Colby Bishop (1 Viewer)

PVA

I wonder if we missed a trick with him.

I'm sure we would have taken a look at him as he was banging in the goals for Leamington.

I totally trust Robins and the recruitment team so not criticising them, they obviously decided he wasn't right for us.

But he must have been very cheap and we're not averse to a non league signing in recent years.

He now has 19 in 51 for Accrington, which is decent regardless, but very impressive for a cheap signing from non league and he's clearly more prolific than Max and Baka.

Again, not having a pop at the club, just thought it might be an interesting discussion.

Anyone here watch him when he was at Leamington?

Ccfcisparks

I wonder if we missed a trick with him.

I'm sure we would have taken a look at him as he was banging in the goals for Leamington.

I totally trust Robins and the recruitment team so not criticising them, they obviously decided he wasn't right for us.

But he must have been very cheap and we're not averse to a non league signing in recent years.

He has 19 in 51 for Accrington, pretty impressive for a cheap signing from non league and he's clearly more prolific than Max and Baka.

Again, not having a pop at the club, just thought it might be an interesting discussion.

Anyone here watch him when he was at Leamington?
24 and not better than Walker or Godden. I'll be very surprised if he plays consistently at Championship level.

PVA

24 and not better than Walker or Godden. I'll be very surprised if he plays consistently at Championship level.

I didn't say he was better than Walker or Godden but he appears to be significantly better than Max and Baka (at least in terms of goalscoring).

PVA

Hes averaged a goal every 4.5 games this season in league 1. I'd argue that probably is very similar to what Max and Baka return.

No it's a goal every 3.5 in the league and better than 1 in 3 in all comps.

Not claiming him to be some prolific superstar or the new Jamie Vardy, just that for the money he looks like he'd score more goals than Biamou/Baka and make for a decent 3rd or 4th choice.

Sky Blue Harry H

I watched a bit of him last night and wondered about him. Old fashioned and tough as a nugget, but not sure about him being good enough for the level we are now. He has done brilliantly for them, though. Also thought the overall standard last night was evidently poorer than the Championship.

cc84cov

If we are gonna spend money we don’t need to be risking if a player is at the level...we need to know their at the level as I’m sure robins is aware m

BornSlippySkyBlue

At the end of the season
I know what you mean, I would take 19th if offered now. Suspect (and hope) we’ll finish higher than that though. I think where we are now is where we’ll end up, roughly. If we ‘do a Luton’ (and gain 5 places) we’ll end up in 11th. I’d also take that!

Frostie

Yes he would, the point of discussion for the thread was whether we missed a trick by not signing him

Not for me. He's definitely doing well in League One & seems a good fit for Accrington but think that is probably his level.

rob9872

Only saw him in that pre season game against us and he was poor, but had nothing around him so unfair to judge on that, but I'd be amazed if we'd not looked at him and decided against it.

TomRad85

Yes he would, the point of discussion for the thread was whether we missed a trick by not signing him
I thought we missed a trick at the time, currently it seems we did in that we have a striker crisis and I'd rather have him up top than Max or Baka. Going forward we'll probably be wanting better so its one of them really.
Regardless, it has always frustrated me how our scouts continually miss non league talent literally on their door step.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fatso

Yes I read it. What's your point? My post still stands.
You asked if we missed a trick by not signing him,
I put, “we lost our chance when he was at Leamington”

Honestly, how much more of an answer do you want?

Users who are viewing this thread