Conor Thomas must be dropped from SP's starting 11 (1 Viewer)

After watching him for the past few years i have come to one very simple conclusion, he is awful, he has shown no level of progression over the last couple of years, he seems to be not fit enough to play 90 minutes, unable to break up play and ends up chasing shadows and shuns tackles these are things at the very least a holding midfielder should do in his role but it gets worst he has no ability to pass even the simplest of balls go astray and he struggles to play five yard passes, he contributes absolutely nothing and should be dropped.

Lord_Nampil

His problem, is when he was younger he probably was smaller and had good feet, he's now wat early 20s full grown and is a lot taller than he was when he was in the youth team, and now can't react like he could before as he's bigger. Barton who was on the bench yesterday, can do what he does so much better, and should be given a chance against Exeter!

Rusty Trombone

His problem, is when he was younger he probably was smaller and had good feet, he's now wat early 20s full grown and is a lot taller than he was when he was in the youth team, and now can't react like he could before as he's bigger. Barton who was on the bench yesterday, can do what he does so much better, and should be given a chance against Exeter!

He's definitely taller than when he was shorter, but I take a different view on your other points.

Which one was the joke?
jesus-says-meme-generator-dude-you-re-too-funny-4cf61b.jpg

im sorry but you can't seriously think that conor thomas is better than swanson, barton or coulibaby

ccfcdale

I'm a massive Barton fan. I feel though when he's been given the chance he's not taken it. I remember against Doncaster the game he played at home he was different gravy

stupot07

I'm a massive Barton fan. I feel though when he's been given the chance he's not taken it. I remember against Doncaster the game he played at home he was different gravy

And how did he play a week later against Walsall?

2 successive managers have not rated him enough to play him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

i agree he's got a great touch and passing ability only he comes across as a bit too soft in the midfield however i'd have Barton over Thomas anyday

Seaside-Skyblue

I agree. He's quite a creative player and can probably open up defences with his passing.

The Philosopher

I agree with the OP. Some players excel at youth and then don't make it (Franny Jeffers comes to mind). Or go off the rails (Kevin Thornton). Thomas hasn't progressed as expected for whatever reason and is not (in current form) the right man for this team.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

i sit with a lad who loves Thomas (i dont understand it myself) he thinks he reads the game better than anyone else in the team and the reason people get annoyed with him is because he does the simple non glamorous stuff and nobody remembers it so take it as he is invisible during games.

Rusty Trombone

Tell me what Thomas does well then?

He does the following things well enough to stay in this side.

Passing and making himself available to receive a pass from teammates, thereby linking up play. We played better yesterday than the week before, and he is part of the difference.

LJC_CCFC

Passing and making himself available to receive a pass from teammates, thereby linking up play. We played better yesterday than the week before, and he is part of the difference.

So basically what any midfielder at this standard can do, yet nothing else. No he's not part of the difference, the difference was that Crawley (like 75% of the teams in the division) are shite, unlike PNE. We should be attacking these teams and not overcompensating in defence, winning 4/5-0 and not stuttering to a 2-2 draw #PressleyOut
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412504221.164212.jpg

Otis

Surely it's pointless having this same debate all over again ad nauseum.

Some people think he's doing okay, some people think he is dogshit. Can't see the point of continually arguing the point, when obviously some people's views are so entrenched they are never going to change their minds whatever anyone says to them.

Rusty Trombone

So basically what any midfielder at this standard can do, yet nothing else. No he's not part of the difference, the difference was that Crawley (like 75% of the teams in the division) are shite, unlike PNE. We should be attacking these teams and not overcompensating in defence, winning 4/5-0 and not stuttering to a 2-2 draw #PressleyOut
View attachment 3841

Yes, I think he could be classed as a league 1 standard midfielder, that's why I don't understand the abuse he gets.

Kingokings204

Connor Thomas is crap and we all know it. He plays as there is no better and he is a cheap option from the academy and the club can just Palm it off and believing in the Cov kids when really they are crap.

Jordan Clarke has made over 100 appearances for ccfc when is a real world he shouldn't of made one. That says it all.

we played better yesterday because we were playing crawley who are rubbish compared to a strong Preston side, well organised with a plethora of good players such as gallagher, humphrey and garner, you must be mad to think Conor Thomas made or even contributed to any difference on yesterday's performance

in fact, you must be mad to think he can 'link up play' he cannot mange even simple passes.

I just think that thomas is taking the place of another young midfielder who should be given as much game time as Thomas as had, over the last 3 years he's had plenty of time to improve and hasn't therefore SP is wasting time to continuously play him when we could be giving someone else the oppurtunity

Evo1883

He is weak , his passing is suspect considering its supposed to be his strong point , and he is lazy .
what do we know though eh , apparantly we were fantastic yesterday so i guess managers do actually know best

Rusty Trombone

He is weak , his passing is suspect considering its supposed to be his strong point , and he is lazy .
what do we know though eh , apparantly we were fantastic yesterday so i guess managers do actually know best

Ahhh, he's lazy now, that's a new one.

stupot07

League one player playing in a league one team accused of being league one standard shocker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread