connor thomas (1 Viewer)

ccfcmad1

Dont shoot the messenger, Evening gents theres been a lot of speculation on the forum to why connor thomas hasent featured as much as we all expected ill probaly get shot down by a few on here but just want to let everyone no the situation so here goes, Spoke to my uncle earlier who is also connors uncle he told me if he starts his 25th game he gets a new contract hes not happy about the way hes been frozen out and who could blame him? Also three clubs are intrested in him one being Mark robins Huddersfeild. Just goes to show the state the clubs in when we cant keep hold of anouther young player who wants to stay but in a way is being forced out the club

LarryGrayson

wingy

Well it fits the profile ,whether its true is a different matter ,but i believe it and the same of other players who are here now and have been in the past.:whistle:

ccfcmad1

The worst thing about it is, they wont play him to offer him a new deal and i dont know the ins and outs of it but cant see it being a huge amount a week couple of grand max for a good young player who wants to stay but then they pay out compo for pressley?

Sutty

Can they not offer him a new contract on the same terms, but minus this clause?

If playing games is important to him he'd jump at the opportunity I imagine. I like Thomas, we should do everything to get him into the side, certainly now the season's dead.

bradwellskyblues

If playing games is important to him he'd jump at the opportunity I imagine. I like Thomas, we should do everything to get him into the side, certainly now the season's dead.
Strange the CCfc website says he has over 40 apperances

stupot07

He's already made 27 career starts for us.

And he's only made 16 starts since signing his new contract in nov 2011.

ccfcmad1

Strange the CCfc website says he has over 40 apperances

Ive not come on here to talk rubbish this is what ive been told by a very reliable source and he said 25 starts not apperances of the bench obviously people will shoot me down and id probaly do the same just trying to let everyone no the situation ok his uncle might of lied why would he do that?

georgehudson

no reason to doubt you ccm1, that is just another example of the myopic way OUR CLUB is being run,
the aim should always be to keep & nurture our youth product,
it is well & truly overdue for this lot to make an exit now,
still Mr Linnell thinks we fans are a minority

kg82

Surely they could start him now though if he's only started 16 on this contract and we don't have enough games left to make it up to 25 this season?

skybluegod

Most clauses will be league starts if it involves earning a new contract after you have made X apps they don't usually include cup games because the player usually a youngster would play in cup games before league games.

mark82

I know he has been injured but if he was good as we all think he is (me included) would he not have been played regardless, at least brought on every game. Got to wonder if there is some other reason he is always overlooked. Maybe he isn't quite good enough or doesn't apply himself in training enough. I would love this kid to succeed but he has been talked about for a long time and doesn't seem to have quite broken through. Not always a conspiracy behind these things.

kg82

I know he has been injured but if he was good as we all think he is (me included) would he not have been played regardless, at least brought on every game. Got to wonder if there is some other reason he is always overlooked. Maybe he isn't quite good enough or doesn't apply himself in training enough. I would love this kid to succeed but he has been talked about for a long time and doesn't seem to have quite broken through. Not always a conspiracy behind these things.

The way our club is though I wouldn't be surprised if there IS a conspiracy behind everything!

georgehudson

keep the faith Conor, you ARE a good player,
stick with CCFC, we shall overcome,
a phoenix WILL rise from these ashes,
PUSB
the indefatigable spirit of Coventry is, & always will be there

ricohman

What type of money would we be looking at for him. 1 mil maybe?

Is robins saw his potential, but wasnt allowed to play him surely he wouldnt be cheeky enough to try get him on the cheap

We cant offer contracts due to the embargo the FL would not sanction it.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
you know what would improve his game the most ........... playing games. He would have been far more assured and stronger had he been playing regularly this season after recovering from injury..... but we invest in loan players. I think the lad will do well....... didnt Carsley say Thomas was always knocking on his door to play .........

Can understand people who would say "but the loan players got us to touching distance of playoffs" ........ but in the process I think we are about to lose a home grown talent for nothing when his contract ends.

frustrating when you look at some of the performances of those he could replace

lordsummerisle

Dont shoot the messenger, Evening gents theres been a lot of speculation on the forum to why connor thomas hasent featured as much as we all expected ill probaly get shot down by a few on here but just want to let everyone no the situation so here goes, Spoke to my uncle earlier who is also connors uncle he told me if he starts his 25th game he gets a new contract hes not happy about the way hes been frozen out and who could blame him? Also three clubs are intrested in him one being Mark robins Huddersfeild. Just goes to show the state the clubs in when we cant keep hold of anouther young player who wants to stay but in a way is being forced out the club

So Is Conor Thomas your cousin then?

ccfcmad1

Thought you were on the wind up, let me of just got home from work and before you ask its not bill either

ROLLO

We cant offer contracts due to the embargo the FL would not sanction it.

My understanding is that we can renegotiate contracts of players already here as they are already regestered to the club, what we are unable to do is regester new players to the club

dadgad

If what people are saying is true re - no.of performances/new contract - then you have got to feel for the lad. Another consequence of the awful way this club is being run.

Users who are viewing this thread