Match Thread Colchester United vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 9th Nov (1 Viewer)

Paul Anthony

Good thing is we made it comfortably, no new injuries to worry about. Job done.

Having McFadzean and Biamou missing for Rochdale is concerning. They're a bogey team and I think McFadzean's experience would certainly have been very useful.

Gazolba

And 4 key players still to come back from injury/suspension: Godden, Max, Jones and Allen.

We have the foundations for a strong season if we get those 4 lads back on the pitch together.
Why do people keep talking about "getting Allen back". He's never played for us yet, so he'll be making his debut.

cc84cov

I have a feeling that Pask is going to be an important player for us over the next 2-3 seasons. Looks to have all the credentials.*

*I usually think this way about new signings I haven't seen play - it's the hope of being a CCFC fan.
Very Highly rated at West Ham mate I also think he will be a big player for us

clint van damme

Perhaps I’m reading too much into it but it seems like the writing is on the wall for Kastaneer if Robins didn’t even want to put 10 or 20 minutes into his legs at 2-0 up in a first round tie.

Good win though - first away win since Sunderland.

A professional athlete letting himself get as out of shape as Kastaneer is is criminal.
No matter what ability he has if his attitude is as poor as it see then I think you're right and his days are numbered.

cc84cov

A professional athlete letting himself get as out of shape as Kastaneer is is criminal.
No matter what ability he has if his attitude is as poor as it see then I think you're right and his days are numbered.
A signing that comes down to management & scouting system...can’t see the reasons behind signing the guy

SlowerThanPlatt

It would have been a gamble worth taking for a year but I can’t see the logic behind offering someone with so few starts and not exactly rave reviews from his other clubs a three year contract.

At least we have Jones coming back and Bapaga breaking through

Sky Blue Harry H

About half the teams in our league drew today, so a load of extra games for injuries etc. nice to see Sunderland will have to travel to Kent and back in midweek before our game with them. Happy Days,

SlowerThanPlatt

Just seen that Fleetwood and Oxford’s games are postponed on Saturday because of international
call ups so we have the chance to jump both if we avoid defeat

And Peterborough don’t play either so with a win we can end up third

Adge

A professional performance which potentially could have been a banana skin (and we’ve all seen them before!).
Onto the next round and hopefully the 3rd too.

robbiekeane

How can this be the case though? How could you possibly not be fit when you have a whole coaching team who are basically your personal trainers, running group fitness sessions and then no doubt individual fitness sessions, diet plans, etc etc. Can it be a lack of match fitness at this time? Or just naturally poor stamina?

clint van damme

How can this be the case though? How could you possibly not be fit when you have a whole coaching team who are basically your personal trainers, running group fitness sessions and then no doubt individual fitness sessions, diet plans, etc etc. Can it be a lack of match fitness at this time? Or just naturally poor stamina?

I think it goes beyond lack of stamina
He looks over weight.
With the team around him that you've mentioned you've got to wonder how it's happened.

Users who are viewing this thread