Cold callers. Meet your match! (1 Viewer)

Cov City Daytrader 87

No it's not a device that you install next the phone called 'Trucall', but a guy who forced a cold calling firm to pay up for wasting his time.

Now normally you tell them to get lost and put the phone down, but then why not charge them for wasting your time?

Brilliant!

Therefore we should name this gentleman as 'Mr Cold caller buster' and salute him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wins-damages-time-wasted-answering-phone.html

LewSkyBlue

i normally waste their time by going through with it all, giving nonsensical ansers and thenchanging my mind at the last minute.

OR i do this:

*ring ring, ring ring*

Me: Hello?
Them: Their spiel about where they are calling from
Me: Sorry where did you say you was calling from?
Them: wherever it is they are
Me: Ohh so sorry me no speaka english
Them: confused as hell
:claping hands:

Otis

i have a few responses ready.

1. Pretend I am not who I am, so when they ask to speak to me i tell them I don't exist.

2. Say, 'just hang on a minute' then just place the receiver on the table and go off and do something else, leaving them on hold for 15-20 mins.

3. When they say 'Do you have the adequate life cover?' I reply with 'Do you have adequate life cover?' And every question they ask I just ask back. Really irritates the hell out of them.

4. I just start talking in a language that doesn't exist, something along the lines of the Swedish chef from the Muppets.

wingy

1. Pretend I am not who I am, so when they ask to speak to me i tell them I don't exist.

2. Say, 'just hang on a minute' then just place the receiver on the table and go off and do something else, leaving them on hold for 15-20 mins.

3. When they say 'Do you have the adequate life cover?' I reply with 'Do you have adequate life cover?' And every question they ask I just ask back. Really irritates the hell out of them.

4. I just start talking in a language that doesn't exist, something along the lines of the Swedish chef from the Muppets.

You've just put me in mind of the restaraunt scene of ronnie Barkers "F U N E M N X"
Waitress"NO V F N 10 E M N X":facepalm:

stupot07

Ha ha that made me laugh. Last time they phoned me, I kept saying "hello" in an inquisitive tone as if I couldn't hear them.....they soon hung up!

jon92

They ring up saying that they have noticed your Microsoft computer has been crashing lately and they want u to install software which is a virus.

Funny thing was he said my windows computer is crashing I said that would help if I had one. He replied wot u got then? I said a mac and he put phone down

http://m.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/mar/23/hoax-microsoft-windows-security-calls?cat=money&type=article

Last edited:

redsox

Facebook User
They ring up saying that they have noticed your Microsoft computer has been crashing lately and they want u to install software which is a virus.

Funny thing was he said my windows computer is crashing I said that would help if I had one. He replied wot u got then? I said a mac and he put phone down

My http://m.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/...windows-security-calls?cat=money&type=article

Father had a call from them about a year ago, they said that he had a virus or something and they could get rid for £100. He told them to do one, thankfully.;)

stupot07

I had a virus on my missus computer that said I needed to pay £85 for an extra plug in for the virus software, it literally locked the computer off so you couldn't do anything. I knew it must have been a scam and was lucky we had another laptop to google the remedy and download the free anti virus software to remove it.

Astute

I just tell them how much of a sexy voice they have...man or woman and ask if they want to meet me. Strangely enough I very rarely get any calls anymore.

Used to keep a whistle near the phone but the little ones used to pick it up and use it all the time. soon found out how irritating it was

Users who are viewing this thread