Colchester fan in peace (1 Viewer)

Sussex Boy

Afternoon all,

First posted in this forum a couple of years ago. Think it was when my lifelong team Brighton played you in the FA Cup (5th Round was it?). Lived in Coventry from 2010-2018 and have a soft spot for the Sky Blues. I've since moved to South Suffolk with my wife and now regularly go along to Colchester United games as it's only a twenty minute drive away.

If you have any questions about the Community Stadium or Colchester in general, feel free to ask and I can try and be as helpful as possible.

Best wishes,
Steven

Bertola

How's Ben Stevenson getting on?

He looked a real prospect when he first broke into the team here, but his career seems to have stagnated/gone backwards since then

Reactions: TTG

robbiekeane

How's Ben Stevenson getting on?

He looked a real prospect when he first broke into the team here, but his career seems to have stagnated/gone backwards since then
Must be hard for him to see his best made maddison tearing up the premier league.

Tough one because on one hand i think he shouldn't have forced that move to Wolves, but on the other hand he was getting zero game time here if i remember correctly. Maybe should'be moved to another League 1 club straight away idk

pusbccfc

Best way to get from town to the ground?

Sussex Boy

Stevenson is now hitting his stride with us. Technically talented and looks assured on the ball. Up until recently he'd been a fairly regular starter, though McGreal still didn't know his best team. Now he's beginning to field the same starting XI more or less and Stevenson is one of the first names on the sheet. He maybe could have been accused of being a fan of the sideways pass, rather than something more incisive. However he notched up his first goal of the season against Newport the other week with a stunning strike outside the box.

The U's are a gifted side when the game is more open and are becoming more resilient when going behind. They still struggle though when teams come to the Community Stadium playing for a point and as of yet, Stevenson and the team can sometimes run out of ideas. Great player though and becoming increasingly liked by the fans.

In terms of getting to the ground, if you're coming by train you'll arrive at Colchester Station, referred to by locals as "North Station". A bit like the Ricoh the stadium is out of town. You can get on the Park and Ride bus outside the station all the way to the Park and Ride car park. From there it's about a 10 minute walk across a couple of roundabouts and is a popular route taken by fans. You'll see the Stadium the entire route so you can't get lost. If you're spritely, you could walk it from the station in about 40 minutes or so. It is uphill though!

Who are your main threats? Is Biamou allowed to play after his red card last weekend?

torchomatic

Afternoon all,

First posted in this forum a couple of years ago. Think it was when my lifelong team Brighton played you in the FA Cup (5th Round was it?). Lived in Coventry from 2010-2018 and have a soft spot for the Sky Blues. I've since moved to South Suffolk with my wife and now regularly go along to Colchester United games as it's only a twenty minute drive away.

If you have any questions about the Community Stadium or Colchester in general, feel free to ask and I can try and be as helpful as possible.

Best wishes,
Steven

My sister in law lives in Colchester and we went to visit a couple of weeks ago and came down for the New post game.

Nice little stadium, plenty of parking and a free programme too. Very impressed overall.

I'll be happy with a draw.

Gazolba

<snip>

Who are your main threats? Is Biamou allowed to play after his red card last weekend?

We currently don't have a threat.
You can never tell where a threat might come from.
I don't believe Biamou can play given he is banned for three games.
We are not the greatest goal-scoring side as you will see from our goal difference figure.

Tommo1993

Part of me hoping for a draw, as then Biamou could use the replay for one of his banned games and he’ll be eligible for the Sunderland game. (If I’ve worked it out properly)

RegTheDonk

Part of me hoping for a draw, as then Biamou could use the replay for one of his banned games and he’ll be eligible for the Sunderland game. (If I’ve worked it out properly)
Believe you now get the ban for the competition the cards were issued in? Could be wrong. Often am.

Tommo1993

It took me a while to find something. But this year they changed the rules to yellow card bans count only in comps it was received in, red cards still count across the board (FA, Carabou, EPL, EFL)

So if we do get a replay, he’s back for Sunderland? FA official have his suspension ending 23/11, assuming there’s a winner/loser on Saturday.

Edit: Colchester will go and knock us out and this’ll mean nothing.

TTG

Stevenson is now hitting his stride with us. Technically talented and looks assured on the ball. Up until recently he'd been a fairly regular starter, though McGreal still didn't know his best team. Now he's beginning to field the same starting XI more or less and Stevenson is one of the first names on the sheet. He maybe could have been accused of being a fan of the sideways pass, rather than something more incisive. However he notched up his first goal of the season against Newport the other week with a stunning strike outside the box.

The U's are a gifted side when the game is more open and are becoming more resilient when going behind. They still struggle though when teams come to the Community Stadium playing for a point and as of yet, Stevenson and the team can sometimes run out of ideas. Great player though and becoming increasingly liked by the fans.

In terms of getting to the ground, if you're coming by train you'll arrive at Colchester Station, referred to by locals as "North Station". A bit like the Ricoh the stadium is out of town. You can get on the Park and Ride bus outside the station all the way to the Park and Ride car park. From there it's about a 10 minute walk across a couple of roundabouts and is a popular route taken by fans. You'll see the Stadium the entire route so you can't get lost. If you're spritely, you could walk it from the station in about 40 minutes or so. It is uphill though!

we've been ridden with injury so far, but our cam, ohar e is a tricky player to get past. We currently have 2 strikers, 2 wingers and a midfielder of the starting xi injured (arguably)

The coventrian

Must be hard for him to see his best made maddison tearing up the premier league.

Tough one because on one hand i think he shouldn't have forced that move to Wolves, but on the other hand he was getting zero game time here if i remember correctly. Maybe should'be moved to another League 1 club straight away idk
Thick c**t

JimmyHillsbeard

It took me a while to find something. But this year they changed the rules to yellow card bans count only in comps it was received in, red cards still count across the board (FA, Carabou, EPL, EFL)

if this was true he wasn’t eligible to play against Southampton last night.

RegTheDonk

So if we do get a replay, he’s back for Sunderland? FA official have his suspension ending 23/11, assuming there’s a winner/loser on Saturday.

Edit: Colchester will go and knock us out and this’ll mean nothing.
Thanks for clearing that up Tommo. It comes as no surprise I'm not good at those cards either.

Tommo1993

Thanks for clearing that up Tommo. It comes as no surprise I'm not good at those cards either.

Tbh it was as clear as mud, I only got that ‘changing the card rules’ from The Sun (which is probably THE worst source) but the end of ban date came from FA site.

Meh. I’ll go back to my a original point, it’ll probably be settled in 90 mins on Saturday - making all this talk pointless.

stevefloyd

We usually manage a goal or 2 in cup matches but also like to feel sorry for opposition teams and give them numerous opportunities to score too but in this game I think your defenders can have the afternoon off unless Baka doesnt take one of his mozipans and stays awake all game added to that if he agrees to grace us with his presence we have our very own Hiwula wallflower who could play with Baka the wacker upfront to give your defence a laugh or two and whilst they are pissing themselves laughing and if there arent any pigeons taking away the concentration of our midfielders after the 249th pass they may get a shot anywhere between 30 and 200 feet over the bar, of course I am jesting.....but am I?

Sussex Boy

Afternoon all,

Well played to your boys yesterday. Coventry were miles ahead in every department of the pitch and played some lovely football. If you'd wanted to you could have run out 5-0 winners on the day. Colchester, sadly, were very, very poor and only turned up to the races once the game was beyond reach.

Took a photo of the Sky Blues fans that I thought you might appreciate. All the best for the rest of the season and I will continue to hope that you return home from Birmingham as soon as possible (hopefully in the Championship).

Best wishes,
Steven

Attachments

• IMG_5094.JPG
    IMG_5094.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 134

Sky Blue Pete

Afternoon all,

Well played to your boys yesterday. Coventry were miles ahead in every department of the pitch and played some lovely football. If you'd wanted to you could have run out 5-0 winners on the day. Colchester, sadly, were very, very poor and only turned up to the races once the game was beyond reach.

Took a photo of the Sky Blues fans that I thought you might appreciate. All the best for the rest of the season and I will continue to hope that you return home from Birmingham as soon as possible (hopefully in the Championship).

Best wishes,
Steven
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread