Conor Thomas must be dropped from SP's starting 11 (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

Yes, I think he could be classed as a league 1 standard midfielder, that's why I don't understand the abuse he gets.

No he's not, I was saying any player at this level can do what he does and much much more. Therefore he is below this standard.

Evo1883

League one player playing in a league one team accused of being league one standard shocker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
His performances at league 1 level , suggest he is not a league 1 standard player

torchomatic

I actually agree, OP. He's a poor player and can't pass or tackle. He's lightweight too and gets knocked off the ball too easily. As others have pointed out though, who do we replace him with?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'd like to see what Finch can do in the team, Barton isn't the answer and Coulibaly seemingly doesn't fit the system.

RoboCCFC90

I like Conor Thomas a lot, but I don't see much in the way of an argument to keep him in the team, I would like to see Coulibaly given a sustained run in the team, when I have seen the lad play he seems determined to run at defenders, make a decent pass and track back, we have brought Coulibaly in and we are paying the wages, of course it's not his ideal position, but lets try and get the best out of the attributes the lad has.

As for Adam Barton, I don't think Barton wants to be here, he doesn't look hungry enough for it, Billy Daniels is obviously injured and I think Pressley would like to see Barton push on, Finch wouldn't be a bad shout, he is a big strong lad, can tackle and can pass, however we haven't seen Finch really go forward and I have liked the fact that O'Brien makes decent runs forward and Fleck likes to travel with the ball.

johnwillomagic

I think he is currently our best/only holding midfielder playinhgin natural position.- however as put in earlier post when Reda is back would quite like Hines to have a crack
in the defensive mid role with ideally O'Brien in 4-4-2 but worst case with O'Brien and Fleck as the two more forward thinking central players.

I saw him at Wolves away last year and thought him and Fleck were great in centre of park that day against a good team.

Users who are viewing this thread