Club shop (1 Viewer)

sylus

is a disgrace, went in there, no home kits, or even training kits available, they are not sure when they will become available, said you can preorder online, which if you go and try that, message comes up saying currently closed due to store relocation, obviously been open a few weeks now so not even updated the website.
if you go to any other Championship club shop you can order replica kits no problem.

Bugsy

I suppose there's nothing else to moan about... PUSB

kg82

is a disgrace, went in there, no home kits, or even training kits available, they are not sure when they will become available, said you can preorder online, which if you go and try that, message comes up saying currently closed due to store relocation, obviously been open a few weeks now so not even updated the website.
if you go to any other Championship club shop you can order replica kits no problem.
You should go to other championship club shops then.

Brighton Sky Blue

Bournemouth’s only has to cater for 5 blokes and a dog so obviously theirs will be kitted out.

Hobo

Club shop or Hummel's fault? Fans buying initial stocks too quickly? Logistics problem? Third world manufacturing problem?

AOM

Surely it's an issue out of the clubs hands?
Not like they would choose to not be able to sell shirts to fans

Evo1883

I reckon this week has just been overkill on their stock .

Thousands of fans have travelled through that shop for tickets and merch and it's all a learning curve ..give them a chance

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

i am not expecting miracles since moving back to coventry, but basic's would be nice, it is not a moan, it is an observation.

Fans buying all the stock, who'd have thought.

letsallsingtogether

I reckon this week has just been overkill on their stock .

Thousands of fans have travelled through that shop for tickets and merch and it's all a learning curve ..give them a chance
I agree with most of it but learning curve really?
They have moved a shop not changed an occupation.
Not like its the first time ether.

SBT

So if someone wanted to buy an adult-sized home shirt right now, is it even possible? There’s no option to do so online.

letsallsingtogether

So if someone wanted to buy an adult-sized home shirt right now, is it even possible? There’s no option to do so online.
No give them a chance.
We go on about how the club needs money this is really piss poor and inexcusable.
It will stop some from bothering to get one.
If you are like me I want it now, if I dont get it when I want then I dont bother at all.

SlowerThanPlatt

No give them a chance.
We go on about how the club needs money this is really piss poor and inexcusable.
If you are like me I want it now, if I dont get it when I want then I dont bother at all.

I agree it’s a poor show fans can’t buy the home or away top a week into the season but perhaps there’s a reason out of their control?

RegiswasGod

No give them a chance.
The thing is, if it's too long, fans will know that come February time they'll be able to get it half price and may choose to wait. I get that some things are out of their control, but I do wonder how much revenue they'd have taken on Sunday in that shop.

letsallsingtogether

I'm sure I read Boddy saying Hummel have had manufacturing issues in Asia due to COVID.
Thats fine but what about last season and the season before same issues.

Give them credit where credits due but they really havent got a clue how to run a shop and make a few quid.

clint van damme

i am not expecting miracles since moving back to coventry, but basic's would be nice, it is not a moan, it is an observation.

It's a missed opportunity as well when people are going in prepared to spend money.

letsallsingtogether

The thing is, if it's too long, fans will know that come February time they'll be able to get it half price and may choose to wait. I get that some things are out of their control, but I do wonder how much revenue they'd have taken on Sunday in that shop.
Exactly that how I got last seasons.

SlowerThanPlatt

Thats fine but what about last season and the season before same issues.

Give them credit where credits due but they really havent got a clue how to run a shop and make a few quid.

In that case they aren’t committing to enough stock, perhaps understandably given the financial situation

Grendel

In that case they aren’t committing to enough stock, perhaps understandably given the financial situation

to be fair they’ve probably got some stock To order software based of historic demand and the forecast model has not worked

letsallsingtogether

to be fair they’ve probably got some stock To order software based of historic demand and the forecast model has not worked
Yes but surely this would flag up that demand is higher then stock ordered.
The specials 3rd kit was a killer kit everyone wanted it but couldnt get it, it arrived in dribs and drabs, many wouldnt have bothered, I gave up.

Liquid Gold

Manufacturing shouldn't factor in to it.

I should be able to go online now, buy a home shirt and have it sent out when they receive them.

Grendel

Manufacturing shouldn't factor in to it.

I should be able to go online now, buy a home shirt and have it sent out when they receive them.

not really as if the demand model is wrong you end up with a gut load of stock even Amazon run out of merchandise

COV

not really as if the demand model is wrong you end up with a gut load of stock even Amazon run out of merchandise

Amazon are on a different planet to Coventry City in terms of their planning models and resources, it’s a bizarre comparison to make. They measure stock metrics to 3 decimal places, it’s chalk and cheese.

For a club like us where demand will fluctuate and you risk losing valuable revenue with stockouts, what better guide to demand could you ask for than your order book? And what better way to avoid losing revenue?

don’t see any single practical reason why people shouldn’t be able to order now.

Nick

Administrator
Amazon are on a different planet to Coventry City in terms of their planning models and resources, it’s a bizarre comparison to make. They measure stock metrics to 3 decimal places, it’s chalk and cheese.

For a club like us where demand will fluctuate and you risk losing valuable revenue with stockouts, what better guide to demand could you ask for than your order book? And what better way to avoid losing revenue?

don’t see any single practical reason why people shouldn’t be able to order now.
You can order, can't you?

letsallsingtogether

Because of covid what an excuse.
I have not had a day off until this week (booked in Jan) demand has rocketed and we have completed every order.

COV

You can order, can't you?

don’t think so?

not having a pop so much either, just think that at least if they took orders then they’d know reasonably accurately what kind of demand there was, and be better placed to avoid running out

Someone up above is saying online ordering home shirts is temporarily down so if that’s the case fair enough. But don’t we end up selling out pretty quickly every season?

letsallsingtogether

But you aren't based in Vietnam where the shirts are made so...
True but they are harder workers then us for little reward.
So they should have knocked them out in a day we are talking 100s not 1000s.

Users who are viewing this thread