Clubs you just randomly hate (2 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

Obviously no point listing local teams as we all understand why we hate them. For me - 'Sky Sports' clubs like Reading, Fulham and Watford. Just everything whats wrong with modern football. Can't really explain what a 'Sky Sports' club is but if you've followed football for a long time, you'll know what I'm getting at. For example, us, Shef Utd etc would be called 'proper clubs' with proper fans.

Otis

Obviously no point listing local teams as we all understand why we hate them. For me - 'Sky Sports' clubs like Reading, Fulham and Watford. Just everything whats wrong with modern football. Can't really explain what a 'Sky Sports' club is but if you've followed football for a long time, you'll know what I'm getting at. For example, us, Shef Utd etc would be called 'proper clubs' with proper fans.
Leeds are a proper club with proper thugs.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Pompey, only since living down here. They genuinely think they are a massive club with better fans than everyone else. Their overspending and going bust over and over again is apparently the fault of the authorities and nothing to do with the club.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Pompey, only since living down here. They genuinely think they are a massive club with better fans than everyone else. Their overspending and going bust over and over again is apparently the fault of the authorities and nothing to do with the club.

Absolutely spot on Chiefdave! There's a fair mixture of Pompey and Soton fans here on the island. I much prefer Southampton lot. Great lot of fans!

Grendel

Wasps - is that allowed?

armybike

CCFC (apparently!)

bringbackrattles

I only really hate one club and have done since the 70's and that's Man United. This stems from when they used to take over Highfield Road when we played them,as they had their own fans but in there were Cov "fans" who would support them on that day.
I remember one game when about a hundred of us who stayed loyal and wore the Sky Blue were shoved down into a corner of the West End and took punches,spit,and abuse,and so is it any wonder I detest them. And I despised the turncoats too !

Gazolba

I only hate teams after they beat us or injure one of our players. But I dislike teams that have no British players in the starting eleven (like many of the top Premiership sides)..

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

Liverpool - because their hooligan fans got Coventry kicked out of the UEFA Cup Winner's Cup the only time we ever qualified.
I have never forgiven them either. Although it was not just Liverpool fans.
Not a random hate either though is it?

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Joy Division

It used to be Arsenal for me. Used to think their fans were pompous and arrogant until we played them in the cup the other season. In actual fact some of the nicest fans I've ever met at an away game and were very supportive of our cause.

Can't stand West Ham and the media's absolute love for them. Just because they are a London club.

lifeskyblue

Clubs where the majority of so called fans have never been to the city let alone the football club or game but wear the shirt and pontificate about how good United or Chelsea or Liverpool or Arsenal are. So it's not really the clubs I hate but plastic fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

urbanbushmonkey

Stevenage, Millwall, Bradford, Crawley, West Ham, Sunderland, Chelsea.

There are a lot of clubs I randomly dislike for no reason.

The shorter list is clubs I like for no reason.

Colchester, Wigan, Chesterfield, Wycombe, Preston.

Sick Boy

It used to be Arsenal for me. Used to think their fans were pompous and arrogant until we played them in the cup the other season. In actual fact some of the nicest fans I've ever met at an away game and were very supportive of our cause.

Can't stand West Ham and the media's absolute love for them. Just because they are a London club.

They are something else, they seem to genuinely believe that West Ham won the World Cup in 1966. I'm still not sure exactly what the West Ham way is either.

SkyblueBazza

For me...it's Cardiff.

Absolutely no legitimate reason that I can think of. Every time I hear or even see the name...it just sounds & looks wrong. Its not a passionate hate as such. I am indifferent to any success they have, but even though I completely fail to understand why - I sneer at their failure.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Covstu

I think I go through phases, used to hate Liverpool as a kid not sure if that was down to them being good or not. I actually quite like them at the moment due to the amount of English players there. Bradford was one lately but I have no real reason! I would call it dislike rather than hate!

eastwoodsdustman

I have always disliked notts county for some unknown reason. Also hated Celtic as I never liked the kit as a kid.
On a side note. Individual players I hated for no particular reason include Mark Venus (sorry!), Frank Sinclair, Martin Skertl, Bellend and Danny Fox.

Monners

Spurs (fans)- always caused grief at HR, nasty bunch. Same for Leeds I suppose.

Any non league club that buys its way into the league - kills the romance (have watched a lot of non - league over the years)

bringbackrattles

Clubs where the majority of so called fans have never been to the city let alone the football club or game but wear the shirt and pontificate about how good United or Chelsea or Liverpool or Arsenal are. So it's not really the clubs I hate but plastic fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm with you on this that's another reason I detest Man Yoo so much. I hated them from the 70's right up to now and even more so with there hordes of plastic fans these days.You see lots of Chinese walking about with United shirts on and a pub I drink in you get Africans in there doing the same or wearing Arsenal and Chelsea shirts it pisses me off.

Ian1779

Liverpool - same reasons that others have previously stated

Newcastle - for no other reason than being bored shitless hearing that their fans 'are the best fans in the world' - they haven't got shit on us.

ccfc92

Liverpool - same reasons that others have previously stated

Newcastle - for no other reason than being bored shitless hearing that their fans 'are the best fans in the world' - they haven't got shit on us.

They do get 50K a week though, to be fair.

3rd Highest supported team in the Prem.

Ian1779

Doesn't make them the best fans in the world... Plus they know even less about football than the plastic Man U fans

Ian1779

admirable yes - does it need to be lauded and made out to be an exceptional feat - no.

Let's be honest they haven't got a bloody clue about when things are going bad.

ccfc92

admirable yes - does it need to be lauded and made out to be an exceptional feat - no.

Let's be honest they haven't got a bloody clue about when things are going bad.

No, they don't. Not as bad as us, or other teams that have fallen into oblivion.

However, those that go to St.James' are there to passionately support the team.

The majority of the 78K at Man U and the 60,001 at Arsenal are there to buy half and half scarves and take selfies.

Any team that gets 50,000 at home and is not challenging for the top end of the table, there's something severely wrong somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread