Collins (1 Viewer)

SBT

He looks miles better than Wilson in every aspect of the game. He made two absolutely outstanding saves today at crucial times. Long may it continue.

pusbccfc

Love a keeper coming out to punch and claim crosses.

Nobbie_67

He looks miles better than Wilson in every aspect of the game. He made two absolutely outstanding saves today at crucial times. Long may it continue.
He was superb today, that save low down to his right in the first half was immense, you'd never think he'd been sat on the bench for months being that sharp. Great game, loved it.

Chris1987

Refreshing to see a keeper coming off his line for crosses and the central defence knowing that he's going to do this. Looks so much better with a back 4 and Kitching & Bidwell have had a real positive impact.

PVA

There was one cross he came for right on the edge of the box where I had my heart in my mouth, as he came a looong way for it.

And one bad pass where we had a chance to counter.

But other than that he was very solid, and looks calm and confident too.

PVA

To be honest, he's never really been a hero has he? Other than the Blackburn goal which we will always remember him fondly for, but its been obvious to everyone hes not very good, and had the best back line in the league after Jan in Fadz Doyle and McNally

As good as the back line was, Wilson was good in his own right, he barely put a foot wrong after January.

stevefloyd

How good does it feel to have a confident keeper who’s good with his feet.

stupidly written off as a waste of a signing by a lot of people, he won’t be dropped for a while now.

2 clean sheets in 2.
More to the point how good does it feel about a keeper who can actually catch a ball

CCFCSteve

To be honest, he's never really been a hero has he? Other than the Blackburn goal which we will always remember him fondly for, but its been obvious to everyone hes not very good, and had the best back line in the league after Jan in Fadz Doyle and McNally

He’s definitely a bit of a cult hero. People like the guy. Always a bit suspect at crosses but good shot stopper and looks like a great character to have around dressing room

shmmeee

He’s definitely a bit of a cult hero. People like the guy. Always a bit suspect at crosses but good shot stopper and looks like a great character to have around dressing room

Actually saw some data from this season saying he’s about league average for crosses claimed and below average for shit stopping. I was surprised.

CCFCSteve

Actually saw some data from this season saying he’s about league average for crosses claimed and below average for shit stopping. I was surprised.

Wow. Very ! I’ve always been concerned about his command of his six yard box and general decisiveness. Maybe he’s just pulled off some top saves and it’s masked some shots he could’ve saved 🤷‍♂️ Surprised by that though

shmmeee

Wow. Very ! I’ve always been concerned about his command of his six yard box and general decisiveness. Maybe he’s just pulled off some top saves and it’s masked some shots he could’ve saved 🤷‍♂️ Surprised by that though

I suspect there’s more to the data. Like possible Wilson doesn’t come and defenders get more of crosses than most. Not sure if it’s a percentage of all crosses or what.

PVA

I suspect there’s more to the data. Like possible Wilson doesn’t come and defenders get more of crosses than most. Not sure if it’s a percentage of all crosses or what.

Yes he has stopped 6.9% of crosses this season, which puts him 20th of 36.

His xG rating is -0.19 per game, which has him 31st of 36.

Collins, small sample size of course, currently ranks 3rd for crosses and 2nd for xG.

SkyBlueMatt

:ROFLMAO: Yet we talk about player loyalty. Collins has come in, been solid and had a good couple of games. Which is fantastic and I'm all for having competition. The keeper that was involved in our playoff run is now a leper who has done nothing for us.

It's right that Collins looks to be our number one now but talk about an overreaction.

shmmeee

:ROFLMAO: Yet we talk about player loyalty. Collins has come in, been solid and had a good couple of games. Which is fantastic and I'm all for having competition. The keeper that was involved in our playoff run is now a leper who has done nothing for us.

It's right that Collins looks to be our number one now but talk about an overreaction.

TBF he was a leper who briefly became Jesus, and is now back to previous.

harvey098

Wilson got us into the playoffs last season - at both ends of the pitch. He’ll always be respected by me.

Also, some of those Collins saves were parried back into danger, they score from the rebound and the same reactionary posters on this thread would be slagging him. I like the look of Collins but I also don’t think Wilson was the disaster this season that some people have made out.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wilson got us into the playoffs last season - at both ends of the pitch. He’ll always be respected by me.

Also, some of those Collins saves were parried back into danger, they score from the rebound and the same reactionary posters on this thread would be slagging him. I like the look of Collins but I also don’t think Wilson was the disaster this season that some people have made out.
Wilson lost the plot for two games so it was fair enough that Collins got his chance.

ptr

Moore was a disaster last year. We talk about the off field stuff but quite honestly, Moore was one of the reasons we started so badly. Coming out for crosses he didn’t need to etc.

Wilson came in and was excellent. He did however have a solid defence. This year he has not been the same but he’s not been what Moore was last year. That save at QPR was outstanding. Still think it was time for a Collins to get a chance though.

Greggs

Any keepers out there that could explain his position for their first goal. Even Wright would have scored against that.

Users who are viewing this thread