Confiscating Those Banners (1 Viewer)

les_miserables

Glad it happened, don't get me wrong i could get angry, but it shows the heat is getting to the board and SISU even that small deputation to Hanover Street had an affect. So what do we do now. Organise better. Next time we will be prepared for such tactics, but will they, We must become a visual pest, it is obviously SISU don't want adverse publicity, so through these websites we can move this forward, embarass SISU as much and often as possible, roll on the next home match and lets not forget we can demonstrate at away grounds too.

ajsccfc

It's to prevent people from having their view obscured. Roll out a banner saying 'SISU are lovely' and they'll be taken away for the duration of the game also.

Nick

Administrator
What about when the club put out the kit into the stand?

How can a banner on empty chairs block views?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Stewards were definately under strict instructions today.

Not often i agree with Stuart Lonnell but he just summed it up about how the orange steward (looked like an umpa lumpa to me) was completely in the wrong, the way he confiscated the banner and threw it to the floor! Hope he gets the sack for that!

I reckon we should each create a 'sisu out' banner on a piece of kitchen role like the 'we'll be back' one. Id like to see the stewards try and confiscate them individually! :)

Nick

Administrator

Not often i agree with Stuart Lonnell but he just summed it up about how the orange steward (looked like an umpa lumpa to me) was completely in the wrong, the way he confiscated the banner and threw it to the floor! Hope he gets the sack for that!

I reckon we should each create a 'sisu out' banner on a piece of kitchen role like the 'we'll be back' one. Id like to see the stewards try and confiscate them individually! :)

Criminal damage?

ajsccfc

What about when the club put out the kit into the stand?

It comes back to them very quickly, and not during the game.

It was funny to see the guys with the banner in the CET stand give them the runaround.

les_miserables

Taking that banner was a silly response by SISU, it has now attracted the press and the more of those get involved the more embarassing it becomes for SISU Capital who remember like to operate with discretion.

One interesting point is the ground is owned by the city council and the Higgs charity and run by ACL so who gave the okay for any adverse banners to be removed.

coundonskyblue

Taking that banner was a silly response by SISU, it has now attracted the press and the more of those get involved the more embarassing it becomes for SISU Capital who remember like to operate with discretion.

One interesting point is the ground is owned by the city council and the Higgs charity and run by ACL so who gave the okay for any adverse banners to be removed.

On matchdays though I think CCFC are in charge of crowd control, which they could claim their doing.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Don't think the decision to get stewards to get rid of the banner was SISU's. As mentioned on another thread they will get rid of any banner that size with no fire certificate

ajsccfc

The advertising things in the corners are hardly in the same realm, they're in place of seats.

coundonskyblue

Don't think the decision to get stewards to get rid of the banner was SISU's. As mentioned on another thread they will get rid of any banner that size with no fire certificate

What about the small banner in the Telegraph stand? That wasn't big.

Perfect example of the Sisu police state that the Ricoh has become. No questioning or criticism of the leaders allowed.

Otis

Disgraceful behaviour. That one steward threw the banner down with such anger and aggression. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Fine, confiscate the banner if they really have to (as petty as that is), but they could have just asked for it or taken it politely and said they could have it back at the end of the game. I believe that is what happened in CT Stand. The guy there handed the banner over eventually and there didn't seem to be much bad feeling at all.

The steward, apparently acting on behalf of the club just caused more resentment between the owners and the fans.

He should definitely should be disciplined if not sacked. It could have led to a lot of trouble if the fans had reacted any more angrily.

As for next tome should people wish to do it, I would suggest hundreds if not thousands of A4 or A3 signs, easily folded up and pocketed out of sight. I would like to see them try and confiscate a couple of thousand banners.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

As for next tome should people wish to do it, I would suggest hundreds if not thousands of A4 or A3 signs, easily folded up and pocketed out of sight. I would like to see them try and confiscate a couple of thousand banners.

I think that's the way to go if people are planning something for next time. Something visual that the stewards can realistically have no issue with.

Otis

Yes and they will screw it up angrily and deliberately throw it down in front of the fans just to show how wrong it was too. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

ajsccfc

Roll them up and stuff them in your pants. That way if they get confiscated at least you're getting a little something something out of it.

Nathccfc

I think the best bet is to write it on paper and hold it up even if there were hundreds of sisu out posters, or if you had it planned then it could be like one section an s then I and so forth but that would involve getting in contact with the club and do you really think they are going to oblige (don't think that is spelt right)

Nick

Administrator
True! I think Sisu would try to block it somehow! Would just need a pdf everyone can print and hold up at derby....

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Can anyone truly tell me the legal basis upon which the stewards can confiscate property?I don't subscribe to the blocking views, or fire theories as this would prevent the club's use of the large shirt

ajsccfc

The big shirt is back in the club's mitts before kick off or very soon after. It looked like they gave the banner back just before full-time, unless they had a second identical one?

Otis

Can anyone truly tell me the legal basis upon which the stewards can confiscate property?I don't subscribe to the blocking views, or fire theories as this would prevent the club's use of the large shirt

Tripping hazard and the corners of the banners are quite sharp and could blind someone.

Plus if it's a sheet it could give off bed bugs and dust mites when shaken.

gary_ccfcforever

I asked one of the orange chief stewards at half time,under whos instructions were they acting under when they took the banner, his reposnse was ' the cheif health and safety officer of the ground, he gave two reasons for this 1- fire risk (at which piont i advised it ok for the club to put a huge shirt in the crowd if they feel like it) and 2 it was derrogatory to the club at which i asked where our rights to freedom of speech were, to be fair the chap i spoke to said he understood the fans 100% and was a fan himself if was up to him no benner would have been confiscated,

steward number 26 was the guy, it was the way he did it more than anything, he seemed to enjoy it, tore it out their hands. went down and threw it away in disgust and them stood at the bottom of the stand looking up in a smug fashion. he needs sacking, he caused the problems today and it could have been far worse.

Otis

I asked one of the orange chief stewards at half time,under whos instructions were they acting under when they took the banner, his reposnse was ' the cheif health and safety officer of the ground, he gave two reasons for this 1- fire risk (at which piont i advised it ok for the club to put a huge shirt in the crowd if they feel like it) and 2 it was derrogatory to the club at which i asked where our rights to freedom of speech were, to be fair the chap i spoke to said he understood the fans 100% and was a fan himself if was up to him no benner would have been confiscated,

steward number 26 was the guy, it was the way he did it more than anything, he seemed to enjoy it, tore it out their hands. went down and threw it away in disgust and them stood at the bottom of the stand looking up in a smug fashion. he needs sacking, he caused the problems today and it could have been far worse.

Totally agree.

Users who are viewing this thread