Club update (3 Viewers)

Grendel

Well that's if you count Little Chef as a restaurant

Didn’t they have a great big menu the size of the whole table

Macca

People can complain but without someone willing to just throw money away what alternative strategy should they pursue? The only way they're going to make significant returns is promotion to the Prem and they simply aren't going to write the kind of cheques required for that.

So we're, at best, treading water until someone is prepared to buy the club. Its all well and good saying sell up, you need a willing buyer and lets not pretend someone like Hoffman coming in is going to give the kind of funding people want put into the club.
League 1 would work for them until they find a buyer

NorthernWisdom

The excuse for the lack of notice regarding the boxes being out of use was also utterly pathetic.
It's the boxes I can't get my head around why they're even trying to justify it. The rest? OK, there's an argument the club is fire fighting and that's the way it is, but such a statement was the time to acknowledge that they should have given the heads up there was a possible problem with boxes far sooner... not double down on why they didn't!

It's not even advanced customer service to understand why their actions on this have been pretty terrible.

Nick

Administrator
It's the boxes I can't get my head around why they're even trying to justify it. The rest? OK, there's an argument the club is fire fighting and that's the way it is, but such a statement was the time to acknowledge that they should have given the heads up there was a possible problem with boxes far sooner... not double down on why they didn't!

It's not even advanced customer service to understand why their actions on this have been pretty terrible.

Yep, they could have got in touch to say:

"There's an event booked on this game and this game, Wasps have booked it out so we may not be able to allow you in your booked box. We are trying our hardest to find an alternative or ensure you are in the box and will keep you updated with the outcome. We are very sorry for the inconvenience but will let you know as soon as we can confirm."

That could have been said in June / July or whenever it was they found out.

KenilworthSkyBlue

The funny thing is last season I received emails in advance if the box was at even risk of being booked up which I'm fine with. As long as there's an alternative in place - i.e. Birmingham I was given a table upstairs, Hull I was given a few tickets to the boardroom and there was something perhaps for Luton as well but I was away then so couldn't attend anyway - yet now there's seemingly zero notice given, no alternative in place yet apparently none of it is the club's fault.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

The funny thing is last season I received emails in advance if the box was at even risk of being booked up which is all I'm fine with. As long as there's an alternative in place - i.e. Birmingham I was given a table upstairs, Hull I was given a few tickets to the boardroom and there was something perhaps for Luton as well but I was away then so couldn't attend anyway - yet now there's seemingly zero notice given, no alternative in place yet apparently none of it is the club's fault.
Yeah, some people will always be difficult, but most understand if issues are relayed. I also understand choices look easy in hindsight, but that's still the time to acknowledge when you've got them wrong and would do it differently next time.

The club's message seems to be they don't care, so don't bother giving them money in advance!

fatso

But you're implying there is no interest in the club. Outsiders have shown interest before but been told the club is vastly over priced.

What we don't need is proof a buyer is waiting in the wings, what we need is the current owners to give a reason why they are interested in owning a loss making championship club if they're not bothered in the sporting achievement.
The owners have made it clear they are ready to sell, I'd say that implies they are no longer interested in owning a loss making championship club.

The big problem for Sisu is, can they find someone to take the club off their hands!

Having someone show an interest is one thing, having someone capable of stumping up cash and willing to proceed with an aquasition is another thing entirely.

Brighton Sky Blue

The owners have made it clear they are ready to sell, I'd say that implies they are no longer interested in owning a loss making championship club.

The big problem for Sisu is, can they find someone to take the club off their hands!

Having someone show an interest is one thing, having someone capable of stumping up cash and willing to proceed with an aquasition is another thing entirely.

So openly put it up for sale and see who comes knocking. We know Mike Ashley was after a similar basket case not that long ago.

shmmeee

Leaving isn't possible though is it.
It's fucking naive in the extreme to say they should leave. This is typical of so many fans.
How the fuck do Sisu leave without someone to take over ? Answer that little conundrum if you will!
Who the fuck is going to pay to buy the club, and then guarantee to pay the wages and the rent every month, when we continue to make a loss??? We havnt made any money since the last home game of last season ffs!!!!
Yet we've covered our rent, paid wages paid to fix a fucked up pitch etc etc.

Seriously, if its so fucking easy, why don't you take the club over as you seem to have the answers!!!

He could, as clearly you don’t need any money to run a Championship football club.

Not going bust is pretty much the lowest bar for success there is.

And as people keep telling you, including the club itself, it’s not for sale. They either knock back or quote ridiculous prices to anyone who asks

fatso

So openly put it up for sale and see who comes knocking. We know Mike Ashley was after a similar basket case not that long ago.
Maybe he's already looked at us, who knows, I'm sure we are "up for sale" but you don't do aquasition business of this sort in the public domain, so your very unlikely to find an advert on rightmove.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Yeah, some people will always be difficult, but most understand if issues are relayed. I also understand choices look easy in hindsight, but that's still the time to acknowledge when you've got them wrong and would do it differently next time.

