confirmned by the club (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

This statement is nothing more than spin from Sisu mouthpiece Fisher.

They've been talking about ground sharing/building a new stadium for weeks so there's not really any new developments here.

It appears more like a publicity stunt - emotive phrases like 'being locked out' and 'no further room for negotiation' are merely feeble attempts to gain sympathy. It's pleasing to see that the majority of posters can see through the spin.

I wonder how much they paid their PR people for composing it?

Roll on May 16th - I'm not saying anything will be resolved, but at least there should be some genuine information about the true state Coventry City Football Club is in.

That's quite amusing - you have so much anti-SISU spin with equally emotive language (re: people seeing through/payment of PR) you must be feeling quite dizzy yourself?
Lets face it almost every statement which is not made in court is going to have spin whoever it comes from.

Ashdown1

Everyone keeps mentioning May 16th as if the administrator will suddenly reveal all. There is a very good chance that all Mr Appleton will say is that it is very confused or complicated and he needs more time to complete investigations

I bet he will at circa £300 per hour. Mr Administrator will be revelling in the complications, the more the merrier he'll be !!

SkyblueBazza

This is precisely what I said the other day - SISU being denied the chance. I understand this from the council/ACL but it does not look good on them does it in so much as having he towns football interest at heart? They should instead find a way to negotiate some sort of terms, even temporary so the people they represent and those fans don't suffer. Semms likean obligation to me. Throwing your dummy around merely continues the nonsense while a stadium and football clubs future remains unclear. If the GS ends up in LTD and if the Haskell bid ever comes to fruition then that would not marr any temporary arrangement with SISU. Trouble is they are all acting like kids fighting in a play ground. I think I may need a bigger club, maybe even a baseball bat borrowed from our new American friend to bash all their heads together...

It's a CITY mate...clue is in the name ;-)

honestken

Yes but surely we all know 'by the club' they mean the current distrusted owners. SISU have done a very good publicity job to engrain their deeds as deeds 'of the club' but people are not that stupid in reality.
sky blue taylor?? :)

TheRoyalScam

That's quite amusing - you have so much anti-SISU spin with equally emotive language (re: people seeing through/payment of PR) you must be feeling quite dizzy yourself?
Lets face it almost every statement which is not made in court is going to have spin whoever it comes from.

Glad I amused you, but I certainly don't feel 'dizzy' - perhaps you could give me an example of spin from ACL to back up your argument.

SkyblueBazza

Because you wrote this: 'Lets face it almost every statement which is not made in court is going to have spin whoever it comes from.'

Okay there is another post about ACL response...the word "flabbergasted" is emotive & spin: "ACL have consistently acted to try to save the football club and to ensure that the football club continues to play at the Ricoh Arena. Indeed, ACL has already committed a significant level of funding to ensure that the pitch is improved for next season, after the Club ceased to commit investment in the pitch towards the end of last season." Does that help? I mean significant investment could mean a box of B&Q grass seed

Sick Boy

On the other hand he may be saying nothing to keep speculation to a minimum unless something definitive to spare. Otherwise he be slated by non-SISU cock-suckers?

It is funny that those who are full of anti-sisu vitriol were the same people who would label those who didn't believe that sisu were the best thing ever as traitors.

Now that these people won't back ACL, again they label them as traitors and 'sisu rent boys' and other such touching names.

It is certainly entertaining.

torchomatic

Why not email him? I'm sure he'll be more than happy to hear from intelligent Sky Blues fans.

Administrator cant't make any statements far to busy being a sisu cocksucker....

TheRoyalScam

Okay there is another post about ACL response...the word "flabbergasted" is emotive & spin: "ACL have consistently acted to try to save the football club and to ensure that the football club continues to play at the Ricoh Arena. Indeed, ACL has already committed a significant level of funding to ensure that the pitch is improved for next season, after the Club ceased to commit investment in the pitch towards the end of last season." Does that help? I mean significant investment could mean a box of B&Q grass seed

I think we must agree to disagree.:D

I just wonder why I don't trust SISU/Fisher? Perhaps it's because of his claim to have paid £800k rent when £500k of it came from the escrow account, and his bizarre statement about ACL being a failing local council-owned business that he was not prepared to subsidize. Then again it could be Tim saying that failing to submit accounts on time and being under a transfer embargo is normal business practice. I could go on......and on.......;)

torchomatic

NorthernWisdom

Glad I amused you, but I certainly don't feel 'dizzy' - perhaps you could give me an example of spin from ACL to back up your argument.
Latest statement.

We simply cannot comprehend Mr Fisher's statement that he has supposedly been told that there is no room for negotiation or that negotiations have been rejected. If Mr Fisher has been told that, it was certainly not by anyone connected with ACL.

The Trust did a Q&A

ACL: No. We have put our best and final offer on the table after months of negotiation with both SISU and CCFC. It was a reasonable and generous offer, as recognised by all 3 CCFC directors in attendance on 29 January 2013, as they verbally accepted it and shook hands in confirmation. We are not prepared to make further concessions, nor do we believe that any mediator could reasonably expect that we would. The ball is in CCFC’s court. Negotiations are now at an end, and the Board of CCFC have been duly notified.

torchomatic

SkyblueBazza

I think we must agree to disagree.:D

I just wonder why I don't trust SISU/Fisher? Perhaps it's because of his claim to have paid £800k rent when £500k of it came from the escrow account, and his bizarre statement about ACL being a failing local council-owned business that he was not prepared to subsidize. Then again it could be Tim saying that failing to submit accounts on time and being under a transfer embargo is normal business practice. I could go on......and on.......;)

I'm with you in not trusting SISU/Fisher...but I don't trust ACL/CCC either. The only person I currently have faith in, & will have until I feel good reason not to have faith in him, is a certain Mr Appleton who I am happy to leave alone to quietly get on with his job.

dongonzalos

I'm with you in not trusting SISU/Fisher...but I don't trust ACL/CCC either. The only person I currently have faith in, & will have until I feel good reason not to have faith in him, is a certain Mr Appleton who I am happy to leave alone to quietly get on with his job.

The truth, indeed, is out—but the ears to hear it and the minds to learn from it seem to have been atrophied by a cultivated ignorance and a nearly total loss of critical insight.

NorthernWisdom

QFT.

I'm not going to blame a man who is only involved with our club thanks to the actions of a stadium management company and the club's owners.

SkyblueBazza

The truth, indeed, is out—but the ears to hear it and the minds to learn from it seem to have been atrophied by a cultivated ignorance and a nearly total loss of critical insight.

Ah - we've been down this route before haven't we? Besides what you state (& in complete contrast to it) some see things...some think they see things, & sometimes these things are there & sometimes they aren't. Something has perhaps happened to convince you that a belief of yours is truth. That makes you feel relieved & I guess you can now switch off thinking you were right. Maintain that feeling by ignoring all that is yet to come...unless it reinforces your argument & the nice warm feeling I sense you are having just now.

TheRoyalScam

Good quotes there, NorthernWisdom, and I stand corrected - I agree the part of the latest statement you quote is inaccurate spin!

I read it that the reduction from £1.3m to £400k rent was the final negotiation and had been agreed with Fisher/Sisu - when it was subsequently rejected ACL had got so fed up with trying to negotiate ('trying to nail jelly to a wall') that they decided enough was enough. Is it all water under the bridge now we're in administration, or does the offer still stand? Reading Fisher's words it seems that it is indeed the final offer.

dongonzalos

Ah - we've been down this route before haven't we? Besides what you state (& in complete contrast to it) some see things...some think they see things, & sometimes these things are there & sometimes they aren't. Something has perhaps happened to convince you that a belief of yours is truth. That makes you feel relieved & I guess you can now switch off thinking you were right. Maintain that feeling by ignoring all that is yet to come...unless it reinforces your argument & the nice warm feeling I sense you are having just now.

You are right the truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.

However on this occasion SISU have had their time messed up badly and need to now move out gracefully. Mr Appleton staying silent when the FA, MP's, SISU, ACL, potential buyers have their say. The only thing he ever said is this thing will take time.

A bit odd when a multimillionaire sits there drumming his fingers. Still I am sure they will be buses.

This time I am going with my prejudices and instincts, I think the truth will only turn out to be that puzzling for a select few

SkyblueBazza

You are right the truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.

However on this occasion SISU have had their time messed up badly and need to now move out gracefully. Mr Appleton staying silent when the FA, MP's, SISU, ACL, potential buyers have their say. The only thing he ever said is this thing will take time.

A bit odd when a multimillionaire sits there drumming his fingers. Still I am sure they will be buses.

This time I am going with my prejudices and instincts, I think the truth will only turn out to be that puzzling for a select few

Mr Appleton might already have sewn a deal with SISU & a new potential owner but part of that deal might mean staying quiet whilst stadium negotiations are wrangled with...we just don't know know.

James Smith

James Smith

In that same Q+A the club said that the handshakes 'were not intended as a sign of agreement but purely as a goodbye gesture'. Surely the most pathetic quote of the lot.

It made me laugh out loud, I thought I would try that line at the bank when discussing loans.

Mucca Mad Boys

They are failing supporters by moving away

It's a shame ACL have stabbed their supporters in the back, not what you'd expect from a charity and local government, at least we know what to expect from a 'Mayfair hedge fund', yet here, I can't quite tell which one is which...

DaleM

It's a shame ACL have stabbed their supporters in the back, not what you'd expect from a charity and local government, at least we know what to expect from a 'Mayfair hedge fund', yet here, I can't quite tell which one is which...

Oh here we go again . ACL didn't withold the rent money and did inFACT reduce it to a third of what it is now. Bore the fuck off

Grendel

Oh here we go again . ACL didn't withold the rent money and did inFACT reduce it to a third of what it is now. Bore the feck off

Interesting. So if a new owner came in and said - right I'm putting £10 million into the club but this rent sucks and will only agree £100,000 what side will you be in if ACL say no? Where is your REAL loyalty dale? Club or council quango?

Users who are viewing this thread