club statement (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Fine by me, SBK. The day I think I could "like" or agree with anything you say is the day I stick my head in an oven.

It's no problem honestly, I've put you joint top with Torchy, Grenduffy, and Summerisle:D:wave:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Yes and I am sure if the boot was on the other foot this reason would be perfectly accepted wouldn't it?

No. Not when it was understood that agreement precedes invoice associated with that agreement. To ignore - by ignorance or otherwise - that simple chronology in the order of things isn't the style of most on here. Just some....

torchomatic

Porkchophill

Club statement regarding Academy residence at the Alan Higgs Centre
Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Ltd have released a statement following recent talks regarding the football club's Academy residence at the Alan Higgs Centre.

Steve Waggott, CCFC Development Director, said: “Coventry City Football Club Holdings Limited (CCFC Holdings) are extremely disappointed by the Alan Higgs Centre Trust’s decision to not allow the Academy access to the Higgs Centre.

“This decision appears to have been taken despite letters, emails and phone calls between each party, legal representatives and the administrator over the last week to try to reach a new commercial agreement that would allow the Academy to continue to operate out of The Alan Higgs Centre as the season draws to a close.

“All that the Club and Academy want and need is a very simple, uncomplicated commercial agreement with the Alan Higgs Centre Trust for the next three months that is, and should be, completely divorced from any other on-going issues away from our youth development programme.

“If this can be achieved then it would enable the Academy to continue to flourish by delivering its excellent work of recruiting and training the future stars of Coventry City Football Club – and provide the centre with rental income.

“Everyone knows how important an Academy is to a club and to the town or city it represents. We have a great record in producing young, home-grown players, as our squad showed last Saturday.

“CCFC Holdings had offered to pay the full commercial market rate to hire the centre out for the Academy to use until the end of June whilst also agreeing to pay for the extra sessions the Academy and First Team required during the recent spells of bad weather when our grass pitches were unplayable.

“The Club were also happy to look at the quotes the Alan Higgs Centre Trust has received in relation to covering the cost of the repairs to the grounds maintenance equipment to ensure this essential equipment is fully operable.

“The reluctance of the Alan Higgs Centre Trustees to agree to a deal, despite on-going attempts by CCFC Holdings to resolve the situation, has unfortunately meant that the young academy players have had a reduced training programme over the Easter holidays and are now having to train and play their matches at alternative venues.

“We have, quite understandably, had to implement our contingency plans and make alternative arrangements through to the end of the season. We had hoped we would not have to activate these plans, but we need to give the players, parents and staff certainty our programme is continuing.

“Academy Manager Gregor Rioch has had meetings with players and their parents who fully understand the position we are in and are very supportive.”

Rioch said: “Whilst we realise this is unsettling for all concerned and most importantly for the parents and all our young players, we are determined to continue to operate and deliver a full youth programme over the remaining weeks of the season.

“We would have still preferred to have kept the Academy at the Alan Higgs Centre as we entered this crucial end of season period during which we look to recruit new young local talent whilst trying to retain those already on our books but who are of interest to other professional clubs.

“Surely that, regardless of personalities or politics, is in everyone’s interests.”
Amazing that such a forward thinking and superior business minded entity like sisu whilst reassuring fans that they had other options and contingencies ( for the first team ) never for one minute took any consideration for the academy staff and players , and are now trying to tug on the same heart strings of the same people / facilities that they have tried to play hard ball with all along

RoboCCFC90

I have decided to like your posts regardless of whatever you say.

Thank you Torchy and MotherRoboCCFC90 brought me up to return the favour..

RoboCCFC90

I can give you my snorkel...you must be having trouble breathing up Torchy's arse:D:wave:

Keep the snorkel mate I am sure everytime PWKH opens up to have a drink of water you might need it while you shower..

Grendel

Yes, I was being smug and I shouldn't have been. However, as I explained to Duffer it was in regards to R_B and his "invoice, what invoice" comment.

