Complain lodged against FL (1 Viewer)

Looks like a shot over the bows to allow the FL to avoid legal proceedings. As has been said many times, this will get very messy and very expensive if someone doesn't get a grip. Real Football Real Fans is really looking like a load of bo:censored:cks

BurbageSkyBlues

This is taken from the FL site......the irony that a fan of our local rivals should have the power to effectively confine us to the footballing dustbin, and whilst claiming to represent football clubs 'at the heart of their communities' !!!!

Greg Clarke was appointed Chairman of The Football League in March 2010.

During a successful business career he has led a number of large public companies, in the UK and overseas, including Cable and Wireless Communications PLC and Lend Lease Corporation. He has more than thirty years experience in the media, telecommunications, financial services and property industries and served two terms as a non executive director of Bupa. He holds an honours degree in business studies and an MBA, and is married with four children.

A lifelong Leicester City fan and season ticket holder, Greg joined the Board of Leicester City PLC in 2000, before taking the position of Chairman in August 2002.

On taking up the position of Chairman of The Football League Greg Clarke said: "I am honoured to be taking up the position of Chairman of The Football League. As a lifelong and committed football fan it is a privilege to serve the game in this capacity.

"My time at Leicester City provided an insight into the challenges clubs face on a daily basis. The lessons learnt from that experience will not be forgotten.

"I look forward to joining a highly successful organisation whose clubs are at the heart of their communities.I intend to build on The League's recent successes and represent all our 72 clubs."

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
will offer this thought ............ If the Football League had been fit for purpose, specifically a simple robust system for checking where the registrations of players were supposed to be under their own rules, then the whole process for ccfc could well have been very different. If they can not manage properly the simplest of tasks that is at the core of their purpose can we have confidence in anything else they do

justvisiting

Don't expect any increase in competence now that Shaun Harvey's been named Chief Executive. He was supposedly in charge of Leeds during the 2 most recent administrations although no one seems to be able to point to anything he did except say "yes, boss" to anything Ken Bates wanted.

stupot07

I imagine ACL rejecting the CVA and therefore liquidating Ltd will give the FL and FA get out of jail cards.

John_Silletts_Nose

will offer this thought ............ If the Football League had been fit for purpose, specifically a simple robust system for checking where the registrations of players were supposed to be under their own rules, then the whole process for ccfc could well have been very different. If they can not manage properly the simplest of tasks that is at the core of their purpose can we have confidence in anything else they do

You raise a very good point, but the FL rules allow for the TPPO (third party player ownership) under their own interpretation of the rules. Unusually, the rules of the governing body, The English FA, are much stricter in the interpretation of TPPO, mainly due to the Tevez affair at West Ham some years ago. Hopefully by referring this to the FA and other breaches of the rules the FA will be empowered to enforce the rules to support good ownership of the club and ensure the FL have to have "Real Football for Real Fans".

Sadly, I think this will come to nothing as the FA and FL are ineffective in managing football due to the power of the businesses that own the clubs and they runscared of litigation as soon as it is mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread