Concerned now (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Realistically what kind of Premier League can we see Sheaf moving to?

Leicester, Ipswich, Crystal Palace may all be looking for a central midfielder.

pusbccfc

I know people will disagree but I wouldn't lose sleep over selling Sheaf. The strategy still remains the same even under Doug. Buy cheap, sell high.

I would be disappointed at the figure we'd get for him. I don't think it will be as high as people would hope.

Brighton Sky Blue

I know people will disagree but I wouldn't lose sleep over selling Sheaf. The strategy still remains the same even under Doug. Buy cheap, sell high.

I would be disappointed at the figure we'd get for him. I don't think it will be as high as people would hope.
Being English is always a boost for transfer fees for a start. He’s worth an 8 figure sum and wouldn’t go for less than that.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Hopefully your source is pissed off about last night and thought “I know, I’ll do that Bajcetic thing again…”

In all seriousness, sad if true and will feel slightly like another overhaul in the summer given the level of player we’ll be letting go just when we all thought we’d be perhaps be in more control. That’s football.
Unfortunately its not a bajcetic situation

Mucca Mad Boys

As you know I've been banging the Sheaf is staying drum for a while and that we will use Vik money

Thats not correct now. Sheaf has said he would like a crack at the premier league. Which we cannot blame him for of course

With his current value at its highest dont be surprised if we lose him

For me, if we do, that is too much of a rebuild again for the summer

Moore
Kelly
O'Hare
Bidwell
Godden
Sheaf
Allen

To replace, and then add more.
Feel very deflated hearing that to be honest

Most of those players need to be upgraded upon tbf. Sheaf is a big loss but we’ve had to replace better players (Vik and Gus).

Get some windfall from Vik, Hamer and a large fee for Sheaf and that’s a cause for optimism. It’s an opportunity to get the quality and quantity of players we need through the door.

Viktor17

As you know I've been banging the Sheaf is staying drum for a while and that we will use Vik money

Thats not correct now. Sheaf has said he would like a crack at the premier league. Which we cannot blame him for of course

Moore
Kelly
O'Hare
Bidwell
Godden
Sheaf
Allen

Well that’s a blow. But again, must be done early. Sheaf money could be spent on 2/3 more ready made players rather that rougher diamonds - hopefully meaning less of rebuild.

Otis

Moore
Kelly
O'Hare
Bidwell
Godden
Sheaf
Allen

I don't think I mind losing most of them to be honest. Moore, Kelly, Godden, Allen. We definitely need an upgrade on them

We know COH was going, so that's not a shock and though I like Bidwell, Robins clearly doesn't rate him that highly, so I am not surprised at that news.

I do trust Robins, so I hope he has the common sense to never play Da Silva at left back again.

BlueSkiesForever

I’m feeling exactly the same as you Saddle, I’m beginning to think the “reinvest the money into cheaper options” model isn’t working. We took a duo that scored basically half our goals last season and replaced them with a load of okay-ish players but ones that are too afraid to have a shot at goal or actually run at players, take defences on (bar maybe Saka, MVE, Wright, Simms). The majority of weeks I see a midfield that moves the ball around well but can’t do anything with it and a defence that spontaneously crumbles for no reason.

We need a hell of a lot of players to not only replace our current options but to add depth to the squad. New keeper, new pacey LB, new midfielder for Sheaf, an upgrade on Eccles, winger cover for injuries/suspensions, O’Hare replacement, new CB for rotation etc etc, the list goes on. If we ever want to get serious about getting into the prem then we need a shit load of money spending on the team because in it’s current state it’s really not promotion worthy.

Brighton Sky Blue

While hasn't actually said to the club he wants to leave people should remember:

a) There is a succession plan for all players
b) We will be in better shape next year as we are recruiting for a system we actually play
Last summer we were also recruiting for a system we actually played. The problem being that the system turned out not to be fit for purpose.

If it happens again next season we’re as we were.

JSL

Its the same anywhere tough. Standout players eventually want to play in a higher division or for the better teams. Even if we made it to the PL, they would still want to move to 'bigger' clubs for a higher chance of trophy success.

Sick Boy

I’m feeling exactly the same as you Saddle, I’m beginning to think the “reinvest the money into cheaper options” model isn’t working. We took a duo that scored basically half our goals last season and replaced them with a load of okay-ish players but ones that are too afraid to have a shot at goal or actually run at players, take defences on. The majority of weeks I see a team that moves the ball around well but can’t do anything with it and a defence that spontaneously crumbles for no reason.

We need a hell of a lot of players to not only replace our current options but to add depth to the squad. New keeper, new pacey LB, new midfielder for Sheaf, an upgrade on Eccles, winger cover for injuries/suspensions, O’Hare replacement, new CB for rotation etc etc, the list goes on. If we ever want to get serious about getting into the prem then we need a shit load of money spending on the team but it’s just not promotion worthy in its current state.
Simms and Wright have nearly scored 20 goals each, they’ve been hugely successful. We need top stop signing Chelsea youth players though.

We’ll have to be aiming for the play-offs, automatic promotion is probably too far off without investment rather than reinvestment, IMO.

Chris1987

So what? They were cheap signings (£0 and £0.5m) to fill out a squad. Not every player is going to be a £3M+ signing who goes to the PL.
Yes but they are on decent length contracts and obviously part of the wage structure. That's not cheap. There was no mention of transfer fees paid in my post either or any expectation of going to the PL . No idea what your point is as currently neither justify a place in the squad currently in my opinion.

David O'Day

Simms and Wright have nearly scored 20 goals each, they’ve been hugely successful. We need top stop signing Chelsea youth players though.

We’ll have to be aiming for the play-offs, automatic promotion is probably too far off without investment rather than reinvestment, IMO.
haven't we outscored last year?

it's not the attackers who are the problem

Matt smith

Moore
Kelly
O'Hare
Bidwell
Godden
Sheaf
Allen

It’s the model mate, I get your argument but we need to build a squad and it’s only half way there.

BlueSkiesForever

Sorry I literally just edited it because forgot to mention Simms/Wright/Saka/MVE have actually been decent. I get that the King model sort of works but the rest of the team really needs rejuvenating, and I’m concerned that King just won’t spend a bit of his own money unless we get it from sales.

JSL

JDS and Lati were free (aside some compensation for Lati and Collins was £600k. There is an old adage which says you get what you pay for

Martw

Moore
Kelly
O'Hare
Bidwell
Godden
Sheaf
Allen

Is that a list of who you think might be leaving or are absolutely leaving

Trueskyblue20

I think it was likely Sheaf was always going to leave and he absolutely deserves a chance to make the step up, I for one would wish him all the best.

I am feeling massively positive for next year. The big difference is last year we had just about enough first team seniors for a 5 aside team in pre season which was embarrassing. Couple this with the fact we should have £20+ million to invest (Vik money, Sheaf money, possible Hamer money, FA cup run, leftover transfer funds).

Even with sheaf going we should have;

Collins
MVE
Thomas
Kitching
Bidwell
Eccles
Torp
Palmer
Sakamoto
Simms
Wright

Wilson
Lati
JDS
Burroughs
Allen
EMC
Tavares

That is a fantastic starting point for a squad with some decent options from the bench before we’ve even made an incoming transfer.

Add a few permanent players of real quality to starting line up alongside 1/2 top end loans and I think we have the best squad we have had for years and really should be challenging up at the top of the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hincha

I know our form has dropped off a cliff but some of the doom and gloom on here is ridiculous.

This season we've signed players who are now top 6 quality (Simms, Saka, Wright, MvE) or have the potential to (Thomas, Kitching, Collins, Torp).

Sheaf will probably leave - but if we have a similar hit rate to this year we will improve as a squad.

Users who are viewing this thread