Coleman has a dig at SISU during Wales conference! (1 Viewer)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Will you please stop trying to use Mcdonald to justify your errant arguments, Wyken. People would take the product of your troubled mind much more seriously if you didn't keep pointing the finger at a player who wasn't fit when he arrived and has played 5 games :mad:

CUS Wyken

Will you please stop trying to use Mcdonald to justify your errant arguments, Wyken. People would take the product of your troubled mind much more seriously if you didn't keep pointing the finger at a player who wasn't fit when he arrived and has played 5 games :mad:

He's started 8 games and played 11 in total.

Well judging on him so far. He’s started 8 games and scored 1 goal. Yes only a short period of time but he’s had plenty of chances to score and missed.

I want McDonald to be a success and i want every player and manager to be a success at this club but you have to realise that the manager and the players are not good enough and plus SISU are the powers that be... it’s going to be a recipe for disaster.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Well judging on him so far. He’s started 8 games and scored 1 goal. Yes only a short period of time but he’s had plenty of chances to score and missed.

I want McDonald to be a success and i want every player and manager to be a success at this club but you have to realise that the manager and the players are not good enough and plus SISU are the powers that be... it’s going to be a recipe for disaster.

If you were a boxing coach, would you throw the towel in if your corner lost the first round, giving it up as a 'bad job'?

CUS Wyken

If you were a boxing coach, would you throw the towel in if your corner lost the first round, giving it up as a 'bad job'?

What is it with you and your shit ‘if you were a..... load of bollocks. We’re talking football yet you keep going off on something else.

Back to football.

I f i was a manager of a team bottom of the league i would be thinking, right obviously at the moment, something not right. I’ll try something new and training all week and try it in a few games. I’ll start getting my players to pass the ball forward and get my forward to make more movement and get more support from my midfield.

I’d ditch the ineffective diamond and bring in 3-5-2 (Wing backs) most of our goals come from the full backs.

Team i’d use if fit would be as follows

Murphy
HH – CB
Craine - CB
Keogh – CB
Christie (RWB)
Hussey (LWB)
Deegan (CM)
Clingan (CM)
Baker (Freerole behind front 2)
Mcdonald
Platt

Each to their own opinions but in my eyes that would cause teams more problems than our current formation and has plenty of experience which is needed at this current time.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Let me keep things nice and simple for you then, as I suspect you like things that way Wyken. Five games or eight - whatever. Anyway....

Q: Is less than 10 games sufficient to rule a man's career a success or not?

Simple yes or no please

CUS Wyken

Let me keep things nice and simple for you then, as I suspect you like things that way Wyken. Five games or eight - whatever. Anyway....

Q: Is less than 10 games sufficient to rule a man's career a success or not?

Simple yes or no please

You really are a strange creature.

I’ve gave you a response about what formation we should play and your response is about a striker who has played 10 games. 10 games equivalent to 900 mins of football. During that time, he had over 7 great chances i can think off to score and he converted one. Awful shots to goal ratio

I’d love to see a full season from him and then we will know but going on what we’ve seen so far he’s not good enough for championship

Answer me a SIMPLE question. What tactics, substitutions would you say Thorn has done for us this season that changed a match for the better?

torchomatic

Wood I don't agree with. I think he's the best defender at the club. McDonald scored 25 in the lower leagues, so why complain if that's where we are going to end up. Plus, he's been injured too much and not been given a decent chance.

Baker and Bell are also alright on their day, though admittedly "their day" doesn't happen too often.

SISU are mugs and i hate them for not investing more but Every club could say the same about players they could have got?

Let’s look at the current crop and many are what Thorn recommended and bought in.

For every good player he spotted, he spotted some tripe aswell.

Bell League 1 standard
Baker League 1 standard
McDonald League 1 standard
Wood League 1 standard and Roy O’D (Sunday League standard)

You get league 1 players you end up playing league 1 football.

CUS Wyken

Wood I don't agree with. I think he's the best defender at the club. McDonald scored 25 in the lower leagues, so why complain if that's where we are going to end up. Plus, he's been injured too much and not been given a decent chance.

Baker and Bell are also alright on their day, though admittedly "their day" doesn't happen too often.

McDonald scored goals at Gillingham (Who were in League 2) whilst Norwich was in this league. If he was Championship standard then Norwich would not have loaned him out last season.

I'd take Paul Lambert judge of player ahead of Thorn any day of the week.

Cody M is a league 1 player at best.

Torch if you don't think these players are that bad, why are we bottom then?

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Yet again Wyken, you meander away from the point. This thread started talking about Coleman talking about SISU.

As if my magic, you manage to change it's ambition and you're back to McDonald being a failure, and this being symptomatic of Thorn's bad scouting.

Like a collie trying to herd an errant yew, I tried to get you to focus the limited mental capacity at your disposal to at least deal with that issue before you wandered off again. Hence a simple yes or no request. But I'd missed my chance, as you'd already moved onto recommended formations by then.

Do you sometimes go to the doctors and ask him what aisle the Corn Flakes are on?

mark82

SISU are mugs and i hate them for not investing more but Every club could say the same about players they could have got?

Let’s look at the current crop and many are what Thorn recommended and bought in.

For every good player he spotted, he spotted some tripe aswell.

Bell League 1 standard
Baker League 1 standard
McDonald League 1 standard
Wood League 1 standard and Roy O’D (Sunday League standard)

You get league 1 players you end up playing league 1 football.

What makes you think Wood & Bell were scouted by Thorn? These players played in the Championship and would have been known to the manager at the time.

torchomatic

I never said they were the best in the division. I said that Wood was the best defender at the club. Bell/Baker play well went they want to, which I said wasn't enough and I said that McDonald scored plenty in the lower leagues. Those are the facts as I see them.

