Conor Thomas to Norwich? (1 Viewer)

Although the source is the barely credible "Football Transfer Rumours" site, I've just read a rumour that Conor Thomas is to sign for Norwich for between 1 - 1.5 Million Quid, does anyone on here think this is possible? It's 8 each on that site for believable and unbelievable.

Otis

It's fine if he goes. As with any experienced player leaving this club we'll just bring a kid in from the academy.

skybluebeduff

Can't see how he'd fit in at Norwich, you really think he'd get a game in the prem? If for the future then maybe but I doubt this story to be honest.

slyblue57

Could see it happen as Thomas is a better player than Bigi at this stage, he s stronger, tackles better and has a great shot if only he would shoot.
The only reason he did nt sign for Liverpoool is that he was too home sick. There ll be plenty of teams lookingat him. Much prefer if he stays.

Astute

Could see it happen as Thomas is a better player than Bigi at this stage, he s stronger, tackles better and has a great shot if only he would shoot.
The only reason he did nt sign for Liverpoool is that he was too home sick. There ll be plenty of teams lookingat him. Much prefer if he stays.

I thought he came back as he got injured and they couldn't take a proper look at him.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

The point at which we start to sell our promising kids is the point of no-return. We've sold our soul.

I can deal with Clingan going, ditto Eastwood or Cranie. I can deal with losing McPake and Wood. I could even handle us selling Keogh.

However, if we can keep the young kids - on low wages - together and let them mature as a unit; even though we're in the third tier of football, there's always the dream that these talented kids from our academy can come together as a team, get us up and then permit us to compete again in the Championship. If we lose this, and are resigned to transitory journeymen, then for me all hope is lost

Covstu

i dont understand the hype of CT at all! The first game he played for us against Brum in the cup, he looked so far out of his depth it was unbelievable! I was astounded that Liverpool looked at his after that game and wasnt suprised when he come back. I havent really seen him have a decent game for us yet, very average in my opinion! Yes he is young and maybe still has potential but for that amount of money i would stap their hands off. Give me Bigi anyday.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I would agree with Wingy. Besides, we shouldn't - really - have to discuss which of our promising kids we should sell as an either/or option. If we truly have to sell, then I would prefer to sell older players and to keep the promising bunch together.

For as much as anything - be it Thomas, Bigi, Christie, whoever - why sell them now when they're 'promising' for less than £1m, when in two year's time there value could be several times that value?

wingy

I would agree with Wingy. Besides, we shouldn't - really - have to discuss which of our promising kids we should sell as an either/or option. If we truly have to sell, then I would prefer to sell older players and to keep the promising bunch together.

For as much as anything - be it Thomas, Bigi, Christie, whoever - why sell them now when they're 'promising' for less than £1m, when in two year's time there value could be several times that value?
The issue for me when i take the sisu blinkers off ,which lets face it is nigh on impossible ,but a neccessity to figure the here and now at the coalface ,player sales are going to have to make up the shortfall circa £2m.+. This league can be brutal at times ,I just can't see Bigi surviving it yet, mostly due to his physique ,add in Willis who's been muted .From a selfish point of view ie; theirs,the best move for them at this point is to progress in a prem developement squad ,given a couple of years of that as against a couple here most likely enduring a couple of seasons of struggle .Depending on our negotiation skills Keogh to join them in exit which leaves in all probability another £500k. to raise,where from i don't know,and this is the ridiculous bit, pray for success and the next batch to come through providing the same stream for next season,so as to keep these leeches in control.:(

wingy

In response to the OP and by no means endorsing this ,but if this sale funded signing Norwood on a 3-4yr deal we'd have to take it would'nt we,they most likely will achieve the same future values but Norwoods at least a couple of years ahead in terms of progression ,more able to be a fulcrum in the coming season.

skybluearmy88

got a text from a mate i havent spoke to in a few months saying he has heard norwich are to bid for thomas, hes a norwich fan and said that conor thomas is big talk among the norwich faithful.

cheever

another exit with some cash value would not be surprising.....this is SISU's way of getting some money back to their investors.

skyblueinBaku

got a text from a mate i havent spoke to in a few months saying he has heard norwich are to bid for thomas, hes a norwich fan and said that conor thomas is big talk among the norwich faithful.
Thanks, SBA88. Aren't we depressed enough already? :(

wingy

another exit with some cash value would not be surprising.....this is SISU's way of getting some money back to their investors.

Don't know Cheever seems its to get us through the year ahead ,could mean Keogh stays,possibly both go ,depends how much they're short and what they got for Bigi ,we do it all the time apparently .Nine out last summer ,two sold during the season ,one sold yesterday five jumped ship at seasons end +one of these or both ,players signed through this spell six!!!!:mad::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::(:(:mad::mad:

Otis

If they sell Thomas as well as bigi, I'm cancelling my bloody ST.

Why, when we have Ruffels and Roberts?

We proved last season that blooding kids before they are ready works, so surely you cannot contain your excitement at some not quite so good, but still really young players, stepping up to the plate before they are ready?

Thought we wanted to zoom through the leagues? We do this and some of you are still moaning FFS!!!

kg82

I have a few points here:

When there is a rumour from that site that says we are after a player it is ridiculed and the thread is usually closed. Yet when there is a rumour like this people get worked up again as if that site is all of a sudden credible!

CT is going to be a really good player Covstu. You're right, he did look out his depth against Blues in the cup but as you also said, it was his first start for the club! I've seen a lot of players who've turned out to be excellent have stinkers in their first few games. I thought he looked good a lot of the time last year. Did his job well.

And Wingy, Norwood's gone to Huddersfield already!

SkyBlue_Bear83

When there is a rumour from that site that says we are after a player it is ridiculed and the thread is usually closed. Yet when there is a rumour like this people get worked up again as if that site is all of a sudden credible!
Maybe it is because us selling a player is a more realistic rumour than us buying a player?

stupot07

CT is going to be a really good player Covstu. You're right, he did look out his depth against Blues in the cup but as you also said, it was his first start for the club! I've seen a lot of players who've turned out to be excellent have stinkers in their first few games. I thought he looked good a lot of the time last year. Did his job well.

To be fair his full debut v blues was under hoofroyd, so he hardly got a touch of the ball, as we frequently bypassed the midfield.

wingy

That post was two weeks ago KG and when i read it again made me feel a tad hypocritical but he's gone to Huddersfield as you say ,so to me having sold Bigi and getting my head round Keogh also out to fund us ,i'd reached a point of acceptance ,however if they both go i'll be getting the coffin out again as it means we're worse off than I anticipated,i'd rather lose Bell Baker and Mcs wages than lose both of them.:(:(

kg82

That post was two weeks ago KG and when i read it again made me feel a tad hypocritical but he's gone to Huddersfield as you say ,so to me having sold Bigi and getting my head round Keogh also out to fund us ,i'd reached a point of acceptance ,however if they both go i'll be getting the coffin out again as it means we're worse off than I anticipated,i'd rather lose Bell Baker and Mcs wages than lose both of them.:(:(

I didn't realise! Sorry, thought it was a new thread!

Users who are viewing this thread