Rupert claims to get the inside info from keys. He must be right surely.

Spencer

It's not that. Example as above. An invoice can't be raised without agreement. That agreement hasn't been signed - the delay coming from the SISU side. So the invoice can't follow.

Torchy seems to feel some vindication and evidence some smugness in the confirmation that an invoice hasn't been raised; whilst ignoring the fact that the mechanism that gives rise to the invoice having any legal credibility hasn't been returned and therefore no culpibility can reside anywhere other than at SISU's door.

An opinion needs to have a basis in reality. An opinion is an interpretation of facts. When it's a case of ignoring facts - it doesn't constitute a true opinion.

It's simply words typed out to serve Machiavellian intent. There's a big difference

What utter tosh!!

I think you're mistaking the conclusion of a legally binding agreement with the conclusion of a non legally binding contract.

Invoices are raised all the time without agreement - hence the fact we have so many disputes.

coundonskyblue

What utter tosh!!

I think you're mistaking the conclusion of a legally binding agreement with the conclusion of a non legally binding contract.

Invoices are raised all the time without agreement - hence the fact we have so many disputes.

If Higgs raise an Invoice without an agreement it has no legal basis. Ever heard of a Purchase Order?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

If Higgs raise an Invoice without an agreement it has no legal basis. Ever heard of a Purchase Order?

You beat me to it. What's the reference on the invoice then?

And I note you're on here in pseudo defence of the SISU position yet again, 'Spencer' . What about the fact they haven't returned the contract that would give rise to a correct reference on the resulting invoice?

That behaviour 'utter tosh' too?

Last edited:

chiefdave

I think PWKH's post explains that. The invoice can only follow an agreement with CCFC Holdings. Higgs centre has written to SISU asking to sort those agreements out, via a solicitor, twice, and are yet to have a reply.

Seems clear enough to me.

does that not imply that the debt for repairs etc is with the company in administration in which case they're out of luck really, they would need to apply to the administrator as a creditor. could it be that Higgs are trying to move a debt over form one company to the other. not sure SISU are going to have that as it could come back on them if and when ACL push for the 2 companies to be treated as one.

chiefdave

another thought. to play devils advocate for a moment, if the invoice can't be raised as Higgs has no agreement in place then on what basis is there something to be paid? surely you need to have the agreement in place prior to use? If a new agreement is being made why should it cover a bill for damages run up by another company who are now in administration? you can say that morally it's due but not many businesses, and certainly not SISU, use morals as a measure of what they should be paying.

Nonleagueherewecome

Weaseling out of debt, dave? Standard SISU procedure.

J

Jack Griffin

It seems all a bit pathetic to argue about the existance or not of a £12,000(or whatever) invoice, there are bigger fish to fry..

The first step is to get a high court ruling about the status of the club, if the whole club is in admin then the real deal is who ends up in control.. then the mess can be sorted out.

torchomatic

Or demand payment BEFORE even sending one. Now that would be strange.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Spencer

How can they expect payment if their is no agreement?

Having said that they can still raise an invoice without agreement - it just might not be valid.

As for a purchase order - you don't need one to have a contract. You need an offer, acceptance and consideration. People issue purchase orders to ensure that they are trading on their terms (and not upon a counter offer by the other party).

Spencer

You beat me to it. What's the reference on the invoice then?

And I note you're on here in pseudo defence of the SISU position yet again, 'Spencer' . What about the fact they haven't returned the contract that would give rise to a correct reference on the resulting invoice?

That behaviour 'utter tosh' too?

Not supporting anyone - just disagreeing with your statement.

martcov

How can they expect payment if their is no agreement?

Having said that they can still raise an invoice without agreement - it just might not be valid.

As for a purchase order - you don't need one to have a contract. You need an offer, acceptance and consideration. People issue purchase orders to ensure that they are trading on their terms (and not upon a counter offer by the other party).

