Concept kits (1 Viewer)

Joy Division

A reprise of the Ribero paint splash print would be an absolute winner for me. I actually contacted the old director of Ribero about licensing the artwork but he claimed to be in talks with the club about retro reproductions (this was several years ago so obviously nothing happened). Since then several other clubs (most notably Norwich) have re-released officially approved retro kits using the same pattern, and also incorporated it into a kit made by Errea, so I’m pretty sure there’s no legal obstacle to Hummel using the pattern.

I’d love to see us do something more creative and new with our away kit though. I’m pretty bored of all black or all white. Something I would love to see is a Salmon pink kit. Some other clubs have done this in the past (Man Utd, Juventus to name a couple) and they’ve fast become fan favourites.

I've never quite got the love for that Ribero kit, its a bit of a novelty for the bizarre design but never considered a classic like the old Hummel ones which was worth a remake. I think we should be looking at making something unique this season rather than the retrospective throwbacks.

kapowaz

Here’s a good example of the kind of pink away kit I think would work great for us:
everton-20-21-training%2B%25283%2529.jpg

kapowaz

Ive seen a few of these floating around in various colours, not sure they are genuine. the badges on the real ones were attached not printed. also why is there blue behind the crest?

My guess is because these aren’t legit, but made by the booming trade in reasonably accurate counterfeits. I’ve never seen a yellow/black check design before, so it could just be speculative. The lack of detail on the collar is crucial: the real shirts incorporated check all around the collar too, but since that’s woven and not as cheap to produce, knockoffs probably wouldn’t bother.

AlansEyes

Ive seen a few of these floating around in various colours, not sure they are genuine. the badges on the real ones were attached not printed. also why is there blue behind the crest?
I think the claim is that it was a prototype and so not widely manufactured and so doesnt have the same details as the final kit. It could just be fake as well, of course.

Just a sidenote on kits from that year (and the previous year, I think) I really don't like the badge, it faded horrendously and they just seem a bit cheaper compared to the stitched badges.

Reactions: TTG

jim20

I think the claim is that it was a prototype and so not widely manufactured and so doesnt have the same details as the final kit. It could just be fake as well, of course.

Just a sidenote on kits from that year (and the previous year, I think) I really don't like the badge, it faded horrendously and they just seem a bit cheaper compared to the stitched badges.

I think it’s likely to be a fake. Also the guy selling its added to the description he expects payment in 2 days or will open a no payment case. I understand wanting payment in 2 days, but opening a case can get people banned, anything I sell if I don’t get payment I message the buyer and then if I don’t hear I re-list. Could just be me looking for holes in his account mind!

David O'Day

I think it’s likely to be a fake. Also the guy selling its added to the description he expects payment in 2 days or will open a no payment case. I understand wanting payment in 2 days, but opening a case can get people banned, anything I sell if I don’t get payment I message the buyer and then if I don’t hear I re-list. Could just be me looking for holes in his account mind!

Yeah it just looks wrong, it looks like you are squinting at it

ajsccfc

I'd love a pink kit, so long as it's more the Palermo shade than the radioactive thing we had Joe Murphy playing in

_62696265_joe_murphy.jpg

AlansEyes

Gone already, I hope it's not a fake for the sake of the person who has paid £85 for it!

chiefdave

Sure these prototypes are all fake. They were unheard of until recently. Can anyone really see some of the owners, chairmen and kit manufacturers going to all that trouble?

Fergusons_Beard

Here’s a good example of the kind of pink away kit I think would work great for us:
everton-20-21-training%2B%25283%2529.jpg

Sometimes you come up with some bloody awful suggestions Kap!

The red away is bad enough but pink-have a word with yourself.

I can think of a million better away kit colours before we get there!

Only my opinion but fuck me the colour is terrible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

A reprise of the Ribero paint splash print would be an absolute winner for me. I actually contacted the old director of Ribero about licensing the artwork but he claimed to be in talks with the club about retro reproductions (this was several years ago so obviously nothing happened). Since then several other clubs (most notably Norwich) have re-released officially approved retro kits using the same pattern, and also incorporated it into a kit made by Errea, so I’m pretty sure there’s no legal obstacle to Hummel using the pattern.

I’d love to see us do something more creative and new with our away kit though. I’m pretty bored of all black or all white. Something I would love to see is a Salmon pink kit. Some other clubs have done this in the past (Man Utd, Juventus to name a couple) and they’ve fast become fan favourites.

Is the standard arrangement that the kit designer will own the IP in the shirt then? Do you know how the contracts work in general, i.e do the club pay Hummel or vice versa?

pipkin73

Those hummel chevrones look like they have been stuck on as an after though or he fell on the floor in the supermarket and the one way stickers got stuck to him.

ajsccfc

The club shop apparently reopened yesterday and has some of the new training stuff available, not up on the online store yet though

AlansEyes

I've been looking for old kits quite a bit in recent weeks, now is it just my nostalgia for the 90s clouding my judgement, or did we have a real run of truly shit shirts from 2003 right through until last season? Some of those Puma City Link shirts are particularly dreadful.

Gray

I've been looking for old kits quite a bit in recent weeks, now is it just my nostalgia for the 90s clouding my judgement, or did we have a real run of truly shit shirts from 2003 right through until last season? Some of those Puma City Link shirts are particularly dreadful.

Yeah probably from time we got relegated, didn't even have a kit make for a few years... There was the awfully massive all skyblue thing that I always always Lee Hughes in.

AlansEyes

Yeah probably from time we got relegated, didn't even have a kit make for a few years... There was the awfully massive all skyblue thing that I always always Lee Hughes in.
Like I said, I'm sure some of it is nostalgia as I will always prefer those 90s kits that I had a kid, but so many of the kits from mid 2000s onwards just look cheap and dull.

Alkhen

Agreed, bar a few away kits and the 60s throwback we have had an awful run.

living through the early 2000 sky-blue leisure no manufacturer shirts was painful. Not living in Cov everyone assumed they were knock offs when I wore them to 5-a-side.

I quite liked the midrepo Nike home shirt dispite it being a template. It was plain and the sponsor was less ugly than the other Nike shirts

Last edited:

Fergusons_Beard

No you’re right.

Even the stripey Le Coc shirts were terrible but Our Premiership misty eyes gets in the way of really looking at how bloody terrible they really were!

After relegation-Fuckin Awfull designs-even down to the extremely cheap & nasty thick polyester material those ‘kit @‘ shirts were made of!

Wasn’t until 2006 puma where we finally wore a truely great kit.

bd679916d8cfbcb9cd7759db28ce62fb.jpg

Alkhen

No you’re right.

Even the stripey Le Coc shirts were terrible but Our Premiership misty eyes gets in the way of really looking at how bloody terrible they really were!

giphy.gif

No way man those were stone cold classics, would love another navy striped shirt. That horrific one we had when Leon Clarke was playing the pits tho.

ajsccfc

I remember mine being baggy as hell, almost a 90s throwback. Contrast that with the year we had the Brazil away kit, the same size by the same company and it was ridiculously tight. (I'm discounting the chance that I packed on timber in the years between for the sake of ego)

Users who are viewing this thread