Club shop (3 Viewers)

dongonzalos

Sorry don but you're talking rubbish here. Arena park and tesco has huge football, a city centre shop wouldn't have a significantly increase in sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I said that we keep the hut there. However also have a proper shop.
I take it you are saying more people go to tescos than the city centre?

Londonccfcfan

Ideally there needs to be one in the or near the football stadium vicinity Ie in the car park near the turnstiles. Even the Arena park tesco outlet is a good 10 minute walk to turnstiles. It's on the other side (far side) of Tesco.

I park in car park C , usually arrive around 230, which doesn't really give Me time to get to Tesco shop , stand in queue and then rush back to East Stand.

Not ideal depending from which part of town you travelled from.

A decent mobile retail shop unit as an addition would be great. match day coach park space cost wouldn't be extortionate.

stupot07

I said that we keep the hut there. However also have a proper shop.
I take it you are saying more people go to tescos than the city centre?

We have a proper shop not a hut at tesco's or haven't you seen it?

The footfall is huge, has easy free parking. I go to tesco far more than I go to the city centre. In fact the last 2 times I've been to the city centre shopping was just before the last 2 Christmas's.

And it's right next to the ground.

How many more shirts do you think we would sell in town? Don't forget you'd have to sell at least £160-170k pa after vat just to break even. That's the reason why they have handed the shop over to just sports or whoever they're called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Ideally there needs to be one in the or near the football stadium vicinity Ie in the car park near the turnstiles. Even the Arena park tesco outlet is a good 10 minute walk to turnstiles. It's on the other side (far side) of Tesco.

I park in car park C , usually arrive around 230, which doesn't really give Me time to get to Tesco shop , stand in queue and then rush back to East Stand.

Not ideal depending from which part of town you travelled from.

A decent mobile retail shop unit as an addition would be great. match day coach park space cost wouldn't be extortionate.
Isn't there one in the ground on match day?

dongonzalos

We have a proper shop not a hut at tesco's or haven't you seen it?

The footfall is huge, has easy free parking. I go to tesco far more than I go to the city centre. In fact the last 2 times I've been to the city centre shopping was just before the last 2 Christmas's.

And it's right next to the ground.

Yes I have seen it and yes I think it should stay. However it is not what I would call a proper shop.
We would still have that footfall plus the bigger footfall of the city centre. Incorporating a proper ticket office maximising the opportunities to make a sale.

Grendel

Yes I have seen it and yes I think it should stay. However it is not what I would call a proper shop.
We would still have that footfall plus the bigger footfall of the city centre. Incorporating a proper ticket office maximising the opportunities to make a sale.

How many league one and indeed championship clubs have shops in their Cities / Towns? The majority according to you I assume?

I ask again what footfall area of the City Centre is bigger than Arena Park? Do you know or are you talking out of your arse again? For example, the footfall in the Arcade. Spon Street etc. would be much lower than West Orchards. So where in the city is their space and sufficient footfall?

What percentage of the likely footfall will spontaneously visit? How much would be substitutional?

Will those actually only wanting to purchase CCFC related merchandise consider the town as an option given parking costs, time to visit etc.?

Do you have any facts at all?

dongonzalos

So what happens if we have a bad run? Do we close it?

Unfortunately Nick that's way of life. If the demand drops I would imagine like all businesses tough decisions are made.
However perfect scenario would be use the money on tescos to rent half the shop in the actual stadium and have a city centre shop and ticket office. Covering all options.

I assume that won't happen to avoid giving wasps any additional cash

Londonccfcfan

Yes it's behind block 19.

Oh yes I went to this so called shop? In behind under block 19. I sit in Block 24. So went there I think during Peterborough match.

They had had a total of 10 Replica shirts. And we're selling 5 hats and 3 scarves. Oh yes and a sorry pike of match day programmes.

That was pathetic. Has it improved? As its hard Enough going to the toilet or getting a drink. Never mind venture behind 6 blocks with a child.

stupot07

Unfortunately Nick that's way of life. If the demand drops I would imagine like all businesses tough decisions are made.
However perfect scenario would be use the money on tescos to rent half the shop in the actual stadium and have a city centre shop and ticket office. Covering all options.

I assume that won't happen to avoid giving wasps any additional cash

So some back of a fag packet maths

City centre - £80k rent, £70k staffing, £5k utilities and rates, £15-20k initial stock = £170-175k plus cost of stock rotation
Ricoh - £80k rent, £70k staffing, £5k utilities and rates, £15-20k initial stock etc = £170-175k plus cost of stock rotation

So £340-360k plus stock rotation to cover after VAT deductions before you make any profits.

stupot07

Oh yes I went to this so called shop? In behind under block 19. I sit in Block 24. So went there I think during Peterborough match.

They had had a total of 10 Replica shirts. And we're selling 5 hats and 3 scarves. Oh yes and a sorry pike of match day programmes.

That was pathetic. Has it improved? As its hard Enough going to the toilet or getting a drink. Never mind venture behind 6 blocks with a child.

Yeah not great, but for your matchday purchases - hats, scarves and shirts it's ok.

dongonzalos

So some back of a fag packet maths

City centre - £80k rent, £70k staffing, £5k utilities and rates, £15-20k initial stock = £170-175k plus cost of stock rotation
Ricoh - £80k rent, £70k staffing, £5k utilities and rates, £15-20k initial stock etc = £170-175k plus cost of stock rotation

So £340-360k plus stock rotation to cover after VAT deductions before you make any profits.

Sorry Stu like you say figures on the back of a fag packet.

For example you can currently rent a shop in Hertford Street for 33k per year

Stock you should have a lot already?

Staff close the school desk at the butts. Use the staff and ditch the rent.

What is the deal we have at the moment?

Last edited:

chiefdave

How many league one and indeed championship clubs have shops in their Cities / Towns? The majority according to you I assume?

Pompey's store makes ours look massive. Its outsourced to Sports Direct so has general sports stuff in it as well. Like ours its not actually at the ground, its on the ground floor of a block of flats near the ground.

chiefdave

What else do you want on matchday? That's pretty much the same section you get if you go to Wembley to watch England!

letsallsingtogether

Users who are viewing this thread