I have to invoice large companies sometimes and they will not recognize my invoices unless I have a purchase order. To get that I must refer to a contract or some form of proof that I am entitled to raise an invoice. It is SISU who are wriggling not Higgs. A decent organisation who wanted to continue the arrangements would sign new agreements under their "new" or alternative company. Then Higgs would be able to raise an invoice to that company that must be paid. Where does the "counte offer" come in? You wouldn't ask for a purchase order in the first place if your offer hadn't been accepted - you wouldn't get one.

Spencer

I have to invoice large companies sometimes and they will not recognize my invoices unless I have a purchase order. To get that I must refer to a contract or some form of proof that I am entitled to raise an invoice. It is SISU who are wriggling not Higgs. A decent organisation who wanted to continue the arrangements would sign new agreements under their "new" or alternative company. Then Higgs would be able to raise an invoice to that company that must be paid. Where does the "counte offer" come in? You wouldn't ask for a purchase order in the first place if your offer hadn't been accepted - you wouldn't get one.

Counter offers, counter-counter offers and onwards are common practice.

It's also the reason companies send acknowledgement of orders. It's a complex part of contract law.

You have to quote a purchase order as it will be in the agreement between your company and the trading partner.

There are lots of people make a fair living out of contract disputes - to suggest invoices are not sent out without an order is just plain wrong.

Des1973

Out of interest if Higgs are saying they can only deal with CCFC Ltd but SISU are saying CCFC holdings LTd are the trading arm and pay the bills then who have the Higgs invoiced in the past LTD or HOLDINGS ltd?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Counter offers, counter-counter offers and onwards are common practice.

It's also the reason companies send acknowledgement of orders. It's a complex part of contract law.

You have to quote a purchase order as it will be in the agreement between your company and the trading partner.

There are lots of people make a fair living out of contract disputes - to suggest invoices are not sent out without an order is just plain wrong.

The purchase order cites agreement in terms between both contracting parties. This isn't needed if an invoice is raised against a contract, as that shows consensus. Without either, even as you state above what's needed is 'offer, acceptance and consideration'; none of which was in place. An invoice issued without contract, purchase order or even acknowledgment (from what was stated) would be worthless. Not unlawful - I could send out a an invoice now to Barack Obama, valued at eleventy billion dollars for the provision for cream cakes and fine pâtisseries, but I'd be entirely wasting my time - as would the Higgs Centre in this scenario - as there's no agreement in place to support the validity of the invoice.

And you may claim you support no party, but I'm sorry, but your timely appearance on this board and the stance, which appears to often offer mitigation for the party that's acting improperly seems to indicate a clear leaning to one side.

I have one. It's because SISU have taken the club I've supported for over 20 years to the cusp of oblivion. That's my angle. What's yours?

dongonzalos

The purchase order cites agreement in terms between both contracting parties. This isn't needed if an invoice is raised against a contract, as that shows consensus. Without either, even as you state above what's needed is 'offer, acceptance and consideration'; none of which was in place. An invoice issued without contract, purchase order or even acknowledgment (from what was stated) would be worthless. Not unlawful - I could send out a an invoice now to Barack Obama, valued at eleventy billion dollars for the provision for cream cakes and fine pâtisseries, but I'd be entirely wasting my time - as would the Higgs Centre in this scenario - as there's no agreement in place to support the validity of the invoice.

And you may claim you support no party, but I'm sorry, but your timely appearance on this board and the stance, which appears to often offer mitigation for the party that's acting improperly seems to indicate a clear leaning to one side.

I have one. It's because SISU have taken the club I've supported for over 20 years to the cusp of oblivion. That's my angle. What's yours?

Have to say, love your style MMM

rupert_bear

Spencer is well and truly in the sisu camp probably part of the camp, sussed that out long ago. Expect that name to disappear and come back as A.N.Other

Users who are viewing this thread