COLCHESTER MATCH THREAD - let's go (3 Viewers)

Paxman II

He needs to stop if we're gonna have any chance of keeping him! Forest are struggling for goals at the min! If he was to get 20 theres no way they'd sell, not to us anyway!

You shouldn't worry....it's still league 1. they don't rate his ability in the championship...apparently.

SkyBlue_Bear83

FT
Colchester 1-3 Coventry

Moussa
Edje
Mcgoldrick

Only moved up one place above Colchester into 15th

5 points off relegation
9 points off play offs

Portsmouth at H on Saturday who are now in the bottom 4

A quick summary of tonights game

Paxman II

McGoldrick has to be kept at all costs

that was his 1st goal in open play for 3 games. Are you sure you are not putting to much emphasis on him? usually when a striker stops scoring someone else scores and we have had scorers from all over....the sign of a good side tbh

Paxman II

How long before the negativity of some posters start pointing to the save Murphy made and the referee giving us a goal ?

fact is we won again away from home and have knock in a few goals in the process. You get some luck sometimes but you have first to earn it.

for me we started from the whistle this time and carried it for 90 minutes and that my friends is the most significant thing.

CarpyCov84

If he goes who replaces him i think we would struggle tbh it's a shame we have these clown Sisu outfit any decent chairman at any club would never allow him to leave he's enjoying it here its his best spell at any club I think it's defo do-able

Black6Osprey

Ooh Can you hear that?

It's the sound of pessimists shuffling towards the realists and the realists moving towards optimists and optimists sounding slightly smug.

What a great week. Lets keep it going.

Otis

Hear hear!

Feels good to be a City fan at the moment!

Get your arses up there on Saturday!

Sick Boy

If he goes who replaces him i think we would struggle tbh it's a shame we have these clown Sisu outfit any decent chairman at any club would never allow him to leave he's enjoying it here its his best spell at any club I think it's defo do-able

If only there wasn't a conspiracy against Coventry in the media, then we could spend money we don't have any get away with it like Portsmouth!! Why is it always so unfair for us!!?

Paxman II

Now can we please be as confident at home? Pompey normally a tricky fixture but they are awful at the moment so I would expect anothet good result Saturday and just to be 'smug' that's what i predicted for November.

Astute

I'm actually loving CCFC right now! xxx

Well said Sy :claping hands:

How you doing mate? Lad has finished his first part now. Started his second stage yesterday.

Paxman II

His wage at Forest is immaterial Clive Eakin or whoever you are. he's looking for a deal now not what he was offered last time around.

Astute

A couple more wins on the spin and i may even join the play off brigade.

You can't do that. Who would we have to disagree with?......other than Otis and GrenDuffy that is ;)

Stevec189

But Paxman other clubs will get close to what he is earning. I suspect we are below 50% of what he gets at Forest and we really can't afford to pay more! Tis the rules!!

Astute

But Paxman other clubs will get close to what he is earning. I suspect we are below 50% of what he gets at Forest and we really can't afford to pay more! Tis the rules!!

Anyone saying he is not happy at our club and enjoying his football again? How about 5k a week. Would easily be covered by extra bums on seats now we are climbing up the table. Higher wage when we get promoted and also a bonus that would put his present wage up to what he would want. Other clubs have the same rules to think about also.

Mark Robins:

Excellent first half
Moved the ball well
First goal great move
Second goal good finish
Third goal clinical
Made them change their game, started to play long
Held firm
Always dangerous on the break
Feet on the floor
At 2-1 showed character, gave everything
One or two tiring towards the end - Barton came on to put foot on ball and control game
Murphy save at 2 - 1 brilliant
Officials got results correct (he's seen the replays)

Last edited:

Grendel

Anyone saying he is not happy at our club and enjoying his football again? How about 5k a week. Would easily be covered by extra bums on seats now we are climbing up the table. Higher wage when we get promoted and also a bonus that would put his present wage up to what he would want. Other clubs have the same rules to think about also.

Suggestion is he is on £10K now so I think a 50% wage reduction for the Leagues top scorer is unlikely. The only way they have a remote chance of getting him is to offload some of the rubbish like McDonald and Bell. Even then his agent will try and get an uplift on whatever we offer.

Stevec189

But other clubs have a higher revenue than us and in the Championship they can spend more revenue on wages I believe. If you we're earning 10k a week say and you o somewhere nice where you were liked for £5K a week or take a gamble and go somewhere else getting £9k a week what would you do??

Users who are viewing this thread