computer locking up (1 Viewer)

1940 oldfive

Hi, can anyone please help,once I click on to coventry city general chat it takes about 30secs. before everything freezes. b.b.c. telegraph in fact any other site no problems, this has only come in to effect since your new server came online. HELP.:confused:

Nick

Administrator
What browser are you using? A couple of people have mentioned it so I am just trying to find out a pattern.

Covstu

i had the same problem a few days ago and i think it is linked to when nick has changed server. Mine just come good after a few days!!

1940 oldfive

computer locking

What browser are you using? A couple of people have mentioned it so I am just trying to find out a pattern.

Just tried using google chrome and it works fine:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I find it all a bit slow as well Nick. I'm on IE9. Never had a preoblem before. It loads pages eventually, but as OP says, it can take up to 30 odd seconds for each page. (and as for clearing cookies, yep, I cleared them all, especially the chocolate chip ones! Mmmm!)

Darth Robins

Hold down the Windows key + R and type cmd into that box and hit OK.

Then in the black box that pops up type "ipconfig /flushdns" without the quotes then try it again, usually helps with that sort of problem in IE!

Disorganised1

I find it locking up at work - OK tonight - I put it down to a beefed up security system we have recently installed after an attempted cyber attack.
I tried it on Firefox because we are on an antiquated IE, but still locked up - task manager says it is running, but nothing happens.

Still OK tonight.

Grendel

When the server changed this problem was apparant with Explorer - it was fine in Google Chrome and Safari. The problem seems to have corrected itself on Explorer now as well.

Users who are viewing this thread