Come January (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBri

I know we seem to have a bucket load of strickers but are any of them good enough to score 20 goals per season? I think we need an old head in there if only for 1 season Chaplin May be one for the future we need one now. For £500k I’m sure we could get a decent striker in from division 2 or McNulty back on loan

Sky Blue Harry H

January is a crap time for making permanent signings. Anybody decent, nobody will release. Only half decent ones are those being loaned out to recover from injuries, or more kids = though you may get another Luke Thomas type - but may get an Andre Wright!. Need to persevere with what we have and make signings in the summer (assuming we have a team and ground!)

fernandopartridge

I know we seem to have a bucket load of strickers but are any of them good enough to score 20 goals per season? I think we need an old head in there if only for 1 season Chaplin May be one for the future we need one now. For £500k I’m sure we could get a decent striker in from division 2 or McNulty back on loan
No no no, tried the old head short term fix numerous times and it rarely works

christonabike

Maybe if our strikers received service Chaplin wouldn’t be in midfield and JCH in no mans land looking for fouls.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I don't think there will be any permanent signings , loans maybe.

Too much uncertainty regarding next season .

Magwitch

Recent history shows us our January signings permanent or loans haven’t been spectacular. What we should be looking at in my opinion now not January is tweeking how we play, this one up top is fraut with problems unless you have real and consistent quality at centre forward, it invites defences forward and into our midfield space and consequently possession is surrendered. Time and again now our second half performances are trying to contain rather than attack. Results like Fleetwood where we go from being well on top first half to a bollocking second will increase.

Covstu

Shit time to recruit and relies on the domino effect to get the market moving. We don’t need a striker we need wide men in my opinion but likely to be loaners over this period. MR needs to make decisions on key roles I.e. is Ogogo going to replace Doyle, is Bayliss good enough in the centre? We crack our midfield issues I think we can make playoffs.
The club will get the usual criticism if we don’t sign 20 players but I think we all need to remember we brought a new team at the start of the season so don’t expect any signings on a permanent basis

Pete in Portugal

The most likely scenario in January is that we might get a left winger / striker on loan. At best, we might get one of the players from Arsenal U23 who impressed MR when they beat us. But even then, they will be green and not necessarily fully match fit.

cc84cov

Shame but I think we’re locked into Chaplin deal as if was loan I feel he would be going back 500k is mad money compared to what we could of got for that money.

no_loyalty

What about Ayr United striker Lawrence Shankland? As someone on here has previously mentioned, 26 goals in 23 games including 4 last night.

oucho

What about Ayr United striker Lawrence Shankland? As someone on here has previously mentioned, 26 goals in 23 games including 4 last night.

That name sounds like it ought to be the name of someone who has broken out of Alcatraz.

Users who are viewing this thread