Coach to Bristol City (1 Viewer)

gary_ccfcforever

Evenings Lads and Lasses,

Im running a coach to Bristol from Cov Baths. Leaving at 10am.

Should be around £12 return.

Anybody who is interested give me a shout

Is £12 what the official coaches cost too?

Was discussing it with my mate and we thought we were unlikely to stop over, unlikely to want to drive, and unlikely to want to pay £40 odd to let the train take the strain.

LastGarrison

What's the crack with these coaches? Are they like the ones that used to go from the Lion where they take you somewhere in plenty of time to have a few scoops beforehand?

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Me and around ten others might be interested but like Garrison I'd like to know if:

1) We can drink alcohol on the coach?
2) Will we go to any pubs when we get there?

Cheers mate :wave::wave:

EDIT: Everyone mentioned is over 18 years old.

Last edited:

skyblueprincess

I allowed to sing on your coach ???

gary_ccfcforever

ok, the craic is normally no drinking on the coach (officially) coach companys don't tend to like it. what people do not realise is that any away caoch is not supposed to stop anywhere within 10 miles of the away ground apart from the ground itself other than with express permission from the police, however i will be looking to drop at a pub within close proximity to the ground, im thinking maybe the rose of denmark, im sure it wont be an issue, we got clearance for it before reading so i expect we will be ok.

Garrisson, you are thinking of the sky blue army coach which leaves around 9am and normally stops at a village nearby.

Skyblue princess. you are more than welcome to sing your heart out although i cant promise people won't start throwing things at you if you are a really terrible singer!:D:D

Last edited:

Cobi Jones's Dreads

ok, the craic is normally no drinking on the coach (officially) coach companys don't tend to like it. what people do not realise is that any away caoch is not supposed to stop anywhere within 10 miles of the away ground apart from the ground itself other than with express permission from the police, however i will be looking to drop at a pub within close proximity to the ground, im thinking maybe the rose of denmark, im sure it wont be an issue, we got clearance for it before reading so i expect we will be ok.

Garrisson, you are thinking of the sky blue army coach which leaves around 9am and normally stops at a village nearby.

Skyblue princess. you are more than welcome to sing your heart out although i cant promise people won't start throwing things at you if you are a really terrible singer!:D:D

Sweet can you PM me your mobile number or something to contact you with confirmations?

Steve.B50

Hi Gary
Mandy and I have got our tickets so count us in, do not want to dive down if I can help.

We going to do the SISU OUT bloons again?

Steve

W

westcountry_skyblue

Sorry to spoil your day out peeps,but as im a skyblue living in the west country the avon and somerset old bill will not let you bring a coach so near to the ground and stop off to drink.
you will have to stop off as said around 10 miles away ie thornbury etc just off m5 j14-15.Ps yes im going to the game got my ticket already,will be travelling up on the train from weston then drinking near the ground !!!

Astute

Got the coach last season for Bristol game. Stopped at a place with lots of pubs. Not too far from the ground either. Had a good time there.I have a bottle of coke on the coach, watered down with transparent stuff ;-) 50/50 is a good mix

gary_ccfcforever

thanks for the advice astute, ive spoken to the police liason officer though and hes checked and given us the thumbs up so its all good!

hill83

I was planning on making a bit of a weekend of this, but it's my little brothers birthday the day of the game :facepalm:

hill83

I asked if he wanted to go but he said he doesn't want to go to an away game. He's only just started coming to home games to be fair to him.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I went on Gaz'a coach for the Reading game. Worked a treat. Stopped off in plenty of time for refreshments at a local pub. Good atmosphete on board too. Can't speak highly enough of it

Sorry to spoil your day out peeps,but as im a skyblue living in the west country the avon and somerset old bill will not let you bring a coach so near to the ground and stop off to drink.
you will have to stop off as said around 10 miles away ie thornbury etc just off m5 j14-15.Ps yes im going to the game got my ticket already,will be travelling up on the train from weston then drinking near the ground !!!

where's the best kid friendly place to drink mate? Is it right they don't serve in the away end aswell? It's first visit to bristol

W

westcountry_skyblue

The pump house and rose of denmark should be ok near the waterfront,avoid drinking in bedminster, hen and chicken,bs3 bar,spotted cow and the london inn and the three lions near parson st train station.

CovfanDan

The pump house and rose of denmark should be ok near the waterfront,avoid drinking in bedminster, hen and chicken,bs3 bar,spotted cow and the london inn and the three lions near parson st train station.

Is the Pumphouse the posh 'pub' who serve their food on them wooden platters?
Me and my mate went the Avon Packet last time, again after a bit of grub. The choice was ham batches, cheese and ham, or cheese. You can imagine the gaffer will just take out the cheese for said ham batch, probably right in front of you! As you can see we dont have much luck with pre-match grub!

W

westcountry_skyblue

Me and my mate went the Avon Packet last time, again after a bit of grub. The choice was ham batches, cheese and ham, or cheese. You can imagine the gaffer will just take out the cheese for said ham batch, probably right in front of you! As you can see we dont have much luck with pre-match grub!
yes avon packet is fine too

Astute

A word I still have from my Cov dialect :D Have lived in a few places since I left Cov. People normally look at me gone out when I ask for one. Where I live now it is a roll. Well it is a roll until you ask for a sausage roll. Then you have to ask for sausages in a roll or you get a sausage roll.

Lets get back on track.

Sorry have nothing else of use to add

gary_ccfcforever

sorry mate, i put the post up well over a week ago. will be running again for saints. if you want seats let me know as early as possible

Users who are viewing this thread