Confirmed! - Michael Rose - Ayr (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Yep as long as they offered him a contact on same or better terms, which he has rejected, because he's under age of 23 they still get comp

I always thought the compo was to cover early training costs so surely it should go to Aberdeen?

Nick

Administrator
Yep as long as they offered him a contact on same or better terms, which he has rejected, because he's under age of 23 they still get comp

Even though they had signed him from somebody else? I thought they had to go through their academy.

Does that work with players like Allisanni from us?

ceetee

Surely Ayr would have paid compo to Aberdeen
If Aberdeen dumped him on to Ayr then presumably they waived their right to compo.
Alternatively Aberdeen may have let him go free to Ayr on condition that compo was paid if there was a subsequent move.
There are several possibilities.
And as for us agreeing to ongoing payments, perhaps other clubs just want to grab him for free, and CCFC did the decent thing by offering consideration for a pre-contract agreement.
There was something similar with Rangers and John Fleck

Nick

Administrator
Surely Ayr would have paid compo to Aberdeen
If Aberdeen dumped him on to Ayr then presumably they waived their right to compo.
Alternatively Aberdeen may have let him go free to Ayr on condition that compo was paid if there was a subsequent move.
There are several possibilities.
And as for us agreeing to ongoing payments, perhaps other clubs just want to grab him for free, and CCFC did the decent thing by offering consideration for a pre-contract agreement.
There was something similar with Rangers and John Fleck

Surely a pre contract would be down to whoever is going to give the player the best deal and nothing to do with the club if he is out of contract?

skybluegod

I always thought the compo was to cover early training costs so surely it should go to Aberdeen?
Even though they had signed him from somebody else? I thought they had to go through their academy.

Does that work with players like Allisanni from us?

I may be wrong, but im 99% sure that it still counts, it isn't necessarily due to him coming from the youth team, it is a development fee, so because he has been there from age 20-23, they still had a part in his development, and so are entitled to compensation.

That's my understanding, and pretty sure i'm right on that...

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I may be wrong, but im 99% sure that it still counts, it isn't necessarily due to him coming from the youth team, it is a development fee, so because he has been there form age 20-23, they still had a part in his development, and so are entitled to compensation.

That's my understanding, and pretty sure i'm right on that...

So if we offered Allisanni or players like him a contract and they wanted to move we would get some money?

skybluegod

So if we offered Allisanni or players like him a contract and they wanted to move we would get some money?

Yep, it is normally a very nominal fee in cases where they haven't been at the club long, or weren't brought through the youth teams, hence why we probably agreed to a sell on... as long as they are under the age of 24, think the amount of money will increase dependent on number of appearances, etc.

Liquid Gold

Compo is on a sliding scale based on how long they've had him. We're normally in a good position because most of our players start with us when really young so we're owed more. One of the reasons Thomas' move to Leicester took ages. If he's been there for a year or so then they wont be owed much. To be honest as we're a different country they might not be owed anything.

Nick

Administrator
Compo is on a sliding scale based on how long they've had him. We're normally in a good position because most of our players start with us when really young so we're owed more. One of the reasons Thomas' move to Leicester took ages. If he's been there for a year or so then they wont be owed much. To be honest as we're a different country they might not be owed anything.

Fuck em, just say Brexit and hang up.

Captain Dart

upload_2019-1-23_11-7-48.png
Out of contract in Summer & signed pre-contract agreement.

Nick

Administrator
Just ask the Honest Men what's happened.

Do you think they never dive or appeal for corners that aren't theirs?

I used to play football with a bloke who was too honest. If he was offside he would stop and hold his hands up or tell the ref if it came off him last and should be a corner.

A really nice honest bloke but really not cut out for Sunday League rules of appeal for everything and anything.

Captain Dart

Can you update us on Julian Gray and Freddie Eastwood? I hope they sign for us.

My reason for posting was quite reasonable and sensible, it is the only picture in of the guy the thread.
Julian sends his regards and no one has seen Freddy since he went off to 'look at a horse'.

PS Try to be a better person.

Nick

Administrator
My reason for posting was quite reasonable and sensible, it is the only picture in of the guy the thread.
Julian sends his regards and no one has seen Freddy since he went off to 'look at a horse'.

PS Try to be a better person.

It was (as usual) reposting stuff that has already been said.

PS. Enjoy your day at Wembley with Cov United and the rest of the anti CCFC frothers. Let's hope you aren't charged per alias as you would all be forking out a fair bit.

PPS. Have a nice day. Watch yourself on the Ice. Don't eat yellow snow.

chiefdave

I know players go where the money is but surely his agent must have asked if we're going to have somewhere to play next season and been satisfied with the response.

Nick

Administrator
I know players go where the money is but surely his agent must have asked if we're going to have somewhere to play next season and been satisfied with the response.

The same as Drysdale who has just signed.

They seem confident enough about it.

vow

It's like Shank Land watching our strikers shoot! :)

It's on the official now:

Can you update us on Julian Gray and Freddie Eastwood? I hope they sign for us.

:playful::pompus::emoji_smiling_imp: :)

Nick

Administrator
It's all up in the Ayr at the moment

Off we go on this thread. Punalicious!

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 2477

Cant believe people are getting so excited about a centre half from the sweaty sock league because he has scored twice. Hardly a massive signing to sought out the main problem of having a team who cant score

Otis

Do you think they never dive or appeal for corners that aren't theirs?

I used to play football with a bloke who was too honest. If he was offside he would stop and hold his hands up or tell the ref if it came off him last and should be a corner.

A really nice honest bloke but really not cut out for Sunday League rules of appeal for everything and anything.
So we HAVE actually met then!

Brighton Sky Blue

Cant believe people are getting so excited about a centre half from the sweaty sock league because he has scored twice. Hardly a massive signing to sought out the main problem of having a team who cant score

More likely that Willis or Davies is not renewing

Users who are viewing this thread