As for McDonald would have stayed at Norwich if he was good enough. Well, you could say that about any player, couldn't you? Why didn't Juke stay at Everton if he was that good, for example?

You don't like McDonald and you won't give him a chance. Good for you. Not everyone feels the same.

Torch if you don't think these players are that bad, why are we bottom then?

mark82

What is it with you and your shit ‘if you were a..... load of bollocks. We’re talking football yet you keep going off on something else.

Back to football.

I f i was a manager of a team bottom of the league i would be thinking, right obviously at the moment, something not right. I’ll try something new and training all week and try it in a few games. I’ll start getting my players to pass the ball forward and get my forward to make more movement and get more support from my midfield.

I’d ditch the ineffective diamond and bring in 3-5-2 (Wing backs) most of our goals come from the full backs.

Team i’d use if fit would be as follows

Murphy
HH – CB
Craine - CB
Keogh – CB
Christie (RWB)
Hussey (LWB)
Deegan (CM)
Clingan (CM)
Baker (Freerole behind front 2)
Mcdonald
Platt

Each to their own opinions but in my eyes that would cause teams more problems than our current formation and has plenty of experience which is needed at this current time.

Actually quite like that formation. Would take some of the defensive duty off Hussey & Christie

CUS Wyken

I never said they were the best in the division. I said that Wood was the best defender at the club. Bell/Baker play well went they want to, which I said wasn't enough and I said that McDonald scored plenty in the lower leagues. Those are the facts as I see them.

As for McDonald would have stayed at Norwich if he was good enough. Well, you could say that about any player, couldn't you? Why didn't Juke stay at Everton if he was that good, for example?

You don't like McDonald and you won't give him a chance. Good for you. Not everyone feels the same.

I didn't say i don't like McDonald but so far he has not delivered for whatever reason.

You should be a spin doctor... i didn't say you did say that they were the best in the league. so in your opinion are those players good enough to keep us up?
Juke was at a Premership team. Everton felt he weren;t good enough for the Prem.
McDoanld was at a championship club and Norwich thought he weren't good enough for the championship.

Bloodnut1964

Wyken why are you now saying the players are not good enough, when in an earlier post you said it was the tactics?
You can't have it all ways mate.
I can see your frustrated, just like the rest of us are but blaming Individuals is not the answer, the answer is SISU, they are the problem.
We have been left with a poor bunch of players and teenage kids who are still learning their trade.
I am not totally convinced we will be relegated yet thou, looking at the table there are other clubs struggling with bad form, especially Nottingham Forest who are getting hammered week in week out at the moment.
Iif these new players we have just captured can make an impact, I am sure we can turn things around and be in with a fighting chance.

torchomatic

How about an injury that has limited his appearances to 8 games in five months.

Best was with a Championship club who didn't think he was good enough for their team. Doing alright now, isn't he? Your one-size-fits-all argument doesn't wash really, does it?

I didn't say i don't like McDonald but so far he has not delivered for whatever reason.

CUS Wyken

How about an injury that has limited his appearances to 8 games in five months.

Best was with a Championship club who didn't think he was good enough for their team. Doing alright now, isn't he? Your one-size-fits-all argument doesn't wash really, does it?

Nice swerve on my question spin doctor...

Do you think these players are good enough to keep us up?

Yes or no?

torchomatic

Yes, they are. *In my opinion.

*That is my opinion, just mine, not yours or anyone else's, just mine. Just wanted to be clear.

Nice swerve on my question spin doctor...

Do you think these players are good enough to keep us up?

Yes or no?

torchomatic

A mixture of reasons. Lack of investment, bad luck, individual mistakes by players, mistakes by the manager, sitting back and not killing teams off. etc

I know your little obsession is AT and that is the whole point of your argument, and I am not stupid enough to say he has been blameless, but that is just one small part of the bigger picture.

So in your opinion why are we bottom Torch?

torchomatic

No, the players aren't that bad. But they need help which is why Thorn is desperate to bolster the squad and give us options. Why can't you "get" that? You have a very black and white view of everything, life isn't like that.

That’s why I don’t get their argument.

On one hand they say these players are not that bad then next they say well Thorn has no tools to work.

Bit like Pot calling the kettle black.

CUS Wyken

A mixture of reasons. Lack of investment, bad luck, individual mistakes by players, mistakes by the manager, sitting back and not killing teams off. etc

I know your little obsession is AT and that is the whole point of your argument, and I am not stupid enough to say he has been blameless, but that is just one small part of the bigger picture.

I haven’t got an obsession with Thorn... I would love to be proved wrong but i don’t get why so many think he’s the man to keep us up.

The first 26 games of the season have proved otherwise espeically been 7 points away from safety.

I know we have no alternative but i don’t get why so many think he’s doing a good job.

Its because they feel sorry for him. Simple as that.

CUS Wyken

No, the players aren't that bad. But they need help which is why Thorn is desperate to bolster the squad and give us options. Why can't you "get" that? You have a very black and white view of everything, life isn't like that.

I can't get that because were 7 points off.

Are we really that bad of team no... but the league table reckons so and thats what matters.

torchomatic

I couldn't agree more, which is why I've said that mistakes by Thorn as well as the players has compounded the situation off the pitch where lack of investment has been a major problem this season.

Are we really that bad of team no... but the league table reckons so and thats what matters.

KersleyDigs

NO-ONE would keep our current squad in this division.

Thorn should only be judged when given a budget that is competitive.

If we get taken over and he gets a bit of cash, then doesn't win games, he'll be out the door. That's how I see it.

dadgad

Thorn played a blinder today and knew instantly how to utilise Nimely. Thank God we've stuck by him as he is the only person who can get us out of the shit. Also, you have to admire the bloke for sticking to his guns while having to endure the idiot element going into meltdown.....
PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread