Transfer Rumour Confirmed - Bradley Collins (1 Viewer)

ptr

Wilson went the bulk of 2021/22 and the very beginning of last season second fiddle to Moore to be fair
That’s what I’m saying, he was never first choice. If you are dropped as first choice, rarely do you come back from it.

no_loyalty

I was impressed with his distribution, looked to get things moving immediately. Wilson tends to hang onto the ball for too long before releasing it.

AFCCOVENTRY

He’s a lot more confident with the ball at his feet and kicking etc all good. Needs a run now to see just how good he is. We spent £700k on him and he’s 26. So could become a good keeper for us for a number of years.

Great_Expectations

His whole thing is supposed to be distribution isn’t it? Sweeper keeper type, good with his feet etc?

Not saying he’s bad at all, but I’d like more of that. Today he was slow at times or picked an odd ball. He loves the goal kick feint too, which is subsequently telegraphed.

Been impressed with other elements of his game. I just expected a higher level distribution wise.

Sky Blue Pete

His whole thing is supposed to be distribution isn’t it? Sweeper keeper type, good with his feet etc?

Not saying he’s bad at all, but I’d like more of that. Today he was slow at times or picked an odd ball. He loves the goal kick feint too, which is subsequently telegraphed.

Been impressed with other elements of his game. I just expected a higher level distribution wise.
They pressed so high up his only ball was wright which we played a lot quite rightly

AFCCOVENTRY

This guy is so much better than Wilson, another one that should have been in from the start of the season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I think Robins was fair as players that got us to the play off final last year still had credit in the bank. But it’s clear to see that Collins plays the sweeper keeper role very well. Made a couple of good saves last night as well.

Great_Expectations

Really don’t want to come across as though he’s a boo boy or I dislike him. But my concerns re his lack of ability as a ‘sweeper keeper’ have increased and his other attributes are also coming into question too. For example he parries a lot.

He’s solid enough, I’m not suggesting he isn’t good enough for us, but not convinced he’s a significant upgrade on Wilson nor is he a top Championship keeper at this point.

Time to improve, but underwhelmed so far.

NB. purposely not mentioning tonight’s free kick as don’t want this to seem a reactionary post based purely on that.

slowpoke

I’ve not seen a replay but I’m not blaming Collins down to a stupid foul from Sheaf right on the area.

lord_garrincha

Is the general level of goalkeeping poorer than what it was, say 30-40 years ago, or is our expectations too high?

The high-profile keepers currently under the microscope are Onana & Raya (who came through the EFL), who are not covering themselves in glory.

Luton signed Kaminski for the PL, who is average to me.

Is expecting them to be a L1 level midfielder impacting on them? Bit like picking a spinner because he averages 25 with the bat & can field a bit?

robbiethemole

From block 28 it looked like the guy dived over Sheaf’s leg, so very soft decision. Collins was perhaps one pace too close to the middle of the goal, but I thought he’d got to it, no blame attached there. The ref was a replacement for Gavin Ward and was very lenient especially towards them and I think was conned for the only free-kick that mattered

Astute

I’ve not seen a replay but I’m not blaming Collins down to a stupid foul from Sheaf right on the area.
Watched the game. Seen the replays. It wasn't a foul.

I don't get the anti Sheaf thing. Good game tonight.

Reactions: AOM

SBAndy

His positioning was all over the place tonight in my opinion. Strange, his confidence just seems to have ebbed away these last few games.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Better than Wilson (managing the defense and passing comfortably amongst them easily) but parries every shot which is an odd style but working for him currently but both Wilson and Moore got done doing the same and he got that set up wrong tonight for the second

clint van damme

You have to admit his basic positioning has been questionable with a few of the goals he's conceded.

Definitely for the 2nd goal tonight.
Just find it weird how some people can give keepers so little credit for clean sheets but jump on their mistakes

BrisbaneBronco

I think Wilson would have saved that free kick. In fact I think most Championship keepers would have done and I tend to agree with you on what I have seen so far. I think he's been lucky not to have conceded more.
By the same token, Collins would have saved the howler Wilson let in v WBA. Swings and roundabouts really. Hard to imagine Wilson getting splinters in his backside after last season when he was superb, that said Collins has done okay imo.

Users who are viewing this thread