CLUB STATEMENT - JR Verdict (1 Viewer)

Exactly. While they are still around the club will never return.

Your prediction on the court case was wrong ( like a lot you post on here) and while SISU are around the return to the RICOH can happen, but the majority of FANS want them gone.ACL are not the problem it is Joy.

duffer

Right. I hope we've got the JR circus out of the way for a bit now, and that SISU aren't granted leave to appeal to keep it running a bit longer.

What needs to happen now is an unambiguous offer from ACL for a low-rent short-term deal, accompanied with proper discussions on what can be offered to the club in terms of income streams (nothing should be out of bounds in those talks, but negotiation has to be done in good faith from all sides). SISU need to accept that deal, and start bringing more money into the club straight away. I'd hope for no crowing from one side, and no whining from the other. Everyone has to move on.

In football terms, this is the equivalent of kicking each other up and down the park for ninety minutes and then shaking hands and having a pint together afterwards. I hope all sides can be grown up enough to do this.

NorthernWisdom

Right. I hope we've got the JR circus out of the way for a bit now, and that SISU aren't granted leave to appeal to keep it running a bit longer.

What needs to happen now is an unambiguous offer from ACL for a low-rent short-term deal, accompanied with proper discussions on what can be offered to the club in terms of income streams (nothing should be out of bounds in those talks, but negotiation has to be done in good faith from all sides). SISU need to accept that deal, and start bringing more money into the club straight away. I'd hope for no crowing from one side, and no whining from the other. Everyone has to move on.

In football terms, this is the equivalent of kicking each other up and down the park for ninety minutes and then shaking hands and having a pint together afterwards. I hope all sides can be grown up enough to do this.

The key word.

No wriggle room please.

James Smith

ACL need to be wound up. The cub could then be handed a long term lease with all revenues. Its the only way.
Would that involve the charity losing all the money it invested to save us?

If the Higgs lose all the money that they invested in ACL because ACL becomes bankrupt (through the company's own actions and not because a third party tries to distress it) that's tough luck for them. They invested in a limited company and should that go bust well that's their bad luck - same goes for Sisu, Joy, Arvo and their investors.

torchomatic

NorthernWisdom

Bluntly, there will always be wriggle room - because "the devil is in the detail".

However as Duffer says, negotiation has to be done in good faith from both sides.

Let's hope that can happen.
tbf, if I said 'as little wriggle room as possible, whislt acknowledging there is never an absolute absolute' it isn;t quite as catchy...

Perhaps 'no media driven headline offers' would have been the better statement ;)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

ACL need to be wound up. The cub could then be handed a long term lease with all revenues. Its the only way.

No. Sensible negotiation is now what's needed. SISU are losing money hand-over fist at Sixfields. They claim they are to build anew stadium. At what cost? Why not use some of the money budgeted for this, and use this as an offer to buy ACL? Not distress it, or break it, or destroy it, or 'batter it in court'. Buy it.

There's public opinion behind this being bought to an end. This should be used to mobilise political will go get CCC and Higgs to sell at the 'right price'; and SISU should offer something near that

DazzleTommyDazzle

tbf, if I said 'as little wriggle room as possible, whislt acknowledging there is never an absolute absolute' it isn;t quite as catchy...

Perhaps 'no media driven headline offers' would have been the better statement ;)

Sounds very catchy to me.

Perhaps that's why I was advised never to go into marketing :thinking about:

Kingokings204

Sisu are fucked. Their investors won't stand for this now. Out and gone.

NorthernWisdom

Sounds very catchy to me.

Perhaps that's why I was advised never to go into marketing :thinking about:

To my mind though, whether driven by ACL themselves, or media requirements, one of the more destructive elements have been the offers made where the headline isn't really related to the detail, as it builds hope that can be easily dashed.

Now admittedly I'm not entirely sure how you get past that, given you want people to know you've made an offer(!) but any offer needs to stop playing to the gallery quite so much.

And if it does that, it has more chance of progress anyway (he said, borrowing one of your straws for a moment!)

duffer

There's real merit in that. A media ceasefire would be a really good idea, where all sides just agree to sit down together and discuss stuff peacefully (non-disclosure agreements all round), and everyone promises not to say anything nasty about anyone else in public regardless of how right or wronged they feel.

I don't know about Labovitch, but Fisher isn't an unintelligent bloke, and Lucas seems to be making the right noises. Can they not just sit together for a while without having to feedback to the media and score points off one another...

dongonzalos

I'll be interested to see on what grounds Sisu appeal. Having been through the judgment, it's a fairly comprehensive council victory.
Simon Gilbert

NorthernWisdom

There's real merit in that. A media ceasefire would be a really good idea, where all sides just agree to sit down together and discuss stuff peacefully (non-disclosure agreements all round), and everyone promises not to say anything nasty about anyone else in public regardless of how right or wronged they feel.

I don't know about Labovitch, but Fisher isn't an unintelligent bloke, and Lucas seems to be making the right noises. Can they not just sit together for a while without having to feedback to the media and score points off one another...

As a slight aside, he clearly isn't unintelligent either (he wouldn't use quite so many negatives as I just have, for a start) but he does seem the one for the bitchiest comments! Is his role to make us pine for the days when Fisher was the public face?!?

shmmeee

Tsk. You and your "battered wife" analogies.

Meh, I can switch to Stockholm Syndrome if it's too offensive?

But the analogy is apt. "No one else will want us" "Anyone else would be the same" "They've got our best interests at heart really".

Kick the fuckers to the curb.

Samo

No. Sensible negotiation is now what's needed. SISU are losing money hand-over fist at Sixfields. They claim they are to build anew stadium. At what cost? Why not use some of the money budgeted for this, and use this as an offer to buy ACL? Not distress it, or break it, or destroy it, or 'batter it in court'. Buy it.

There's public opinion behind this being bought to an end. This should be used to mobilise political will go get CCC and Higgs to sell at the 'right price'; and SISU should offer something near that

And buy the £14m mortgage along with it? Very appealing.

stupot07

Meh, I can switch to Stockholm Syndrome if it's too offensive?

But the analogy is apt. "No one else will want us" "Anyone else would be the same" "They've got our best interests at heart really".

Kick the fuckers to the curb.

I must say I do find your 'battered wives' analogies condescending to any female (or male for that matter) who has experienced domestic abuse.

If you haven't already seen it, I would recommend that you watch Murdered By My Boyfriend on iplayer (BBC3).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

shmmeee

To my mind though, whether driven by ACL themselves, or media requirements, one of the more destructive elements have been the offers made where the headline isn't really related to the detail, as it builds hope that can be easily dashed.

Now admittedly I'm not entirely sure how you get past that, given you want people to know you've made an offer(!) but any offer needs to stop playing to the gallery quite so much.

And if it does that, it has more chance of progress anyway (he said, borrowing one of your straws for a moment!)

Not sure you can blame ACL (or Sisu) for the headlines TBF.

I'd like Sisu to come out and clearly state what they want as they are the ones holding up the deal. At least then we'd know if it's reasonable and could work from there. Problem is, they tend to leave just enough wiggle room to reject almost any offer.

That's why I favour a two stage solution. Get us home first, the deal doesn't have to be perfect just better than Northampton, then see if you can thrash out what you want. Problem is I genuinely think that CCC's and Sisu's bottom lines are mutually exclusive.

shmmeee

I must say I do find your 'battered wives' analogies condescending to any female (or male for that matter) who has experienced domestic abuse.

If you haven't already seen it, I would recommend that you watch Murdered By My Boyfriend on iplayer (BBC3).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I have several friends who have suffered domestic abuse, to be honest it's why I came up with the analogy I feel the same frustration as I do talking to a girl who keep going back to an abusive partner. They're not going to change, you need to leave.

But as I said, if others find it offensive, I'll leave it. No offense was intended.

justvisiting

That statement sounds like the whining of a bunch of hedge fund managers, complaining that a scheme to make them millions of pounds has just been spoiled.

Wasn't their JR argument that the council loan was making ACL more viable than it should have been, hence unlawful subsidy? Now all of a sudden that same council loan makes ACL a dead duck. The irritating thing is they're all still going to be walking away stinking rich, it's just they wanted even more and are now childishly stamping their feet because they can't get it.

dongonzalos

And buy the £14m mortgage along with it? Very appealing.

How appealing is 40 million debt added onto 43-50 million debt.

Then try to sell the lot for a profit?

Makes 14 million kitten feed I would working in the buy ACL outright deal if I was SISU and forget the lets starve ACL out and cripple them with legal action plan

stupot07

How appealing is 40 million debt added onto 43-50 million debt.

Then try to sell the lot for a profit?

Makes 14 million kitten feed I would working in the buy ACL outright deal if I was SISU and forget the lets starve ACL out and cripple them with legal action plan

It's going to be £40m added to the debt in 4-5 years anyway.

Nsgdm1

They made a poor investment, it happens. And its not to save us, its because its not viable.
Havent SISU made an even poorer investment "it happens " ,why not the reverse of what you say and they give CCFC to ACL or someone who is willing to work with them ,and walk away

J

Jack Griffin

Its a more attractive proposition than buying a 3rd Division club that owns a ground but is £100m in debt.

Or they could cut their losses & sell the club clear with debts written of to someone else for a few million.

skybluelee

''Now, more than ever, the new stadium is the only viable commercial option.''

I thought that the JR was just for the good of the citizens of Coventry and nothing to do with the build of a new stadium? Maybe my opinion that this has all been a way of getting the Ricoh on the cheap was somewhere nearer the truth than othrs want me to beleive?

There's a small part of me that thinks this talk of building a new stadium has just been a smoke screen...:thinking about:

wes_cov

I was briefly for a moment hoping that with a line under this maybe all parties would put out a statement seeking to actually move forward.

that feeling didn't last long after the joke of a statement from Sisu

mark82

I genuinely have no appetite for any of this bollocks any more. I'm sick of playing in Northampton. I'm sick of stupid statements from the club, council, ACL, KCIC and any other basket case who thinks they are important. I just want to support my football team and have a bit of fun.

This is just no fun anymore.

kmj5000

''Now, more than ever, the new stadium is the only viable commercial option.''

I thought that the JR was just for the good of the citizens of Coventry and nothing to do with the build of a new stadium? Maybe my opinion that this has all been a way of getting the Ricoh on the cheap was somewhere nearer the truth than othrs want me to beleive?

From the Judge's statement, it is apparent that he had seen through the SISU plan and concluded that to be the case.

The Gentleman

I cant see that being the case. I guess next years accounts will tell us, with no football and no major concerts etc...we shall see.

Who will go first Acl or the Club?

But how do you know how well ACL are actually doing. Just because there is no team playing there and no major gigs (this year) then this does not mean to say that all the other business it does is free does it. People can take the piss out of Grendel's mystic Sally (or whatever her name is) or the streaking contest but it is money from paying customers. At present CCFC has around 1500 paying customers every two weeks paying cheap prices and with the prospect of those figures only going down. Sadly, I know which one I would bet to go first.

Users who are viewing this thread