Collection Buckets for the Hull game (1 Viewer)

Hi Guys,

In the absence of any realistic takeover proposal, with the only offer so far for the club being worth £1.

Why don't us the members of Sky Blue Talk (the real fans) organise a bucket collection so we can launch our own takeover bid?

I am more than willing to stand outside the ground collecting funds, would anybody else be up for this?

Cheers

JT

Hi Guys,

In the absence of any realistic takeover proposal, with the only offer so far for the club being worth £1.

Why don't us the members of Sky Blue Talk (the real fans) organise a bucket collection so we can launch our own takeover bid?

I am more than willing to stand outside the ground collecting funds, would anybody else be up for this?

Cheers

JT

Try here with this

Forum / off-topic / bad joke corner

WillieStanley

You think that 11000 people will raise enough money to viably solve Coventrys long term future and trust a complete stranger with that money?

brinner

raise £300 and hire out 1 of them planes with a sisu out banner on the end of it for the brighton home game!

Bloodnut1964

I have a better idea.

Coventry has a fan base of about 12000 maybe give or take a few, if we all bunged in £50 each we could buy a player for £600,000

How cool would that be?

I can see the headlines now "City fans buy their own player"

Pie in the sky I know but I for one would put in.

I have a better idea.

Coventry has a fan base of about 12000 maybe give or take a few, if we all bunged in £50 each we could buy a player for £600,000

How cool would that be?

Exactly mate. This lot have no imagination.

ccfctommy

I have a better idea.

How cool would that be?

Leonard is that you!?

skybluejelly

you will need to get a permit off the council,and then need the money audited and signed off by an accountant,..

WillieStanley

After all the money I put into the club on an annual basis, my wife would kill me. There is no way I could justify that.

Bloodnut1964

After all the money I put into the club on an annual basis, my wife would kill me. There is no way I could justify that.

I am sure we could all cut back on something to raise the money, like not having a few beers for a few days or cutting out smoking for a day or two, anything you can think of to save money, maybe we could even organise charity events, like boot sales where we all contribute something, a sponsored walk/run/Swim/Footy Match/Darts Match/head shave anything.
Even for those who don't have season tickets and go every week could miss a game and put the money in the pot instead, after all it would only be one game and the benefits would be a big step in the right direction.
I am sure we could all sacrifice something for the love of our club?
I'm just trying to think out the box instead of protests and idle talk, let's get something real going for a change.

Mexico70

I have a better idea.

How cool would that be?

SISU sniper

Mexico70

What does that mean please?

Original post from mexico88:

Marketing, PR, and the sniper from within.
Just thought you might like to know:

A good PR company always has 'Sleeper accounts' (now before you say WTF??? - read on...)

'Sleeper accounts' are set up in multiples to engage naturally in forums, twitter, facebook , etc and can post ordinary comments on regular topics. Once these accounts have gathered some history (Posts, tweets, time registered) - people become less suspect when they back a cause or support an opinion.

An organisation like Max Clifford, for arguments sake, has hundreds of fake twitter accounts all running of software to tweet and post. When PR is bad, they activate some backing for a brand or a cause that is receiving bad press - due to the 'history' of the account (Taking part as a regular and contributing to the community) the opinion isn't discounted as there is some sense of the account being 'one of us'

I propose that the clubs PR engine is smarter than you think! There are a few strange posts popping up on this forum today...

EG: "the game shouldn't be expensive and they usually do "Kids for a Quid" and that sort of thing for these games." - 'Lets have a great attendance' "We need the team to concentrate on winning games with the decent enough squad we have available."

Funny that, just when the campaign to boycott is gathering momentum?

If there's a few on here... It means we are getting to them! Back the boycott!

But me and mexico70 are legit!

Who else is legit and how do we know we can trust ya?

Bloodnut1964

Original post from mexico88:

Marketing, PR, and the sniper from within.
Just thought you might like to know:

A good PR company always has 'Sleeper accounts' (now before you say WTF??? - read on...)

'Sleeper accounts' are set up in multiples to engage naturally in forums, twitter, facebook , etc and can post ordinary comments on regular topics. Once these accounts have gathered some history (Posts, tweets, time registered) - people become less suspect when they back a cause or support an opinion.

An organisation like Max Clifford, for arguments sake, has hundreds of fake twitter accounts all running of software to tweet and post. When PR is bad, they activate some backing for a brand or a cause that is receiving bad press - due to the 'history' of the account (Taking part as a regular and contributing to the community) the opinion isn't discounted as there is some sense of the account being 'one of us'

I propose that the clubs PR engine is smarter than you think! There are a few strange posts popping up on this forum today...

EG: "the game shouldn't be expensive and they usually do "Kids for a Quid" and that sort of thing for these games." - 'Lets have a great attendance' "We need the team to concentrate on winning games with the decent enough squad we have available."

Funny that, just when the campaign to boycott is gathering momentum?

If there's a few on here... It means we are getting to them! Back the boycott!

But me and mexico70 are legit!

Who else is legit and how do we know we can trust ya?

So you think i'm a sniper? lol

Bloodnut1964

no mate, only joking

Well thank you co's I am just A Cov City fan who is trying to be positive to help the club, instead of boycotting or protesting and being negative, which isn't going to help anyone.

I know what I suggested isn't realistically going to happen but we should be positive instead of negative all the time.

speedie87

I have a better idea.

How cool would that be?

i along with a bunch of other people (we call ourselves season ticket holders) put in £300 odd quid to help buy players...........

funny thing is....it didn't happen

Bloodnut1964

i along with a bunch of other people (we call ourselves season ticket holders) put in £300 odd quid to help buy players...........

funny thing is....it didn't happen

No your money don't go just for the buying of players it goes to the club for running expenses etc etc etc.......

Anyways I was just saying let's be positive co's the way things are at the moment we are getting and going nowhere fast!

I personally don't think boycotting games and protests will do anything because of the small amount of people that will support it.

I am not saying my idea would work either but at least it was positive.

speedie87

sorry was being a tad sarcastic above.

i'm fully behind any ideas that help raise money for the club rather than the boycott idea which reduces the clubs income and therefore budget and therefore quality on the pitch.

The whole situation is a chicken and egg case......do the club spend money we don't have in the hope it pays off and we get a bit of success and then start increasing revenues etc.

or do fans come back out the woodwork start putting money into the club and increasing the clubs funds...which can then be invested, which then snowballs in more success more fans more money etc etc

Nonleagueherewecome

But would you trust SISU with any funds we raise? And what about when they flog him for a profit-do we get to re-invest it, or do they say he went for an "undisclosed" and keep the difference?

It's a scheme that, if workable at all, certainly is not under these dirty little pieces of work. The vast majority of fans hate them with a passion that shall never dim-we aren't about to trust them again.

Bloodnut1964

But would you trust SISU with any funds we raise? And what about when they flog him for a profit-do we get to re-invest it, or do they say he went for an "undisclosed" and keep the difference?

It's a scheme that, if workable at all, certainly is not under these dirty little pieces of work. The vast majority of fans hate them with a passion that shall never dim-we aren't about to trust them again.

The way I see it is it's for the good of the club, People like SISU come and go but I'm on about saving our club and being proud of it.
If and i'm only saying if we could get it up and running, it would be a massive boost for the club.
We have got the power of the internet, Facebook is massive compared to the few on this forum and the press as in The Coventry Telegraph.
I don't think it would take much organising either, and I'm sure if got enough publicity it would soon gather pace and we could use the collection bucket idea around the City centre.

All we need is someone to do it?

brinner

sorry was being a tad sarcastic above.

i'm fully behind any ideas that help raise money for the club rather than the boycott idea which reduces the clubs income and therefore budget and therefore quality on the pitch.

The whole situation is a chicken and egg case......do the club spend money we don't have in the hope it pays off and we get a bit of success and then start increasing revenues etc.

or do fans come back out the woodwork start putting money into the club and increasing the clubs funds...which can then be invested, which then snowballs in more success more fans more money etc etc
thing is sisu had the perfect oppurtunity after the 1st season when they had actually invested a bit of money in a few good players like westy, dann, fox, gunnar etc.

we had a bit of success in the cup and the fans responded, as we have heard off various sources we then had the chance to go 1 of 2 ways, invest a bit in the likes of henderson and carroll (maybe) and carry on improving or go the other way and sell dann, fox best etc and lie to our other best players about new contracts hence pissing them off so they leave at the end of their current deals like westy, gunnar and soon to be cranie and clingan.

we all know what happend next.

brinner

and a major problem with buying a player under the current regime would be sisu would piss that player off and then they would leave for fuck all :D

last 4 player of the seasons:

Jay Tabb, subsequently sold to reading 6 months later for £500k as he wasnt offerd a new deal even tho promised 1.

Aron Gunnarsson, recently left for a undisclosed tribunal fee as he didnt sign a contract as took sisu 2 years to do what they promised and by then it was too late.

Kieran Westwood, see above apart from he went for nothing.

Marlon King, Promised a 3 year deal but faxed a 2 year 1, pissed about so he went blues.

Users who are viewing this thread