The club's message seems to be they don't care, so don't bother giving them money in advance!

Frankly the entire cock up is hardly surprising, yet still disappointing. I'm sympathetic to the fact that the pre-booked events are completely out of their control but common sense should prevail and pre-warning given. It's common curtesy. Not to mention on my end it's slightly embarrassing as I've had to uninvite guests.

Given hospitality is a significant revenue earner for the club how must this look to potential customers looking to purchase a box in the future when the commercial team are utterly shambolic and don't even provide adequate customer service.

fatso

He could, as clearly you don’t need any money to run a Championship football club.

Not going bust is pretty much the lowest bar for success there is.

And as people keep telling you, including the club itself, it’s not for sale. They either knock back or quote ridiculous prices to anyone who asks
How do we know they've rejected anyone?

What often happens is some dick head makes a public statement of interest, and gets shit loads of publicity as a result.

A club (or its agent) then invites an offer which never materialises, or a vague offer comes in, which the seller then asks for proof of funds before proceeding, at which point the dick head disappears up his/her own backside.

Leaving the fans frustrated and blaming the owners.

Sound familiar?

KenilworthSkyBlue

What often happens is some dick head makes a public statement of interest, and gets shit loads of publicity as a result.

A club then invites an offer which never materialises, or a vague offer comes in, which the seller then asks for proof of funds before proceeding, at which point the dick head disappears up his/her own backside.

Sound familiar?

I find it very difficult to believe they haven't received any serious enquiries other than those headed up by Hoffman during their tenure.

shmmeee

A club (or its agent) then invites an offer which never materialises, or a vague offer comes in, which the seller then asks for proof of funds before proceeding, at which point the dick head disappears up his/her own backside.

Sound familiar?

No. We’ve got people on here who know people who didn’t go through the press and we’re quoted silly money.

Can you point to one statement from the owner inviting offers in the last decade? All I’ve ever seen is confirmation Dale Evans or whoever the latest chancer is hasn’t submitted anything. Any then the whole email/letterhead fiasco.

Any serious bidder doesn’t rock up to the CT first and doesn’t do business through CWR phone ins, so we don’t hear about them publicly.

Even that Telegraph article saying they were looking for buyers was shot down pretty quick by the ITKs on here.

Hobo

Joy maybe willing to sell but she probably has some kooky idea of what she is going to get and what the club is worth? That will be the fly in the ointment.

slowpoke

I find it very difficult to believe they haven't received any serious enquiries other than those headed up by Hoffman during their tenure.
We all know one who has publically on nationwide radio expressed an interest with others to buy the club, if that was realistic I doubt we will hear a dickie bird until it happens or is about to and any talks or negotiations will be be happening quietly. I’m relying on the “old theres no smoke without fire” saying.

SlowerThanPlatt

We all know one who has publically on nationwide radio expressed an interest with others to buy the club, if that was realistic I doubt we will hear a dickie bird until it happens or is about to and any talks or negotiations will be be happening quietly. I’m relying on the “old theres no smoke without fire” saying.

Simple Simon? I think he’s moved on from that now

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
What really frustrates me is the regular claim "the aim is to keeping improving", "to keep getting better players" when they know damn well that the manager isn't getting the funds to do that. So far the owners have got away with because of the fabulous job MR has done. I know they have to be positive, I know they have play to the masses who don't understand or want to understand finance (cant blame them at times 😂)........ it just kind of grates and in the end stokes any discontent.

Still enough of that time to focus on the team and football (y)

PUSB's

skyblu3sk

That's fine, but in business there has to be investment to improve or you end up failing. If you were still running your business using a Nokia 3210 and Windows 98 on a dial-up modem because you don't want to fork out to upgrade I'd suggest your business isn't going to last long.

I accept football is batshit crazy and doesn't live in the real world, with every club overstretching themselves, but it's hardly news. If that's not something you want to do don't get involved in the first place.
They have another option which is ROI based on player sales. Generally they would do this by demanding high prices for their best assets hoping someone will pay while they make ends meet through other sales... may be the model they have opted for here.

skyblu3sk

What really frustrates me is the regular claim "the aim is to keeping improving", "to keep getting better players" when they know damn well that the manager isn't getting the funds to do that. So far the owners have got away with because of the fabulous job MR has done. I know they have to be positive, I know they have play to the masses who don't understand or want to understand finance (cant blame them at times 😂)........ it just kind of grates and in the end stokes any discontent.

Still enough of that time to focus on the team and football (y)

PUSB's
It can always be the aim... if its a realistic one is totally different 🤣🤣

skyblu3sk

They clearly couldn’t care less about customers

it’s like going into a restaurant you go every week and have the same steak. One day steaks not available and you get beans on toast. Then you get charged the same £28 - when you ask why - you are told if you don’t pay it I’ll close down where will you eat?
In football owners can play on the emotional attachment to the club which frankly is shit but it happens. None of us would want City to go out of businesses but most of us wouldn't give a shit if a restaurant did.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We need a new stadium, not a swimming pool.

Users who are viewing this thread