left back.

Don't want to see Clingan back in the first 11 and agree, would like to see Thomas in there. Might be inclined too, to give McDonald a go from the start. We all know Platt struggles with 2 games in a week.

Def agree about McDonald his movement is excellent, i don't think we have seen anything of him yet!

Otis

What you also get with Clinagn too is the fact that he is much slower than Thomas and Norwood.

When Clingan is in the team our whole pace slows, both with his sideways and backwards passing and his own individual lack of pace.

Lord_Nampil

Before half time yesterday Leicester were playing the ball around at the pace we should be playing!!! It was pass and move, pass and move quick passing moving the ball around like we had no chance of getting it off them.

We can not do this and that comes down to the way we set up to play! You can see how out of touch Thorn and Harrison are with the so called modern day football!

It doesn't help when you have Craine and Clingan dwelling on the ball too much causing mistakes from other team mates when they release the ball, both shouldn't be in the team again and shud have been sole in the summer!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Thomas was good before his injury but I feel Deegan and Norwood have been doing a good job lately when I have seen them play so it is a tough decision.

coop

Deegan for me isnt that good and hes no pitbull Thomas should be in there with nimley and cody up front

slyblue57

anyone who suggests cranie should nt be in the team has lost sight of reality. He s by far the best player we have at the club.
Its been mentioned before he reads the game so well and mops up lots of defensive errors by keogh who apparantly does no wrong.
Keogh is a solid defender who generally recovers his errors by strength and pace, I wish he could read the game like Cranie.
Clingan is a good player just no confidence left in him.

Pigeon

I think Thomas we becoming a vital part of our squad before he got injured, he speeds up the game, but in the awesome tackles and held the midfield together. I'd really like to see him, Norwood and Deegs combo.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Am surprised he isnt playing - certainly I would have him the match squad ahead of some of the players heading elsewhere in the summer. Clingan has been average at best this season and he makes us play far too deep leaving a big hole in the midfield. Thomas has energy, movement, reads the game can pass the ball (including forwards!) and is the future of this club. He has what 25 games ? not a lot of experience compared to some but how does he get it if he doesnt play?

Would certainly be in my match day squad - and if on the bench I would use the lad.

Users who are viewing this thread