Concerned now (4 Viewers)

skyblue1991

I think you’ve got confused.

Fat Nick banned the Wi-Fi at my gym, unsure why but he’s clearly not the brightest.

The gym would be the only place I couldn’t post from… of course I could just use my 5G like any normal person but fat Nick hasn’t figured that out yet
Is there any need to call people fat? What happened to treating people with kindness?

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

shmmeee

I'd be amazed if we signed more than 6/7 players this summer.

We need that many if we don’t lose anyone not out of contract TBH. I’d be disappointed if that’s all we sign, unless Sheaf stays and Collins sticks as number one.

fatso

He’s seen League 1 players celebrating promotion and wants it himself, can’t blame him and his peak value is now.

Slight issue of needing top flight clubs to be interested and prepared to pay what we want though.
It's not an issue, if no one meets our asking price then he stays. He's under contract here, so keeping him for another season isn't a problem.

I'm sure Mr King won't sell him unless it's a deal that suits MR and a replacement is brought in.

Mucca Mad Boys

This is it
Which is why we have a 5 year plan and not a 3 year plan!

We’ve got to trust the process. The foundations are there and just need building on.

If we get £50-60m for Simms, Wright and MVE, it sets the club up for the long term.

The CableGuy

As long as the money coming in goes back into the club I’m happy.

Just wondering if that money will be allocated to new players or infrastructure improvements. I know we've done work on improving facilities at Ryton but I get the feeling there more to be done there?

I recall King saying the training ground/infrastructure was 'embarrassing' when he took over, is that still the case?

JSL

Its starting to sink in that when who was leaving last summer was announced we panicked and bought anyone who was offered to us for those positions rather than who we had identified who we really wanted for whatever reason. Most likely inflated prices as people knew we had the Vik money. I can partly understand that having got to mid August with no centre backs to speak off and a lack of players overall in the squad.

Mucca Mad Boys

Cliche bingo completed!

Cliches indeed, but it’s true nonetheless. There needs to be a bit of perspective of where we’re actually at.

In the many conversations I’ve had on this forum, there’s been times where our depth and quality has been over stated. At this point of the season, the chickens have come to roost (another cliche for you) because we’re short on both quality and quantity in our team.

hamil99

Facebook User
I think you should calm down, have a think about it and you’ll understand. @PVA is halfway there so perhaps if you work together you’ll figure it out.

If G has to spell it out for you 2, whilst it would be ‘wonderful to see’, it will be rather embarrassing

Maybe if you pulled out of Grendel and stopped day drinking, people would put a modicum of respect your way.

Martw

As you know I've been banging the Sheaf is staying drum for a while and that we will use Vik money

Thats not correct now. Sheaf has said he would like a crack at the premier league. Which we cannot blame him for of course

With his current value at its highest dont be surprised if we lose him

For me, if we do, that is too much of a rebuild again for the summer

Moore
Kelly
O'Hare
Bidwell
Godden
Sheaf
Allen

To replace, and then add more.
Feel very deflated hearing that to be honest
You said a short while ago that the signings were ones that you had been told to be excited about, does that still hold true?

napolimp

Haven't read through the entire thread, but got the general gist and don't understand the problem. We have supposedly built a well-rounded team this season where losing any one player is not too big an issue. Sheaf's a great player, but I assume we will replace and move on. I also assume that he would only be allowed to leave for a significant fee, and so fits in with the model of purchasing players on cheaper side, developing them, and selling for profit.

SleepyGinger

Its starting to sink in that when who was leaving last summer was announced we panicked and bought anyone who was offered to us for those positions rather than who we had identified who we really wanted for whatever reason. Most likely inflated prices as people knew we had the Vik money. I can partly understand that having got to mid August with no centre backs to speak off and a lack of players overall in the squad.
Who are you referring to? The only signing that doesn’t look worth what we paid is Kitching and we chased him all Summer

Alkhen

This is it
But that's just the system isn't it?

Either we mount a serious challenge next season and go up or fail and lose a few key players. it's natural players want to push on in their career. Nothing to stress about. All are on 4 year deals for this exact reason. I'd imagine we'd profit hugely and repeat the process.

If a player does well enough to warrant a move to a bigger challenge we can't really stand in their way. I'm sure Doug and Robins would love to keep Sheaf but if he wants to move on it won't do any good standing in his way. Cash in and replace. He has been class but we have also survived for periods without him.

Same with O'Hare, annoying he leaves on a free but we got such value from him we can't be too sour. I'm sure the recruitment team have been doing their research on replacements.

Bidwell is the only other on that list that seems odd. But again people were calling for his head 6 months ago and it's only really his end of season form that has changed a lot of people's opinions.

It's mental people are calling to get rid of JDS and Lati. They are on long contracts. It just isn't happening. Anyhow as mentioned they are quality backup and both cover a few positions. We need depth in the squad more than anything.

PVA

It's the same every summer. The o.t.t meltdowns. We are in a mucher better place than last year where we had a squad with considerabley more loans, 2 star players who were going to leave.

We have the foundations of a much stronger starting point.

I think there are reasons to be excited.

Agreed, last year we were moving on the likes of Dabo, Walker, Rose etc and keeping Allen, Kelly, Godden etc as important squad players. The fact they’re now surplus to requirements shows we’ve improved the squad.

shmmeee

25k/week to around 20k/week isn't considerably less.

Do you think he signed for us on less than 20k/week?

Lads, do players leaving PL teams for £3.5m command wages as high as older ones leaving a mid table championship side with their contract paid up?

Users who are viewing this thread